Fenn didn't respond to me but I feel like I lost a great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenn didn't respond to me but I feel like I lost a great

Why do some people have numerous answers and stuff from Forrest Fenn? Not me. Alone in my loneliness after he has died. Are we sure I can't come to the funeral? I do cry like a fountain at those things. Mostly this week has been a terrible second every second. I do believed he has died because I got that same old fear/cold/ack when I think he left this world. HAHA you are wondering why I would be so grandiose. I'm just saying that I had that same feeling when others have died. Like hurry up and clean. It happened once with my father and once with my mother. I was attending the death of grandpa who told me to let him go and I couldn't face grandma dying but I knew she dead.
    Last edited by Oldwhipped; 09-15-2020, 06:12 PM.
    "To be wrong for someone you have to be right for someone else."

Don't worry your not the only one he didn't have anything to say to besides "good luck in the chase". It's harder to bury some people than others.

Comment

I always wondered why some people sent flowers to peoples funerals especially when it was for an old hard gruff that hated flowers....I soon realized how the wife left behind would sit and ask who sent each flower arrangement....ie the funeral and flowers were of course for those left behind.....
      Those left behind, Forrest's family, probably dont hate each one of us individually but as a whole dont want to see or hear from us again......that would be my guess based on their reactions in the past. We are left to grieve and console each other on all of our loses....
      I have basically been supportive of Kpro but I thing her best work has been post find. She has been a leader, with direction from Forrest, on helping and allowing people to work thru their grief.
      Whether we realize it or not, I think that is what we are here for now. To work out of thoughts and share our experiences in the Chase. Of course, some partly want to learn more about others solve and understand the poem......and others still hold out a dimming hope that somehow they were right and some sort of reward will come. But really folks....have you noticed that the few of us left....we try to be kinder to each other.....try not to spew so much hate as before because we are to vulnerable to have it thrown back?

Comment

Originally posted by NadiyaM View Post
        I always wondered why some people sent flowers to peoples funerals especially when it was for an old hard gruff that hated flowers....I soon realized how the wife left behind would sit and ask who sent each flower arrangement....ie the funeral and flowers were of course for those left behind.....
        Those left behind, Forrest's family, probably dont hate each one of us individually but as a whole dont want to see or hear from us again......that would be my guess based on their reactions in the past. We are left to grieve and console each other on all of our loses....
        I have basically been supportive of Kpro but I thing her best work has been post find. She has been a leader, with direction from Forrest, on helping and allowing people to work thru their grief.
        Whether we realize it or not, I think that is what we are here for now. To work out of thoughts and share our experiences in the Chase. Of course, some partly want to learn more about others solve and understand the poem......and others still hold out a dimming hope that somehow they were right and some sort of reward will come. But really folks....have you noticed that the few of us left....we try to be kinder to each other.....try not to spew so much hate as before because we are to vulnerable to have it thrown back?
        Nice post. I do agree that it has been more cordial around here. I'll have to take your word for Kpro doing her best work. I like her and liked to watch some of her videos, but I haven't watched her since the big announcement, one week ago today.

Comment

big announcement? as usual I am completely lost. I had a channel and I was very clear on what was going on and when things would be youtubed. I cannot understand what is going on with KPro is that the hint of riches channel?

Comment

we even won a national contest due to Twitter submittals! I have to say it should not be a secret when you are going to post

Comment

I'm sticking around because I thoroughly enjoyed the game. It made me mad as hell sometimes, in a good way, because it allowed me to reflect on my shortcomings. I knew I'd never figure it out 100% the way Forrest intended, but the challenge gave me something to work towards. I learned so much in the few years grinding away at the puzzle and hearing other searchers' successes and failures. It was a beautiful experience. I'm still here because I enjoy reading your theories, ideas, dreams, goals, experiences etc. I'll continue reading until the last post trickles in because I believe we all can gain something from each other. My intentions were never about the treasure, and my plan from the start was to leave a large portion of it at the spot. Maybe move it to a different area and create my own puzzle. Or scatter it around the country so many people could look. I always wanted to give my portion back in one way or another. Build a museum, a science center, a summer camp.. something. Of course there needed to be some monetary assistance to get that started, but I never envisioned a new yacht or mansion as part of the deal unless it involved a museum on the main floor. As I learned more about who Forrest was, and what his life was about, I admired his ability to bring his passion to life with such incredible grace and precision. Although I wasn't able to get the opportunity to shake his hand, I'll forever be indebted to him for giving me a challenge that helped me to grow in so many ways. Thank you all for sharing your ideas and thoughts over the years, I'm sorry for not giving more openly. Maybe once the air is clear again and I get some closure on my area, I'll share. Godspeed, friends!
              "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Comment

I’ve thought off and on about sending condolences or some token of my respect, but I feel that would be intrusive. Maybe one day I’ll feel able to do so, but for now they should be able to mourn him as they knew him: as husband, father, grandfather, and not as the ring leader of our band of misfits.
                “We’re gonna teach ‘em how to say goodbye.” — George Washington, Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by Oldwhipped View Post
                  Why do some people have numerous answers and stuff from Forrest Fenn? Not me. Alone in my loneliness after he has died. Are we sure I can't come to the funeral? I do cry like a fountain at those things. Mostly this week has been a terrible second every second. I do believed he has died because I got that same old fear/cold/ack when I think he left this world. HAHA you are wondering why I would be so grandiose. I'm just saying that I had that same feeling when others have died. Like hurry up and clean. It happened once with my father and once with my mother. I was attending the death of grandpa who told me to let him go and I couldn't face grandma dying but I knew she dead.
                  Forrest hadn't yet responded to any of my emails until July 22, 2020 and I sent him about a half dozen, with the first one sent in late 2016.

Then on the day (July 22, 2020) that he announced the state where his treasure chest was found he finally emailed me back and below are all the emails:

Something to be aware of, it may just be nothing but the guy seems off
                  Inbox
                  x

Frederic Johnson <[email protected]>
                  Jul 22, 2020, 2:13 AM
                  to Forrest

Hi Forrest,

I just wanted to bring this to your attention, in case you're not already aware of it, but some guy put up a disturbing or just a strange video using some kind of sword, and the title of his video is, A message to Forrest Fenn.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI2bl0EAfWQ

I reported it to YouTube and maybe you should let the police know about it.

Like a lot of other searchers, I am waiting to hear anything that you may have to say about the finder, maybe this August 4, or before or on your birthday. The Primary election for governor of Washington is this also August 4, which you may already know. And that I don't like him.

Your description of where Your TC was found sounds a lot like my area. I was also born east of Santa Fe, NM. I hope everything is and will be fine with you. Take Care.

Frederic

Attachments area
                  Preview YouTube video Searchers - If this was a “Threating” video, it would be blocked. Why did f send you here? Who am I?

[email protected]
                  Jul 22, 2020, 12:30 PM
                  to me

Thanks Fred. I had not seen it and after listening to it several times I still can’t make out what he said. Did he threaten my life? I saw the big sword. Thanks for keeping me informed. f

Frederic Johnson <[email protected]>
                  Jul 22, 2020, 9:14 PM
                  to Forrest

Hey, Forrest,

I was very surprised to see an email with your name and I had to look twice to make sure what I was seeing. I can't make out what he said either and I used the close captions to see the text but no, he didn't say anything to threaten you in the video. I watched his other videos and there weren't any threats towards you either.

Forrest, am I the one who came closest to finding your TC? I don't think that you will answer me but I might as well try.

Best Regards,

Frederic

[email protected]
                  Jul 22, 2020, 9:18 PM
                  to me

Fred,

Check dal’s blog for a comment I just posted. That should answer your question. Thanks for the info. f

Comment

Originally posted by NadiyaM View Post
                    I always wondered why some people sent flowers to peoples funerals
                    Yes, lets send trees instead. he would like that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dutchman_95_Tree_Spade_on_Loader.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	197461

Comment

Working...
                    X