Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I really miss about the Chase..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What I really miss about the Chase..

    Is Forrest.. that's all, I wish he had been able to stick around for a few more years, Diving into this chase brought up a lot of interesting history and a lot of questions that I'm sure Forrest could have answered. That guy held a wealth of information, My step father was an old timer from Lead south Dakota and tried to cultivate me with western lore when I was a kid and I wouldn't have it, He's gone now too. I see a lot in these old timers and there slipping away. And I just wish we had had more time with Forrest post chase. He had a lot to say that was worth hearing..

    Unfortunately there's a lot of people in the post chase community who have a lot to say that isn't worth hearing at all, god bless your heart's.


    Maybe a suggestion KPRO, Maybe it will soon be time to archive the chase, make it accessible to read but maybe its coming close to time to stop new comments and post, really all I see now is spiteful and obsessive commentary about a bunch of blah blah blah and nothingness.. archive it with a big fat sticky at the top when and if the finder ever comes out with the location... Just a thought.
    Last edited by 1keyword; 01-05-2021, 12:03 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
    Is Forrest.. that's all, I wish he had been able to stick around for a few more years, Diving into this chase brought up a lot of interesting history and a lot of questions that I'm sure Forrest could have answered. That guy held a wealth of information, My step father was an old timer from Lead south Dakota and tried to cultivate me with western lore when I was a kid and I wouldn't have it, He's gone now too. I see a lot in these old timers and there slipping away. And I just wish we had had more time with Forrest post chase. He had a lot to say that was worth hearing..

    Unfortunately there's a lot of people in the post chase community who have a lot to say that isn't worth hearing at all, god bless your heart's.


    Maybe a suggestion KPRO, Maybe it will soon be time to archive the chase, make it accessible to read but maybe its coming close to time to stop new comments and post, really all I see now is spiteful and obsessive commentary about a bunch of blah blah blah and nothingness.. archive it with a big fat sticky at the top when and if the finder ever comes out with the location... Just a thought.
    The blog, in my opinion, is supposed to generate a cash flow. I agree that the stuff being posted frequently (if not mostly) doesn't relate to the treasure hunt. But we're not forced (or paying) to be here.
    I also miss Forrest, but am trying to have "his spirit" -- via people -- stick around with us searchers that are still in the hunt. If you have questions that you think Forrest could have answered, this forum may conceivably (hah! I kill me!) be able to provide answers you'd like. By the way, some of the folks on this blog are old timers. Cheers.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

      The blog, in my opinion, is supposed to generate a cash flow.
      I don't know that I would consider $3 a day a cash flow.
      Kpro certainly isn't putting money in the bank from ad revenue.
      So, it's not a money thing .
      It's more than that.

      Finding Jessica

      Comment


      • #4
        One of the things I miss the most is the look in my kiddo’s eyes when I told them we were going on a treasure hunt. That was the best part for me. They could hardly believe there was a real treasure and they couldn’t wait to go camping to look for it. I will definitely miss that part. We camped out on all of our trips and had a blast making the trek to some really cool places. I was a little bit sad when the chase ended because I think I was as starry eyed about finding the chest as my kids were. I miss Forrest too, what an amazing thing he did.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes. When each scrapbook would come out, I felt like a 6-year old around Christmas, when you’d hear rumors of Santa being close by. I’d hear sleigh bells in every breeze and see Rudolph’s nose in every plane and radio tower.

          There’s something that we lose as we become “responsible” adults. I don’t know if it’s pixie dust, imagination, or star-sprinkles, but I I think Forrest might have wanted us all to try to find it again.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by willynilly
            I miss the scrapbooks and how excited the searchers would get trying to decipher them.
            I wanted to be original. I thought about this for 10 minutes and of all the things I miss about the chase, I think I’m going to say the same thing. I used to get so excited about the scrapbooks coming out. Looking for clues, reading the stories, thinking, and thinking some more. Oh, and I miss Sacha’s, Jason’s and Illinois Ghost’s videos. I miss Odious Soul’s videos. There are many, many more chase people too who put out great videos like Michael Houle and Smell the Sunshine, Crysty Fiorello, Rodney Greenway, AllenK, and the list goes on and on.

            I still find myself reciting and analyzing every word in the poem as I drift off to sleep every night, like toniiiiiigh...zzzz
            Last edited by Stickman; 01-07-2021, 11:53 AM. Reason: Clarified a name.

            Comment


            • #7
              And I miss Jenny’s videos and 6 questions series.

              Comment


              • #8
                I miss the dream....knowing that I was getting close and thinking of the accomplishment.....it was a lot about making a better way in life....but it was far more important than a lottery winning.....so more than just the money. I learned to feel I belonged in the mountains sleeping under the stars and facing incredible survival challenges along the way.....stuff I never dreamed that I would be doing at this age.
                In the end, the dreaming had an outcome. the dreams made my current predicament absolutely unbearable.....so that even being a senior citizen, I sold my house and struck out to begin anew......still,a profound sadness to how it all ended....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NadiyaM View Post
                  I miss the dream....knowing that I was getting close and thinking of the accomplishment.....it was a lot about making a better way in life....but it was far more important than a lottery winning.....so more than just the money. I learned to feel I belonged in the mountains sleeping under the stars and facing incredible survival challenges along the way.....stuff I never dreamed that I would be doing at this age.
                  In the end, the dreaming had an outcome. the dreams made my current predicament absolutely unbearable.....so that even being a senior citizen, I sold my house and struck out to begin anew......still,a profound sadness to how it all ended....
                  Your comment struck a chord.
                  I totally feel you.
                  I woke up one morning and took a drive.
                  That was seven months ago and I've not been home yet.
                  Finding Jessica

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good thread. There is a little bit of lost within all of us.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                      Good thread. There is a little bit of lost within all of us.
                      I agree it’s been sad that it ended, and not the way we hoped. “yet.”
                      There is a lot of hurt feelings, feelings possibly exaggerated by the pandemic, unemployment and a government that only cares about there party instead of us the American citizens. I’m really trying to look at the glass half full, and focus on everything I’ve learned and done since I began the chase. I hope everyone can pull some good out of this, it’s what Forrest wanted in my opinion.
                      Have a half full day all
                      1Trailblazer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Remember OP you can always not look at all this, it’s hard to walk away because of habits we have learned.
                        It will end or we fade away. But you can always just walk away. Many have and I don’t understand the new people on the blog. Or are they really new....
                        Some people can always be just one person, the ones that have two or three different avatars are either just talking to themselves or being deceptive.
                        I’ve always been 1Trailblazer or the added 2019 or 1&Only due to not being able to come back as my original avatar.
                        I was always Yogi with Ranger Smith.
                        I have left but somehow return for the positive agenda.


                        1Trailblazer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I miss Forrest.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Duster View Post
                            I miss Forrest.
                            Me two

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Stickman View Post
                              I wanted to be original. I thought about this for 10 minutes and of all the things I miss about the chase, I think I’m going to say the same thing. I used to get so excited about the scrapbooks coming out. Looking for clues, reading the stories, thinking, and thinking some more. Oh, and I miss Sacha’s, Jason’s and Illinois Ghost’s videos. I miss Odious Soul’s videos. There are many, many more chase people too who put out great videos like Michael Houle and Smell the Sunshine, that Fiorino(?) girl, Greenway, AllenK, and the list goes on and on.

                              I still find myself reciting and analyzing every word in the poem as I drift off to sleep every night, like toniiiiiigh...zzzz
                              Just so you know, there were a few Scrapbooks that never got published. So far I've seen two of them. I'll encourage the author/caretaker to share those.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X