No announcement yet.

Isn't it strange...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do so many Americans like so much conspiracy theories of all kind?

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
      Jan, and I was just about to start my own conspiracy theory. What if Fenn's treasure revolves around "war money"?

Get it, CIA related? That would fanny the flames of that fire, now wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

There could be quite a cold war era story. CIA agent interacts with Soviet spys via art dealings. With agents superior skills implants subliminal messages that collapses entire Soviet Union
        Nice ode to a bad Hollywood movie, lol. This is just merely a dot-for I think there are 12 dots. One dot pertaining to ( this aspect) what I would say that'is for, "logic governs the requirement of tangible supportive assets". Meaning- I would need something from his background that would justify the potential for him to have acquired an item of valuable interest to those of whom would likely be the interested party types. This dot aspect has some added credence now, imo. I'm just giving it a go again after shelving an interest. Perhaps it is in knowing a little about the historical beginnings ,will this ending be partially understood?

Everything is available and on the table to digest. I'm just looking for a couple more dots.

Last edited by Alsetenash; 11-20-2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Thank you all I read was the plot. Sounds all over the place but decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

Thank you all I read was the plot. Sounds all over the place but decent.
            I would disagree with one thing Cowboyrocker said. From what I remember, the Fenn character didn't regret faking his death, he regretted missing out on his kids' lives. That's the whole reason he created the stunt of burying himself with his assets. It wasn't as a punishment to his kids, it was to get them to work together and work hard for something. He did not want their inheritance to be handed to them on a silver platter. As for the Fenn character faking his death, it was more staged than faked. To summarize, he packed up his worldly valuables and plotted to be buried with them. (Spoiler alert) He was supposed to have been given something which would kill him but instead he was given something that knocked him out. When he awoke he was in his tomb surrounded by his belongings and was meant to suffer a slow and painful death. Luckily for him, the sons came to his rescue. Did he fake his death? Not really, but it was planned and staged.
            Last edited by Goldilocks; 11-20-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post

I would disagree with one thing Cowboyrocker said. From what I remember, the Fenn character didn't regret faking his death, he regretted missing out on his kids' lives. That's the whole reason he created the stunt of burying himself with his assets. It wasn't as a punishment to his kids, it was to get them to work together and work hard for something. He did not want their inheritance to be handed to them on a silver platter. As for the Fenn character faking his death, it was more staged than faked. To summarize, he packed up his worldly valuables and plotted to be buried with them. (Spoiler alert) He was supposed to have been given something which would kill him but instead he was given something that knocked him out. When he awoke he was in his tomb surrounded by his belongings and was meant to suffer a slow and painful death. Luckily for him, the sons came to his rescue. Did he fake his death? Not really, but it was planned and staged.
              Thanks for the description.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post

You are correct... but the incident with the knockout pills instead of a deadly poison kickstarted his regrets... didn't it?
                „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

I had the date wrong. It was Cincinnati Enquirer August 10 1980

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/2832...nati-enquirer/

His friend was Valerie Plume
                  You should be careful with the spelling of people's names. Do you want someone to assume (and we know what happens when people assume) that you meant Valerie Bertinelli?

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
                    Because that is what the government does. And we are the government

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

You should be careful with the spelling of people's names. Do you want someone to assume (and we know what happens when people assume) that you meant Valerie Bertinelli?
                      Ok, I meant Valerie Plame, ex-CIA agent and self described friend of Forrest Fenn.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.abq...ure-2.html/amp

People should really do some due diligence.

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly

The worst one is the anti maskers, I’m just always thinking...really?
                        There are so many more interesting/infuriating/unjust things to get all worked up over. Wearing a mask is really gonna boil your blood? Really? To each their own... priorities
                        That would be simply a non-conformist justifying their position.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

You are correct... but the incident with the knockout pills instead of a deadly poison kickstarted his regrets... didn't it?
                          If that is what happened, do you know where he would be ?

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly

It’s inconsiderate behavior. We all live on the same planet and ideally should show respect to each other, cooperate with each other to live peacefully. I know, that’s too much to ask, I live in the clouds.
                            The world is chalk full of inconsiderate behavior. Especially by the different Supremist groups that keep the world at war. Some religious and others non religious. But they are all cut from the same piece of fascist cloth.

Comment

If that is what happened, do you know where he would be ?
                              He had properties all over the states... in my dreams he would sit at the banks of a river... flyfishing from his porch... not in one of the search states... maybe back east... :-) His notebook on his lap... and a huge smile on his face! I wish him well so this would be super cool, although it might be a dream only...
                              „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                              G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

He had properties all over the states... in my dreams he would sit at the banks of a river... flyfishing from his porch... not in one of the search states... maybe back east... :-) His notebook on his lap... and a huge smile on his face! I wish him well so this would be super cool, although it might be a dream only...
                                How about in Denver ?

Comment

Working...
                                X