Use of the word "nook"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of the word "nook"

I'm trying to find out where and when the word "nook" was first used in a posting, writing, video, interview, etc. relating to the hunt for Forrest Fenn's treasure chest. Where can I find helpful info about
    this, other than the tarryscant website?

I am more than likely wrong , however I thought the first time was from Jacket Offer ? i think we need to get Zapster or RT in on this

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post
      I am more than likely wrong , however I thought the first time was from Jacket Offer ? i think we need to get Zapster or RT in on this
      Notice you didn't miss the opportunity to get your 'hilarious' jibe in. good one.

Comment

First time I remember hearing about it was from the first Medium article.

Comment

What about creek? Oh I meant the origin of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
            Same here... as a "minor english" I am used to go for the dictionary when reading longer text... I clearly remember that I had to look up the word nook because I had never heard it before...
            „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
            G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun View Post
              What about creek? Oh I meant the origin of it.
              "Creeky" is what someone's brain gets if not often used.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post
                CHINOOK
                Finding Jessica

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9781601706720_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	238416

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

Same here... as a "minor english" I am used to go for the dictionary when reading longer text... I clearly remember that I had to look up the word nook because I had never heard it before...
                    I'll third this, as hearing it first from Medium article. Old Pilot

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	58B93809-626C-4E68-9666-CC176B434522.png
Views:	277
Size:	385.2 KB
ID:	238426 Wetherall literally means nook
                      the Only reason why the bracelet is even in ttotc ,is so he could use this word

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
                        Me too. However, I think a lot of us expected it to be in a nook based on the poem so it didn't seem like much of a revelation.

Comment

I'm confused. Are we now thinking of "nook" in terms of a word that is key?
                          If I've been overlooking the nook-key for half a decade now
                          and it has been right under my nose this hole time ...
                          I don't even know what I'll say, especially considering Jack Stuff somehow beat me to it.

Comment

Gotta love Fennspeak

A nook is a corner, cut out, angle, a V shape
                            V is the 22nd letter of the alphabet
                            V is 5 (five) in Roman numerals
                            V is for Victory
                            V is a peace sign using your first two fingers of your hand
                            V is for Vendetta
                            To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

Billy You might be going places of (possibly) no return.

Call it women's intuition if you want, but that kind of moon-key business might be best kept wrapped up under the tree.

Didn't you know? Those threes have ears too.

Comment

Working...
                              X