No announcement yet.

The blaze in a word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were many key words surrounding his heart. Here are a handful of them:

Carpe Diem – Seize Life Today
    Jesus

Peggy
    Eric
    Hope To All

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldHunter View Post

My son and I made one trip and we got turned back by snow and time. According to Google's measuring tool it is about 4 feet across. For my solution, my theory would be that it's made of tar (tarry). And, you could remove it but it wouldn't be feasible. And, does it face North, South, East, or West? I'd say it doesn't face any of those directions because it faces up
      It looks like a black pacman or a black pie with a piece missing. (It's not in Wyoming, tho) It's in the Lakes Plateau of Montana
      Good luck if you search there. That's pretty remote. Don't get stranded.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
        There were many key words surrounding his heart. Here are a handful of them:

Carpe Diem – Seize Life Today
        Jesus

Peggy
        Eric
        Hope To All
        Whose heart?

Comment

Originally posted by RFISH View Post
          This plane? The B-47 that crashed on Emmigrant Peak in the early 60’s?
          and started a small fire.
          On the backside, up(oh yeah) Gold Prize Creek?
          There’s even a nice memorial gazebo at the old Chico Cemetery.
          And no, I didn’t look under it. I couldn’t take the disappointment.
          Who am I kidding, yeah I looked, for old times sake.
          The B-17 on Bomber Mtn, Bighorns...but an interesting find

Comment

I'm not keane on speculation, but what I wonder is if ff and finder sat down to share a budWiser or budlight and listen to "Some Blaze Only We Know."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Whose heart?
              The Creator: The end is crossing through the door to meet the real heroes and stars that were important in Forrest’s Life. The poem was written before Forrest’s passing; WWWH is the creek of tears of sadness and the ending passing through the Pearly Gates are tears of Joy.

The past will always be contradictory when told by one person at a time. I feel my life has been a rough draft of the place just ahead where the past will come alive again and all of my experiences and friends through the years will meet with me at the great banquet table of history. Then there will be no past. F.

TS Elliot: We shall not cease from exploration, And the end of all our exploring, Will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time.

Mind you this is only a slice of the masterpiece
              Last edited by Switch; 11-11-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

The Blaze is BIPs, Dog Tag or otherwise called a Bow.
                The Bow or Dog Tag has Forrest's BDay listed on IT.

The Bow overlaps the Tears mentioned in the thread above, which makes it a Rainbow.
                Bow + Tears = Rainbow
                Last edited by Switch; 11-10-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Good luck if you search there. That's pretty remote. Don't get stranded.
                  Thanks, Pilot. I don't plan on going back. TFTD- Too Far To Drive. I would still love to check the spot, though.

Comment

Forrest seems to have wanted a permanent, natural funeral pyre. I think the coordinate solve is correct - this blaze jumped out at me, and would have jumped out at the finder once coordinates were dropped on a map - but the finder (and apparently several others) didn't have the last bit (.2 minutes) solved correctly and was looking in the side of the flames instead of the center. The corpse is meant to be placed in the center of the blaze. Look at the big picture / all you need is the poem and a good map. The contextual clues seem to point to Yellowstone in general - e.g. WWWH can be the touristy geysers, follow the road down the canyon to the Dry Creek area. I wasn't a searcher, though by the looks of it I missed out on a lot of fun (obsession / addiction).

I had been a doubter (which is why I didn't search), and after seeing this blaze and reading about Fenn's death wish I am convinced it was there, untouched for a decade.

Comment

Working...
                    X