For the sake of debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the sake of debate

I posted this on FB and got over 100 responses in the last two days......

I would like to go down a line of thinking, just to question the obvious odd ending. This is not to disparage F. Mike and I had this debate, if F called it, that is his prerogative. I disagree. So, let me ask - IF Forrest pulled the chest (just generally stating this question that he decided the day and calling it), here are my questions?

Why did he pull it? Why that day? Did something happen? Was in unexpected or had he planned it that way? How likely is this?

Please keep civil, I am needing to go down rabbit holes and various thought patterns as I work through this ending.
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

He pulled it because he was turning 90 and he didn’t want to leave the Chase for his surviving family members to deal with. Although, they still have to deal with some residual Issues. I think, and at least hope, he did it for them.

Comment

Forrest was looking for us to experience what he experienced on page 94 of TTOTC. Another learning lesson on wanting. This will pass and all will come out in the end.
      Last edited by Trovesearcher1; 09-22-2020, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Great topic kpro. I have some gut feelings that I will share.

-Why did he pull it?
        The Chase was a game and Fenn made the rules, but I believe the way things went down was precisely as intended. What clue was it that the LGFIndia couldn't get past? I believe the proper "blaze" was found just prior to the announcement. This leads to speculation as to whether it was set up to be a complex proxy based system following blaze finding and leading to "title to the gold"; hence the long period of silence.

-Why that day?
        It may have been communicated to Fenn somehow that someone recognized the blaze and/or environmental conditions were conducive for a blaze around that time.

-Did something happen?
        Blaze induced "running man".

-Was it unexpected or had he planned it that way?
        Clearly unexpected by searchers, but highly likely orchestrated and planned by a bunch of jokers.

-How likely is this?
        85% likely

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post

-How likely is this?
          85% likely

That is funny!!
          “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
            IF Forrest pulled the chest (just generally stating this question that he decided the day and calling it), here are my questions?

Why did he pull it? Why that day? Did something happen? Was in unexpected or had he planned it that way? How likely is this?
            The following is all "in my opinion".

I don't think that Forrest pulled the chest.

However, I don't think that the ending in early June was totally unexpected by Forrest. Perhaps Forrest had notice through emails, through chat rooms, through forums, from YouTube videos, and from comments on those videos that someone was extremely close to locating the treasure.

The key event to the timing may have been the late opening of the Beartooth Highway and the Lamar Valley section of Yellowstone on 1 June 2020. From memory, the weather would have been perfect for hiking on either 1 or 2 June -- perfect for recovering the treasure if it was hidden in that section of Yellowstone.

My opinion is that no matter what type of land the treasure was hidden on, it was always going to be a problem for the finder. There was always going to be an issue about the landowner's claim to all or part of the treasure -- no matter what type of land was involved. So, neither the finder nor Forrest could identify the treasure location without risking a claim from the landowner to all or part of the treasure.

I don't discount the possibility that the solution may have been published well before June 2020 and that it was freely available to anyone who would seriously consider it. Perhaps the finder's superpowers are listening, reading, and objective analysis -- and actually getting out and retrieving the chest. Don't discount the possibility that the solver and the finder are different people.

All IMO, of course.

Comment

If we are honest with ourselves, the whole thing and the timing makes more sense if it was pulled off than someone finding it at that moment. We know that ff had previously considered calling it off back when the sheriff asked him to after the death of Paris Wallace. He decided against it but he did considered it we all know. Then the 3rd, the 4th, someone needing rescue at YS canyon and finally the 5th death this year. Then you have the crazies getting arrested for digging up holes, traspassing onto his property, or going after his granddaughter(s). On top of that, the annoying lawsuits but worst the pandemic mania. I think the pressure on him from the family reached an all time high since the last death and through the begining of the pandemic. There is a reason why Peggy wants nothing to do with the search community, and why nobody was allowed to the funeral services. They had it with the chase and it won't surprise me if his family blame his death to the long hours ff spent answering emails and calls which he did in part to shield his family from us.

Can you blame him at all if he pulled it? I have no problem with that decision, it was the best he could do under the circumstances. But, it would not be fair to the hundreds of thousands who searched or to the ones who died looking to just call it off out of the blue. So, it was better to find someone who he trusted, retrieve the chest and make the announcement that is was found. He really thought people will move on.

Why June 6th? Someone else mentioned it was the week when some of the national parks where re-opening after lockdown and already there were reports of some searchers breaking the rules to get in the parks weeks before that. With short or no personell around would've make it hard to rescue anybody who got in trouble. That kind of made sense, it was time to act in other words.

But no, we have to go with the official version that the chest was found by someone from the east who would like to remain anonimous, and no chance in hell to know where the spot was, or if the poem (once solved by an average individual with no specialized knowledge) can take one directly to that spot. That's what we have and 'it is what it is'. It is harder to take but plausible too.

Comment

If forrest pulled the chest it was because he found the candidate he was seeking. Check and mate !

Comment

kpro ......it is possible that Kendall & Amber did not contact Fenn regarding the find...... however, that's unlikely.

If Fenn went to retrieve Indulgence himself, he would have found it to be gone -so it is possible -but improbable. The announcement came just days after Colorado lifted its 'stay-at-home' order though -so possible.

This would answer the 'stick' question, but would contradict the recent photograph of him wearing the bracelet (which Amber had maintained possession of.) If that picture was real -Amber is most definitely involved. -This is the one picture that isn't massively edited too. ---That's because nothing else from the chest was presented in that picture--- Statistically speaking, the original contents of Indulgence 'No Longer Exists', just as I told you (via email) from the gecko.

Wouldn't it be neat if Fenn planned on bringing a 'new' Wild West Show back to life? That would definitely secure Fenns legacy in the history books. (It's a good idea regardless)

I told Fenn -as a finder- that I wanted those invested to stay involved, that I wanted him to be able to share his perspective and answer questions. It sounded like that was about to happen too.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Jordan View Post
                    kpro ......it is possible that Kendall & Amber did not contact Fenn regarding the find...... however, that's unlikely.

If Fenn went to retrieve Indulgence himself, he would have found it to be gone -so it is possible -but improbable. The announcement came just days after Colorado lifted its 'stay-at-home' order though -so possible.

This would answer the 'stick' question, but would contradict the recent photograph of him wearing the bracelet (which Amber had maintained possession of.) If that picture was real -Amber is most definitely involved. -This is the one picture that isn't massively edited too. ---That's because nothing else from the chest was presented in that picture--- Statistically speaking, the original contents of Indulgence 'No Longer Exists', just as I told you (via email) from the gecko.

Wouldn't it be neat if Fenn planned on bringing a 'new' Wild West Show back to life? That would definitely secure Fenns legacy in the history books. (It's a good idea regardless)

I told Fenn -as a finder- that I wanted those invested to stay involved, that I wanted him to be able to share his perspective and answer questions. It sounded like that was about to happen too.
                    Kendall and amber?

Comment

kpro yup

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post

-Was it unexpected or had he planned it that way?
                        Clearly unexpected by searchers, but highly likely orchestrated and planned by a bunch of jokers.

-How likely is this?
                        85% likely

What, are you suggesting that after going through all the solving necessary to unravel Forrest's gigantic ball o'string and reach the end of his rainbow that FF (and Co?) somehow saw it coming a mile away and stepped in and punk'd the LS at the finish line?!?

Bawhahahaha, that be an epic head fake to play on that rat bastard for ending our Chase!! Serves him right.

Dunno if true, but I sometimes wondered that. The world my never know...
                        Last edited by Redneck Express; 09-23-2020, 12:38 AM.

Comment

On base of your "What if..." I can imagine one or two or a bunch of or all of the following circumstances:

- Forrest had already hinted towards a deadline in a handful of SBs so he was ready to end the Chase.
                          - Forrest knew who the Lead Slug was.
                          - Forrest was realizing the end to draw nigh.
                          - Forrest disliked the fact that more and more searchers were going out in winter.
                          - Forrest disliked the fact that another pair of searchers had to be rescued at the Grand Canyon of the YS.
                          - Forrest was shocked by the newest casualty and the fact that this person and his partner had been rescued out of a similar situation weeks before the incident.
                          - Forrest was frustrated due to the lawsuits.
                          - Forrest watched the 7%ers getting louder this season.
                          - Forrest received an exact description of the final place (10x10") and did what he had offered to do years ago.
                          - Forrest was worried about his community running wild during the outbreak of Covid19 and wanted us to stay home!
                          - Forrest was tired.

What are the chances? Hmmmm... based on the photoshopped pictures I'd say slightly above 50%!

I believe the Chase has a higher meaning... art... philosophy... politics... Indulgence! That's why I'm still on here... there's a handful of users sharing my thirst for thinking and discussing this end. I love to read about all the hoopla and theoretical conspiracies as well. There's some thrill left! And I truly believe that we will hear about this end, maybe as soon as the lawsuits are kicked out...
                          „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                          G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Cowboyrocker If I were in Fenns shoes, I would have been tired too....

There is a deeper connection - to history specifically. It's just a matter of how Fenn wanted it to be presented. Hopefully those lawsuits end sooner than later!
                            Last edited by Josh Jordan; 09-23-2020, 01:48 AM.

Comment

The leaves will soon fall from the apricot tree.
                              If I could get my feet on the floor out there I would be a lot more content, maybe that's wwwh?

Comment

Working...
                              X