Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He buried treasure in the mountains, and someone found it. Or did they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Copper View Post

For me Goldie he asked for a photo but never a crude photo. I just thought he liked to put faces to names. That can get dangerous I suppose if it’s misinterpreted. A snapshot of my son and I hunting was harmless. His response was “you have a nice family.” So it’s harmless in my opinion....but it can still be risky to ask in the first place. If that makes any sense. And he was very perspective because I do have a really nice family.
    I still find that icky. People send him photos all the time. Why single people out? Why not put out a post on Dal's requesting searcher photos or something? I don't know what to say.

Comment

For me Goldie he asked for a photo but never a crude photo. I just thought he liked to put faces to names. That can get dangerous I suppose if it’s misinterpreted. A snapshot of my son and I hunting was harmless. His response was “you have a nice family.” So it’s harmless in my opinion....but it can still be risky to ask in the first place. If that makes any sense. And he was very perspective because I do have a really nice family.
      That makes sense. People jump to conclusions. You should probably have said that it wasn't a crude photo from the start. When allegations of requests for nude photos are all over the forums today, I guess its assumed that it was "one of those." I'm sure you have a really nice family, I've never seen anything mean from you before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mind Flayer View Post
        SENSE-itive? Guilty as charged. But common decency and respect do not equate to worship. I never saw you make your claims while he was alive. So why not cowardly pile on when he’s gone. You literally disparaged him and said you enjoyed him all in one breath. You don’t find that odd?
        I 100% stand up for Copper. She has been stand up person here for many years. Sometimes people just don't want to elaborate on the not so good side of things. I've heard many stories like this over the 9.5 years.
        What you deny or ignore, you DELAY. What you accept and face, you CONQUER.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post

I 100% stand up for Copper. She has been stand up person here for many years. Sometimes people just don't want to elaborate on the not so good side of things. I've heard many stories like this over the 9.5 years.
          There are tons of them. I think he got a kick out of some of the things he started. It was part of his personality. It’s why people are drawn to him....he has a very unique way of coloring outside of the lines. I’m not disparaging him, I’m just telling the truth. There is a word for folks like him that is escaping me....but I’ll think of it.

Comment

... There is a word for folks like him that is escaping me....but I’ll think of it.
            I'd say true Maverick pretty much generally covers all aspects of the late, great Mr. Forrest Fenn. He definitely wasn't a "down the middle of the road" kinda guy, or there would be No Chase and we'd never woulda ever heard of him. He was the complete Opposite of that, a real maverick.

Thank you Mr. Forrest Fenn for sharing your life adventures with us through the Chase and daring us to live boldly and seek our own adventures as well. The Chase has been one of the Best chapters of my life and I am grateful to have been a part of it. Bravo sir!!

Comment

Interpretation of the writer is shaped solely by the mindset of the reader.

Comment

In all fairness, I thought that I should recount my experience:

I had the opportunity to meet with Forrest at Collected Works Bookstore in July of 2018. I had started emailing him in Nov of 2017, and in June of 2018 I sent him an email in which I told him a few things about myself. He emailed me back saying that he would like to meet me. At our meeting I told him that I was searching along the Chama River in NM, and he told me twice that I should drive back home by way of Los Alamos. My search partner took that to be a hint that the treasure was near Los Alamos.

After the visit I continued to email him. He only responded to a few of my emails, once to tell me I was overcooking the treasure story, and another time to tell me to be careful after I told him I was going searching alone. He never asked for photos of me or made any inappropriate comments.

I don’t know if it matters, but I should probably note that I’m not young and good-looking, I don’t flirt, and my male search partner was with me at the Collected Works meeting.

Comment

Short answer..
                  https://youtu.be/AjE5aGKFhQ4
                  https://youtu.be/k363NPMuw_w
                  https://youtu.be/o5-yjO26ih0

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post
                    Interpretation of the writer is shaped solely by the mindset of the reader.
                    That’s a good point. He was very kind to me and gave me advice over the years that I value. He never asked to meet me....so I suppose everyone’s story is a little
                    different. I’m looking forward to when we have more answers because I get the feeling many things were misinterpreted.

Comment

maybe the chest was his heart and that is what someone found?

Comment

I know the treasure was real and I know Forrest Fenn was a man
                        He had the same failings as ever other man that has walked this earth.
                        He also did more then most for others and gave many something they needed at the time it was needed most.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
                          In all fairness, I thought that I should recount my experience:

I had the opportunity to meet with Forrest at Collected Works Bookstore in July of 2018. I had started emailing him in Nov of 2017, and in June of 2018 I sent him an email in which I told him a few things about myself. He emailed me back saying that he would like to meet me. At our meeting I told him that I was searching along the Chama River in NM, and he told me twice that I should drive back home by way of Los Alamos. My search partner took that to be a hint that the treasure was near Los Alamos.

After the visit I continued to email him. He only responded to a few of my emails, once to tell me I was overcooking the treasure story, and another time to tell me to be careful after I told him I was going searching alone. He never asked for photos of me or made any inappropriate comments.

I don’t know if it matters, but I should probably note that I’m not young and good-looking, I don’t flirt, and my male search partner was with me at the Collected Works meeting.
                          Could you send me some pictures?
                          1f
                          Last edited by Sherif Billy; 09-16-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

Could you send me some pictures?
                            1f
                            Haha! How about some of my rodeo pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

Haha! How about some of my rodeo pictures?
                              Let me guess..... There's a quarter horse involved in here somewhere. Right?
                              Have you ever seen those wild horses up close in Southern Colorado/ Northern New Mexico? They are in amazingly good shape and quite handsome. I was totally taken back by them. They are nothing like the "old rodeo stock" the BLM is giving away.
                              1f

Comment

He never asked ME for a photo - guessin I was just too green.....

Comment

Working...
                                X