Conspiracy Theories are getting ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy Theories are getting ridiculous

In My Opinion , you are calling Forrest Fenn a LIAR , and he destroyed everything he had worked on since 1988. That just makes no sense what so ever to me.
    Net Flicks

Net Flicks

Comment

It's actually a very interesting topic. I tend to be swayed by conspiracy theories, what does that say about me? Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories?

The desire for understanding and certainty. Seeking explanations for events is a natural human desire. We’re constantly asking why things happen the way they do. In this Chase we don't have a lot of answers.

The desire for control and security. People need to feel they’re in control of their lives. This is especially true when the alternative feels threatening. If I deny the probable truth, then that means I'd have to admit defeat. It's easier to believe in an unreasonable theory than to look within at something uncomfortable like losing.

The desire to maintain a positive self-image. Research shows that people who feel socially marginalized are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories. We all have a desire to maintain a positive self-image. It's easier to seek validation from like minded people rather than face rejection. It makes us feel good about ourselves to have a sense of community.

Comment

Isn't the truth usually rather dull? Princess Diana died in a car crash, she wasn't killed by the Queen and her spies. Roswell was weather balloon not aliens. But these things lack absolute proof so imagination fills the gaps.

What would we all have to talk about if we accept Forrest told the truth? No one wants to believe the chest was found by some shy guy who wanted anonymity. That's far too dull..! We'd have no reason to still be here if everyone accepted this as fact. I like reading people's conspiracy theory thinking, even though I believe the dull version of events.

Comment

I think I'm working through the five stages of grief. Two down three to go.

Comment

Time Will Tell ...

Net Flicks

Comment

RE: Conspiracy Theories are getting ridiculous

(have always been)

Why do you think we love them?

Keep reading and welcome to the party ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=39Bnk6VU53Y

Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 10-23-2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

It's not a conspiracy theory to say that there is no evidence of a finder. If you have any evidence please share.
                Not sure what is so "ridiculous" about not believing in something without evidence. It actually seems pretty ridiculous to me to assume there is a finder when there is no evidence of one.

Comment

From Forrest Fenn on June 6th, 2020 at 8PM PST

THE TREASURE HAS BEEN FOUND
                  It was under a canopy of stars in the lush, forested vegetation of the Rocky Mountains and had not moved from the spot where I hid it more than 10 years ago. I do not know the person who found it, but the poem in my book led him to the precise spot.
                  Net Flicks

Comment

"The finder wants me to remain silent and I always said the finder gets to make those two calls. Who and where. f"
                    Net Flicks

Comment

Updated July 22nd, 2020
                      by Forrest

Many of the searchers for my treasure had solves that seemed to neatly fit the clues in my poem. Then when the finder found and retrieved the treasure, other searchers wondered how close they had been to the right spot. Because I promised the finder I would not reveal who found it or where, I have remained mostly silent.

However, the finder understands how important some closure is for many searchers, so today he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming. Until he found the treasure, the treasure had not moved in the 10 years since I left it there on the ground, and walked away.

Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana.

To all of those who did not find the treasure, we hope that you got some enjoyment from the chase. f
                      Net Flicks

Comment

"we hope that you got some enjoyment from the chase"
                        Does not seem that a lot of you did.
                        That means you missed the whole point.
                        Net Flicks

Comment

Originally posted by Street Scenes 333 View Post
                          "The finder wants me to remain silent and I always said the finder gets to make those two calls. Who and where. f"
                          That's not considered evidence. It's not even accepted as a testimony in court unless it is sworn under penalty of law.

And are you forgetting what Forrest Fenn told us about telling the truth?

“What we've learned is that you should always tell the truth, but you should not always tell ALL of the truth.” Boy oh boy, those five minutes were better than all the diplomas in Texas. -f

Hey Street Scenes want to find out something that's REAL? because I say something means it's real right? According to your logic
                          "Santa Claus is real" - Cary Galloway

Evidence!
                          Last edited by Cary_Galloway; 10-23-2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Answer the riddle of the Poem
                            Net Flicks

Comment

Here is why we have a conspiracy. The order of events is not in order.

For example: Here is a sequence of an egg hatching in the correct order. Everything is looking good and nothing suspicious.

Click image for larger version  Name:	steps series 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.6 KB ID:	215805

Now, if I changed the order and told you this was correct, you would notice it's not in sequence.

Click image for larger version  Name:	steps series 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.6 KB ID:	215806

Same with the chest.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fenn steps series 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.9 KB ID:	215808
                              But in reality, the picture of the chest was taken after the chest was inspected because the rusted cloth bag is no longer in the chest.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fenn steps series 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.9 KB ID:	215807 Here is the Original photo of the chest right after recover. Please download and zoom in. The dragon bracelet is just below the coin with the rust spot on it. It's in the plastic baggie. There is not cloth sack in the plastic bag with the Dragon Bracelet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image003.png Views:	0 Size:	3.75 MB ID:	215809

So, based on the order of the photos, something is out of place. One would immediately conclude the picture of the chest was taken after it was inspected at the office and the contents were placed back into the chest and then photographed, minus the cloth sack.
                              Last edited by Walking Among Lions; 10-23-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X