Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deano View Post
    I think that we can deduce something about the nature of the solve from Forrest's actions. What is the biggest action he took during those ten years? He talked, a lot. How many emails, interviews, private conversations and scrapbooks did he produce and take part in? That's a lot of content talking about one thing (give or take) Can we infer something about the solution from such confidence in being able to skirt around the issue for such a long time without giving anything away, trusting yourself to not be duped by a clever question or a slip of the tongue? He had some stock phrases he would use such as "the poem is straight forward" or even a blank "I don't want to talk about that" sure enough. But to me, it suggests that the solution is far from simple, completely idiosyncratic, or there is no solution (just an option, not putting any credence to the idea necessarily) So he could be confident enough to talk freely and not make any slip ups (at least in his mind) especially in a live setting where he would have to think on his feet. If you agree with that disjunction of possibilities, then you have to give some probability to the idea that the solution was idiosyncratic or there was none at all, as well as the option of being devilishly clever. By idiosyncratic i mean obscurely personal, like, what was the name of the dog i saw on the park 3 years ago when i happened to be thinking about lunch? How in the world could you know? Yet it would be true to say there was an answer.

Supposing there was a solvable answer and given these thoughts about his confidence to talk about it, there must have been weak points in that defensive wall. I think the most revealing information would have come from live interview, unique and oblique, questions. The likelihood of which would have come earlier in the chase when he hadn't heard such questions before, and when he had had less time to get his stock answers practiced. Questions that were a step or two away from the direct question, yet nevertheless you could infer an answer to. Maybe that's what the supposed finder did.
    When he mentioned dogs did the names Tesuque or Willie come to mind?

Classic Forrest gibberish "If you don't know where WWWH is you might as well stay home and play Canasta"
    or anything to do with borders
    or double letters
    or super heros
    or stars
    or geometry

As for thinking on his feet; I suggest you watch the video where a woman from the audience asked if following the clues you find yourself doing a switchback?
    or a classic is when someone in the audience asks; "What does Dorothy (collected works bookstore) think of you buying books from Borders?"

And as an unintended finale there was the statement: As of today, the finder and I decided that we should say that it was found in Wyoming.
    Really?? Com'on, right up to the end Forrest was playing us all......

1f

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes
      I see your point...
      Very clever Mr. Eyes..

Now concerning your new avatar....are you implying that you are a cross dresser?
      1f

Comment

You guys need to come out of the closet with this sort of wordplay.
        Dorothey is the proper spelling for the SWA at the borders shore where Fenn went alone with his cache.
        Last edited by Sirius B; 11-17-2020, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I'm a mini fan Billy...
          My preference is Mickey . . . Sorry, just saying.

It's all good though, we all need our EYE's checked when we get older.

No offense, really!
          Last edited by Suzy; 11-17-2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I'm a mini fan Billy...
            Here you go Mr. Eyes...I found a new avatar for you..
            Click image for larger version

Name:	point.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	223001 You're welcome, Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Trovesearcher1 View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20201117-080251_(1).png Views:	111 Size:	606.9 KB ID:	222976 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20201117-080302_(1).png Views:	110 Size:	558.1 KB ID:	222977
              I'm like the owl in the picture, head cocked, trying to take it all in. However, one of them sets of photos seems to have an advantage, but I can't tell which one it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy View Post

I'm like the owl in the picture, head cocked, trying to take it all in. However, one of them sets of photos seems to have an advantage, but I can't tell which one it is.
                It would be hard to accept if you knew Suzy. Picture solve sent to Forrest. Three wrappers, Poem, Books, Six questions, SB's
                Last edited by Trovesearcher1; 11-18-2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

It would be hard to accept if you knew Suzy. Picture solve sent to Forrest. Three wrappers, Poem, Books, Six questions, SB's
                  The only way I can understand it is from the ranking of baseball greats. Short of the literal, everything else is an illusion.

Comment

To further follow up on the logic.

No one knows where that treasure chest is but me,” Fenn told NPR in 2016. That includes his wife. “If I die tomorrow, the knowledge of that location goes in the coffin with me.” f.

Comment

I have zoomed into the hiding place several times but I wasn’t looking for the treasure. It cannot be seen on Google Earth. The only changes to that site today are those that nature has made.

Comment

I have zoomed into the hiding place several times but I wasn’t looking for the treasure. It cannot be seen on Google Earth. The only changes to that site today are those that nature has made.
                        Site 1 or 2?

Comment

Question: “How much progress can be made by someone just thinking and searching the Internet from home? (Another way of saying this: How many clues can only be decoded in situ?)”

Forrest: “All of them, in theory, but not likely in practice. A searcher must go to the site to find the treasure.”

Interesting word "site"

site

noun

\ ˈsīt \

Definition of site

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: the spatial location of an actual or planned structure or set of structures (such as a building, town, or monuments)

b: a space of ground occupied or to be occupied by a building

2a: the place, scene, or point of an occurrence or event. A picnic site

b: one or more Internet addresses at which an individual or organization provides information to othersan FTP siteespecially : WEBSITE

What is your definition considering Forrest's elimination of structures and buildings?

Forrest was very careful with word usage. Why did he not use spot, or location, but instead used the word site?
                          A bear statue. A sculpture. All of it could have been solved from your study. Until you got to the endpoint of the poem. You had to go there to see his art. Because you can’t see the sculpture from google earth.

Comment

Forrest, What’s the minimum number of clues that we need to solve to find the treasure, assuming that we follow the clues in order? `Serge Teteblanche

Just one Serge, the last one.f

https://mysteriouswritings.com/quest...-of-the-chase/

Comment

Working...
                            X