Forrest and the Bible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest and the Bible.

Hi all, I believe Forrest makes direct references to the bible in his book and the poem.
    Firstly we have 'Alpha and Omega' connections which appear in a phrase in the last book of the New Testament, namely the book of 'Revelation'. The phrase is: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end"
    The word 'revelation' means to reveal something that was secret.
    Stanza 1 Line 4 says: And hint of riches new and old" New and Old relates to the New and Old Testaments of the bible IMO, namely the first and the last which relates to 'Alpha and Omega' and that would relate to Genesis (the first) and Revelation (the last) books of the bible.
    In Scrapbook 178 'The Graciella Experience' April 2017, the very last paragraph Forrest writes says:
    "An hour later my wife walked into the office and asked why I was reading my bible. I didn't mean to be rude, I just didn't want to talk about it". f

The name 'Graciella' relates to the grace of God. It is also worth noting that this painting by 'Robert Henri' is really titled 'Florencia' and not 'Graciella'

My belief that the Rainbow was the key to the puzzle is borne out by the fact that the word 'rainbow' appears 4 times in the book of Genesis and 2 times in the book of Revelation.
    Giving us the number 42, which relates to the chest, however Forrest mentions New before Old which would reverse the number to 24. We know that Omega is the 24th letter of the Greek alphabet.
    Both the numbers 24 and 42 are relevant to the puzzle.

If this solve is Christian, Forrest was the worst Bible Thumper in history. He also lied, because if excellent resource materials are the bible or bible verses, then he should have mentioned them. Who knows anything at this point?

Comment

He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. You don’t tell tell right hand what your left is doing.

Comment

I guess.
        “We’re gonna teach ‘em how to say goodbye.” — George Washington, Hamilton

Comment

Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions.” f.

"Knowing" is the key word. Learning is entirely different. Forrest was a teacher and learned to not necessarily tell the whole truth.

Comment

Ok! so let me address something the so called finder mentioned in his article on Medium.com post. He mentioned the fact he never asked Forrest about the two Omegas in his book, and later mentions Forrest giving him a copy of "17 Dollars a Square Inch". Later when he mentions looking at it he notices that the two Omegas were also in the back of that book also, so assumes they cannot have any relation to the 'Thrill of the Chase'.

It was this book where the double Omegas first appeared. I believe they have everything to do with the chase for this reason. The book is a conversation between Eric and Forrest.
            Let's look at the big picture, Eric painted a rainbow into his most famous painting called 'Earth Flight Environment' a large mural in the Smithsonian. Notice that it has a beginning but no end.

I believe Forrest saw the connection here that he could use. Omega means 'end' but here again in the puzzle we have two, therefore two ends. On earth a rainbow has two ends "the beginning and the end" to quote the phrase in the book of 'Revelation'. I am a firm believer that the Omegas do relate to the Rainbow and we begin with the rainbow and end with it.

There is a very good reason for me believing this and it comes from the fact that in the revised edition of 'Once upon a While' there is now only one Omega in the Colophon which tells me that the beginning of the rainbow had been found (why else remove one) and "the end of my rainbow and the treasure" was yet to be found. It seems completely logical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trovesearcher1 View Post
              Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions.” f.

"Knowing" is the key word. Learning is entirely different. Forrest was a teacher and learned to not necessarily tell the whole truth.
              Trovesearcher1 Precisely, you do not take everything that Forrest says verbatim. The puzzle has a formula, it is a riddle, and a cipher is in play. Forrest himself has said "if you can decipher the clues in my poem you can find the treasure. Therefore there is one.

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post
                . . . There is a very good reason for me believing this and it comes from the fact that in the revised edition of 'Once upon a While' there is now only one Omega in the Colophon which tells me that the beginning of the rainbow had been found (why else remove one) and "the end of my rainbow and the treasure" was yet to be found. It seems completely logical to me.
                That would mean the beginning was found prior to January 1, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy View Post

Suzy Possibly, yes! Although I thought the revised edition came out in October 2018. Although Amazon have it down as being released on January 1st 2018, which is the correct date?
                  Last edited by starwheel; 11-19-2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post

Trovesearcher1 Precisely, you do not take everything that Forrest says verbatim. The puzzle has a formula, it is a riddle, and a cipher is in play. Forrest himself has said "if you can decipher the clues in my poem you can find the treasure. Therefore there is one.
                    Deciphering the clues and hints will alone lead you to the treasure. IMO, formulas will not work. Give the poem to a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Trovesearcher1 View Post

Deciphering the clues and hints will alone lead you to the treasure. IMO, formulas will not work. Give the poem to a child.
                      I only know what I know to be confirmable on my journey to the blaze The mention of a child connection is related ABC or 123 because letters to numbers are in play in this puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy View Post

Here's what confirmed it for me: https://dalneitzel.com/2017/03/12/sc...ed-sixty-nine/

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Express View Post
                          Thanks! I'd ask for a penny for your thoughts, but I'd say the beginning seems obvious . . . as well does the ending!! Now if we only had someone to prove that the Bible was a part of the solve.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Express View Post
                            That's an interesting photo in scrapbook 169. It almost looks like someone has a dislocated ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by YNP Solve View Post

That's an interesting photo in scrapbook 169. It almost looks like someone has a dislocated ankle.
                              Say what? My guess is that's just Peggy swooning over Forrest.

. . . he just moved her ( is an explanation really needed?)
                              Last edited by Suzy; 11-19-2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X