Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the correct location was posted, what would make it believable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the correct location was posted, what would make it believable?

Without the chest, who would believe just the correct location? No evidence, so probably no believers -- unless FF himself posted it or the reader(s) thought it was posted by FF.

My guess is that for each clue, a solution to it -- along with an explanation supporting that solution -- might help.

But even if each clue's solution seemed, by itself, plausible or even well-supported, people would still say about the location and all the supporting info "well, there could be many others equally as good."

And even if the person posting explained why it would make sense from Forrest's point of view, people would still be skeptical, largely because they themselves didn't think of it, and largely because it was simple and straightforward (like FF kept telling us). People want it to be complicated (I never did, but did believe that a little imagination -- as FF suggested -- would help).

So even if one finds the trove, it's probably a good idea to not bother telling/explaining. Not to mention the "Pandora's box" of problems that would unleash for the finder. Can you imagine how many slimey, rotten bananas are out there, trying to cause someone's downfall?

By the way, I don't seriously believe people would wreck the place. It's a fairly long BOTG hike to get there. (I indicated "boots", not moccasins. Hee hee!) As always, all part of my opinion.
    Last edited by Old Pilot; 12-25-2020, 02:53 AM.

I'm afraid where I want to be is not going to be where I end up......

Comment

How about if it started with a bathtub and a broken heart... then ended with a circle, flame, and love.

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post
        How about if it started with a bathtub and a broken heart...
        That will probably go right over everyone's head and fly straight out the wing glass.
        Butterflies are free to fly,
        ​​​​​​​So save your strength and run the field you play alone .
        ​​​​​​​
        Finding Jessica

Comment

Well, I don't even have a solve, so its a toss up between the GPS and what f feeds us. I would stick with whatever the big man says and go all in.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

That will probably go right over everyone's head and fly straight out the wing glass.
            Butterflies are free to fly,
            So save your strength and run the field you play alone .
            ​​​​​​​
            But what if it's a windy day?

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

But what if it's a windy day?
              Its not the butterfly that moves, its everything else around it that realigns.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnus View Post

Its not the butterfly that moves, its everything else around it that realigns.
                Gottem. Boom !! Sparks flying, Fireing horses and stuff. Wow there. That dong look like heaven. But I’m jumping on that horse anyway. There’s a Great fight to fight. When Marvin looked at Fenn and said Son don’t lie but sometimes it’s best not to tell the whole Truth.

Comment

The "focused few" could easily do it with a sticky note or an avatar.
                  ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                    Without the chest, who would believe just the correct location? No evidence, so probably no believers -- unless FF himself posted it or the reader(s) thought it was posted by FF.

My guess is that for each clue, a solution to it -- along with an explanation supporting that solution -- might help.

But even if each clue's solution seemed, by itself, plausible or even well-supported, people would still say about the location and all the supporting info "well, there could be many others equally as good."

And even if the person posting explained why it would make sense from Forrest's point of view, people would still be skeptical, largely because they themselves didn't think of it, and largely because it was simple and straightforward (like FF kept telling us). People want it to be complicated (I never did, but did believe that a little imagination -- as FF suggested -- would help).

So even if one finds the trove, it's probably a good idea to not bother telling/explaining. Not to mention the "Pandora's box" of problems that would unleash for the finder. Can you imagine how many slimey, rotten bananas are out there, trying to cause someone's downfall?

By the way, I don't seriously believe people would wreck the place. It's a fairly long BOTG hike to get there. (I indicated "boots", not moccasins. Hee hee!) As always, all part of my opinion.
                    The Truth STANDS alone

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

It wood be a hard hard sail. Do you Old Pilot have that solve, ore are you axing for a friend.

Comment

1. All the clues and how they were derived from the poem, step by step.
                        2. Know at least 6 TTOTC book hints that can confirm the clues.
                        3. Know at least 12 scrapbooks that confirm the clues.
                        4. Know at least 6 OUAW book hints that all coincide with the poem clues.
                        Nobody is going to trash the site because their is nothing to trash. Nature has already done this. And only a few will ever go there because the chase is over. I know I won't. There isn't a reason to. If you've truly solved the poem, you know more than what I have stated above. If you don't, you never solved it.
                        This is the only way I will be satisfied.
                        Last edited by OH!!; 12-25-2020, 12:40 PM.
                        A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
                        It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                          Nobody is going to trash the site because their is nothing to trash. Nature has already done this. And only a few will ever go there because the chase is over. I know I won't. There isn't a reason to. If you've truly solved the poem, you know more than what I have stated above. If you don't, you never solved it.
                          That's about what I would say. More simply, I would believe the solve if it passed the "looks/sniff" test. For instance, no part of the GPS solve was credible, IMHO. I'd like to think that I would know that the real solve was plausible when I heard it.

Comment

If it were in The Bighorns.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                              I have posted the solve with pictures and other confirmations but no one will bother to critique it. Clues, hints, and a special place.
                              I recently added a crop of the chest photo with the bear nugget along with the bear anomaly I found. But there’s so much more...
                              I wish someone had the guts to debate my solve on its merits, not merely a one line dis.
                              No, it’s not in Wyoming.

Comment

Working...
                              X