Did Forrest end the Chase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Forrest end the Chase?

I'm presently leaning towards Forrest having ended the Chase in light of COVID-19 running rampant, social upheaval in the streets, and perhaps also a worry that he'd pass away and leave his family stuck dealing with the Chase. What makes me think this even more strongly is his proven ability to lie in serious circumstances. He said he didn't uncover human remains at San Lazaro Pueblo yet, "In 1990, the state historic preservation division director found a human arm bone on top of a pile of artefacts at Fenn’s property. Fenn sued the state for trespassing – the case was later dismissed." (The Guardian, 9/16/2020). He said he didn't rob Indian graves in the 1960s in the caves of Arizona, but others associated with him at the time state he did (Newsweek, 8/20/12). He said he didn't send sexual/sketchy emails to female searchers, but multiple women say he did. So in short, I believe Forrest would lie to suit his particular needs, and so if he felt the need to end the Chase just before the summer search season began, then he did just that. It was his Chase to start, and his to end, so that's OK with me on some level. But if there was no "finder", then why didn't he just reveal the solve to really give us all closure? Perhaps he was worried that some searchers would nitpick everything he's said/written over the past 10 years and accuse him of misleading the search community, thereby intentionally hindering them from finding the chest(?). Or perhaps he knew some people would explode on him for ending it, no matter his pressing reasons?

And why was Forrest photographed sorting through the chest flea-market style in what appeared to be an attorney's office? I always imagined the Finder would hand/FedEx the bracelet to him, and then auction off the chest. Where is the chest and its contents now? Where will it pop up next? Did Fenn buy it back from the finder, if there was one?

This Chase has been over for more than 3 months, yet here I am, and here you are. There's just no closure with how this thing ended.

I think the evidence has been ever growing that he might have had the chest pulled. I wouldn't say that there's enough that I believe that's more likely than the official story, but at this point I believe it's plausible.

A lot rest on two unknown facts for me. First, where exactly is the chest now? And second, did Forrest know that his time was short, and if so when did he know?

Comment

There is a finder someone figured it out why can't people deal with that.
      There are reasons the location is not being told and some just don't get to know yet.
      Forrest Fenn was not pulling that chest out of the chase for no one no way.
      He spent a 1/3 of his life with the chase and making it he was all in.
      So people just need to solve the poem it is not that hard is it.
      After all there is only one state and the finder had to deal with four.
      Forrest Fenn did not lie to anyone the chest was in Wyoming and there was a finder.
      He is smart and see's things others can't because they close their minds.
      He went and got that chest as the rest of the people were looking at hot springs and forcing their solve.
      Because we all know WWWH is where warm water hits cold right.
      Why because that is what they were told what else could it be.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post
        There is a finder someone figured it out why can't people deal with that.
        There are reasons the location is not being told and some just don't get to know yet.
        Forrest Fenn was not pulling that chest out of the chase for no one no way.
        He spent a 1/3 of his life with the chase and making it he was all in.
        So people just need to solve the poem it is not that hard is it.
        After all there is only one state and the finder had to deal with four.
        Forrest Fenn did not lie to anyone the chest was in Wyoming and there was a finder.
        He is smart and see's things others can't because they close their minds.
        He went and got that chest as the rest of the people were looking at hot springs and forcing their solve.
        Because we all know WWWH is where warm water hits cold right.
        Why because that is what they were told what else could it be.
        if it were as simple as you suppose, I doubt the massive collective brainpower aimed at this chase would have let is slip 10 years.....Nothing is easy in interpreting a man who lived life on the edge and openly admits to telling the truth but not the whole truth......taking anything Forrest said at face value was silly...and he admitted so much when he talked about saying outrageous things in some stories just to see if anyone caught it.

Comment

Originally posted by NadiyaM View Post

if it were as simple as you suppose, I doubt the massive collective brainpower aimed at this chase would have let is slip 10 years.....Nothing is easy in interpreting a man who lived life on the edge and openly admits to telling the truth but not the whole truth......taking anything Forrest said at face value was silly...and he admitted so much when he talked about saying outrageous things in some stories just to see if anyone caught it.
          In the book TTOTC yes it was all a big game and he said so. But everything else he was telling the truth.
          Someday when you figure out where the chest was you will know that.
          What I have seen was not combined brainpower more like follow the leader

Comment

The stories were clues not to see if people would catch the odd things but for people to use them

Comment

In the book TTOTC yes it was all a big game and he said so. But everything else he was telling the truth.
              Someday when you figure out where the chest was you will know that.
              What I have seen was not combined brainpower more like follow the leader
              "Why do we arbitrarily believe things that we’ve been told? Just because someone said it doesn’t make it true." f
              When it all goes down, dont say
              YOU were not warned..))

Comment

"Why do we arbitrarily believe things that we’ve been told? Just because someone said it doesn’t make it true." f
                When it all goes down, dont say
                YOU were not warned..))
                Do not forget you were told by me that the chest was in Wyoming in Laramie near Jelm mt

Comment

WWWH is in some thread on this board if you want to know that also

Comment

Do not forget you were told by me that the chest was in Wyoming in Laramie near Jelm mt
                    to quote Annagram..

NOPE

Comment

to quote Annagram..

NOPE
                      You have fun looking some place else have a great day and good luck

Comment

Good thread XFiles.
                        The only evidence Forrest provided is that the treasure existed, which IMO should be enough to shut up the doubters. He did not provide a single shred of evidence that, an impartial 'Finder' (not someone from his family/acquaintances) retrieved the chest. I'm 50/50 on this, but at the same time I can see how difficult it is to provide proof without releasing the 'FINDER'S' identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
                          Knowledge
                          did you ever read the memoir “Ranch on the Laramie” that takes place in Jelm?
                          No but I will now thank you I think you sent me something about it before sorry I did not get back to you.It was my own loss it seems.

Jelm is only around because a big lie called The Cummin's City Caper
                          A man named Nye had a mine in the area he wrote a book called forty liars and lies
                          Calamity Jane also owned part of a mine there
                          There is a New Jelm and an Old Jelm
                          Woods landing was the start of Jelm it is the post office Jelm is still called Woods landing by a lot of people.
                          The dance floor has 24 boxcar springs under it and Jelm played a major part in building the union pacific
                          It is said the the head of the railroad went to the top of Jelm mt and watched the workers build the railroad from afar also.

Comment

The photo of the gold after being retrieved: That wasn't Forrest trying to see what was in the chest. He remembered every piece he put in it.

That was an inventory for value assessment...

I also believe he hid it on June 6, 2010... And pulled it 10 years later to announce the discovery on June 6, 2020...

Comment

Well, he definitely reserved the right to end it at any time. I think one death and two rescues prior to season starting might have compounded with covid to just reach an ultimate point where he said "Heck with it." I can also imagine that it was stressful for his family and that the private conversations weren't "We love your crazy treasure hunt." I think they were probably a bit sadder and more frustrating than that.

I like the idea of someone finally having solved this thing, but there's way too much gut feeling that says something isn't as it appears. Of all the things that about drive me batty regarding the conclusion of the chase, the revelation that Forrest was looking at photographs from the Finale to see if the finder was there drives me up a dang wall. He should not have said that, even if it's true. Because it raises too many questions. First among them: Forrest, if you and the finder are in communication, as you've stated on several occasions, then why would you be looking at photos at all? Just call the finder and ask him if he's going to West Yellowstone.

Then there's the chest laying on the ground image. A bunch of contents have been removed and the key moved and a stick inserted. According to his own statements, the silver bracelet should have been on the top, but it is not there. There's a huge void where some item(s) must have sat as well.

It's super strange that we couldn't just know what it meant once it was all over. I watched a bunch of people, me included, twist ourselves into pretzels to justify why the finder wouldn't let Forrest tell us the answers. For a while, I thought some (movie, documentary) were pretty good reasons to hold it back a bit. But then I realized that if that was the plan, Forrest or the finder through Forrest, could just have told us he was working on something and we'd all get answers in the future. That would literally have killed the forums and we'd all be waiting patiently and then come back on the forums once it was announced on Netflix or whatever. We'd have watch parties and live chats and a lot of fun. But it doesn't seem like that is going to happen.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that a new forum name will be created in the near future. That "new" person will share never before seen images of the chest and give us wwwh to hoB and go silent. I'm prepared for that to happen in the near future. Perhaps a month or two. Forrest knew what he was doing and that it would take time to wind this all down. By the time the new images are released, there'll be just a few of us left to go "Oh, I see." And all of this taking place after he passes was probably part of the plan. At 79 or 80, more of your planning goes into after you pass than while you're alive. It's literally what is planned for in that age group. The post-death stuff is very important and people focus on managing that as well as possible. They want to know everything is lined up and there is no question regarding X, Y, or Z. I can definitely see Forrest including the treasure in his after-passing plans. Otherwise, he could have left out that "title to the gold" stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X