In the wood one last time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the wood one last time

Old Pilot is pushing for us to stick with the poem here on the forum and I agree since there are millions of rabbit holes to get lost in out there.

Let's discuss what "in the wood" means to you. Let's look at it 2 ways: the last 2 stanzas are either worded for describing the previous stanza's and related to the BOTG experience literally... or alternatively the last 2 stanzas are after BOTG is completed, but maybe there are proxy-like inner box tasks to complete. Let's do some mind experiments approaching this from both perspectives:

Did the finder have to be "brave and in the wood" out in the mountains? Or could this have meant being "brave and in the wood" some other clever way?

For my solution, "brave and in the wood" meant gallant in the forest. And, this meant Gallatin Forest.

My theory is... at one time, when the poem was new and no states had been singled out, there had to be a way built into the poem to bring the hunter to the general area. Gallatin Forest was my area.

Comment

Of sound mind and stout heart. Where a boy faces himself and his fears and remembers his past but realizes he has a future. One where he has to forgive himself and remember the mind can overcome anything if the heart and bones are good. Where a boy finally becomes a man. That can happen later in life for many It can be triggered by memories that are both haunting and profound simultaneously.

Comment

For me, it rings of a brave heart....

Comment

Originally posted by MacMan View Post
          Of sound mind and stout heart. Where a boy faces himself and his fears and remembers his past but realizes he has a future. One where he has to forgive himself and remember the mind can overcome anything if the heart and bones are good. Where a boy finally becomes a man. That can happen later in life for many It can be triggered by memories that are both haunting and profound simultaneously.
          I totally agree with this as referring to the brave part. How's does "in the wood" tie into this?

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa P

I think one part is the mountains and the next part would be water. A fish is in the water. Would you like me to explain further or do you got that?
            Please explain how a fish in the water is related to "in the wood".

Comment

TheGoldHunter I like the imagination and creativity. Hopefully someday we will see if this is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                For me, it rings of a brave heart....
                I feel the vibe and it kind of works for both scenarios.

Comment

oh no, I feel my turn is coming.....

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                    oh no, I feel my turn is coming.....
                    Hang on tight and keep both of your delicate little hands inside coaster at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post

I totally agree with this as referring to the brave part. How's does "in the wood" tie into this?
                      The dense mind can be perceived as knocking on wood. You can get lost in it for eternity if not careful or you can set yourself free. Two paths. You choose. There is nobody that holds power over your mind and once you realize that you can move to levels you never experienced before.

Comment

"If you are brave and in the wood" was a reference to the Wyoming emblem. A brave cowboy in the saddle (aka saddle tree).

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	480
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	221915

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post
                          "If you are brave and in the wood" was a reference to the Wyoming emblem. A brave cowboy in the saddle (aka saddle tree).

Name:	download.png
Views:	480
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	221915
                          But didn't the Broncos win by 3 points? Ha! Got to love this...

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post

But didn't the Broncos win by 3 points? Ha! Got to love this...
                            Oh Jesus, that's a field goal...

Comment

Name:	Screenshot_20201112-221713_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	221925

Comment

Working...
                              X