Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Warm Waters Halt

So where was it?
    My warm waters theory was human bodies. Where humans halt. Humans are warm waters. Like a memorial.

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
    So where was it?
    My warm waters theory was human bodies. Where humans halt. Humans are warm waters. Like a memorial.
    My thoughts are at Yellowstone Regional Airport in Cody WY. It lies right next to the Wyoming State Veteren's Memorial site.

Warm water reservoirs halt at the runway's edge (they are not cold mountain runoff lakes like other places in the Rockies). This is where one would begin their flight (the 'it' in the poem's 2nd stanza).

Comment

#Cary_Galloway
      It is not the human body that is a warm water.
      But there are parts in the human body where warm waters halt: the breasts of a woman for feeding her child and the bladder of everybody. Those are places where warm waters really halt.
      Now read the poem again. You will be amazed about the final destination. Of course you went alone in there and with your treasures bold.....start it WWWH and then follow the canyon down.....not for the meek...heavy loads.....waters high...the end drawing nigh.... look quickly down... marvel gaze...take the chest....go in peace......Brave was in the wood.....first tired and now weak.
      Brings you to the Bible....Adam and Eve.....and how they got children.
      The question is if I’am serious or joking. Try to look at the poem in this way.... there is even a home of Brown not far away.
      Last edited by jan_v60; 10-14-2020, 07:41 PM.

Comment

As Forrest needed 15 years to write the poem, maybe he had time to build in some double sense jokes also. I forgot the riches new and old here. Old testament. Not Amber and Kendall I think. But in fact they could be related to the other sinners Adam and Eve.
        However it brings me back to Evanston WY or to Adams Falls CO.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot

So a searcher should fly somewhere to find the treasure chest? I don't think the correct solve would require this.
          One would not have to do any actual flying. Most of the clues could be followed on a typical map, but from a pilot's point of view.

Example:
          Begin your flight at Yellowstone Regional Airport (reasons per above reply). And take your flight in the canyon south. Put in (turn east) south of Monster Lake. From there it's the Bighorns. There'll be nothing up your creek (to steer you), just Bomber Mountain and Cloud Peak (Paint Rock Creek has these peaks either side). If you've been wise and found your flight (wreck on Bomber Mtn seen from Lake Solitude), look quickly down from its glimmer, your quest to cease.

Comment

I think WWWH is rain and tears TTOTC Forrest gave us all we need to know.
            Not just on how to find a treasure but how to find a way to be that treasure to others.
            He said as much at the end of TTOTC we are here for each other that is what makes
            life worth living.If we can't bring a smile to the one who needs that smile the most we
            missed what Forrest trying to show us.

Comment

Where : Warm Waters : Halt
              Leadville: California Gultch : Stop

Comment

To me, halt suggests an abrupt but temporary suspension of motion or activity. Since water only freezes at 32 degrees f., and somehow you are to "take it in the canyon down," I looked for a road with that numerical designation. Since MT 32 is also US 212, that was my working theory to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol View Post
                  To me, halt suggests an abrupt but temporary suspension of motion or activity. Since water only freezes at 32 degrees f., and somehow you are to "take it in the canyon down," I looked for a road with that numerical designation. Since MT 32 is also US 212, that was my working theory to the end.
                  YNP NE Entrance is WWWH.

Highway 212. Skippy was 2 years older, June 2 years younger, Forrest was the 1 in the middle - 212
                  Get back in the box where you're COMFORTABLE and your thoughts FLOW more easliy. comfortable is warm, flow is water. The box is YNP (look at old maps).
                  Look at the big picture..."In the big picture of Yellowstone..."
                  I had to bribe 2 mexican officials=paying rangers to get into the Park.
                  Big wooden sign out front that made a big difference in his life = YNP Entrance Sign.
                  A portion of For Whom the Bell Tolls was written outside Cooke City.
                  And the most definitive clue telling us WWWH is Scrapbook 247. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhT6SxHwfO4&t=1s

It's all right there and people refuse to see it. Oh well.

Comment

WWWH is simply where you get out of your comfort zone. It's that warm comfortable bath you take before embarking on a cold journey.

Comment

The sentence ”Where warm waters halt”, has water in a multiple form. FF writes waters and not water. If something halts is supposed to be moving before the halt and then continue moving afterwards. Whennot FF should have written ”Where warm waters stop”.
                      Does any body else has a solve where for example a refueling station (water, wood, coal) of steam locomotives was an indication for WWWH? This also could explain why FF writes waters and not water.

Comment

That may be where my solve went wrong. I used Cather in the Rye and substituted 'stop', and so got sent down the Madison. Perhaps in other literature there is a 'halt' that would send me in another direction.

Comment

“Begin it where warm waters halt”.
                          Osier train “halt” or station is where the C&TSRR Antonito and Chama train “lines” meet (cross) and stop (halt) for lunch at the cafeteria.
                          The first clue is “nailed down” (RR tracks).
                          Osier is the “half-way there” point of the train line.
                          “Warm Waters“ are the train passengers. The warm water that courses through our veins causes the bronze bust to feel cold to the touch.
                          ”Halt” - a word that is key, if correctly understood, will greatly narrow the possible WWWH locations.

Comment

Maybe a crossing of the lines is not enough to speak of a real wwwh. I would like to add that before Evanston became the real end station of the first Transcontinental Railroad, the previous refueling station was situated at Piedmont (now a ghost city), a few miles before Evanston. And Piedmond ....in a way could explain why FF liked so much pies in his storytelling.

Comment

Fredo pie

Comment

Working...
                              X