Name:	ABAA0CC9-4D67-47BB-85EF-DA7412D7C516.jpeg
Views:	1514
Size:	753.3 KB
ID:	203940Click image for larger version

Name:	ABAA0CC9-4D67-47BB-85EF-DA7412D7C516.jpeg
Views:	1460
Size:	753.3 KB
ID:	203941
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Thank you for providing that K.

A few things about this statement caught my attention. First, when I first heard it, it felt like a last scrapbook that was never released. The writing and the story just seemed like it should have been called SB 254. Second, the tone seemed strange, especially to a group of people gathering to celebrate and say goodbye to The Chase more or less. It was like he was trying to tell us something but not directly, the story really had nothing do with the end of The Chase.

I've got more thoughts on the statement but I want to hear what others have to say. What do you guys think?

Comment

Oh man...what a little squirt Forrest was in his youth!

Comment

Maybe we should let Fenn's last words to us RIP and enjoy them without trying to decode them. I know the temptation is strong, but it's a recollection of his. Sometimes I think he was was just telling stories. They usually make me chuckle. He got better with age, making the smallest incidents an enjoyable tale.
        You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Comment

Wetting down things and on (or in) things seems to be a topic I have seen referenced in several of Forrest's writings.
          But he is in heaven now and it is a pissing shame that I never got to meet the man.
          We would have talked for hours.....
          KPro - I do believe he left you and all the others who were there to celebrate the ending, some words of wisdom - Fenn style.

Comment

Rain/borders, water on boundary. Yup, that's the Forrest I remember, throwing hints until the end, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
              Wetting down things and on (or in) things seems to be a topic I have seen referenced in several of Forrest's writings.
              But he is in heaven now and it is a pissing shame that I never got to meet the man.
              KPro - I do believe he left you and all the others who were there to celebrate the ending, some words of wisdom - Fenn style.
              I agree. The story about him wanting to pour warm water over the roots of the tree where his mother passed, watering his trees after Edard passed, now this one about wetting down the dirt road. It seems to be a reoccurring theme in his last writings.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetting-down

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
                  Maybe we should let Fenn's last words to us RIP and enjoy them without trying to decode them. I know the temptation is strong, but it's a recollection of his. Sometimes I think he was was just telling stories. They usually make me chuckle. He got better with age, making the smallest incidents an enjoyable tale.
                  how do you know it’s his last words?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunday Comic View Post

how do you know it’s his last words?
                    Last words to us, I think, unless I'm mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post
                      Thank you for providing that K.

A few things about this statement caught my attention. First, when I first heard it, it felt like a last scrapbook that was never released. The writing and the story just seemed like it should have been called SB 254. Second, the tone seemed strange, especially to a group of people gathering to celebrate and say goodbye to The Chase more or less. It was like he was trying to tell us something but not directly, the story really had nothing do with the end of The Chase.

I've got more thoughts on the statement but I want to hear what others have to say. What do you guys think?
                      lowkey
                      lowkey I agree with you. It does read like a scrapbook, and fun fact: Ellert Kosky was mentioned in SB 253. Maybe we missed something important in that last one? Anyhoo... my interpretation in his words are this - maybe we should all have a little patience and wait for the dust to settle. I’m sure things will be much more clear.

Comment

Was his message 'wait for the dust to settle?' It's a nice story to send his keenest fans, a scrapbook just for them.

Comment

Forrest brought out the happiness in me. The chase was fun....and probably the best game I ever played. He said you gotta get in your car and go...I’m willing to do it now.

Comment

Originally posted by tootingjo View Post
                            Was his message 'wait for the dust to settle?' It's a nice story to send his keenest fans, a scrapbook just for them.
                            Yes, I believe so. That’s why he asked those at the finale to help wet down the ground, to help the dust settle. There will always be an “Ellert” that likes to stir it back up though. ( Sorry Ellert, RIP sir) it was just an example.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                              Forrest seemed proud of some of his "mischief". How do you know he is in heaven?

Comment

Working...
                              X