Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Yellowstone bar meetup photos of the finder....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Yellowstone bar meetup photos of the finder....

...sadly it appears the shy man didn't become the why man and maybe missed an opportunity to wrest control of the reveal...

Fenn apparently was very involved emailing his faves back and forth late into that night. One of those faves emailed Fenn and posted on this forum that she thought she had met the finder. Fenn immediately shut this person down saying she was absolutely wrong because he knew exactly who was there. How did Fenn make sure who was there? Apparently Fenn instructed the organizer of the event to have a photographer indvidually document everybody that was there and immediately send those photos to Fenn so he could know exactly who was there and, perhaps more importantly, who wasn't.

A few things...

1. Fenn thought he had met the finder for sure and knows what he looks like....I'm sure somebody on the Fenn team documented the meeting with a photo
    2. Fenn doesn't trust the finder fully...there was a seed of doubt that the finder would try some shenanigans (reveal) at the event.
    3. Fenn wanted to control the ending but understood that this Yellowstone finale was dangerous to his plan because if the finder did a reveal in front of 75+ of the most avid searchers and successfully defended his dissertation solve the finder would gain the upper hand in the credibility race. Possibly enough to fully monetize the solve on he finder's terms rather than through Fenn and his S Corps.

A question for those attending....... Did anyone, other than the person who posted that she thought she met the finder, have the same suspicions that the finder was in attendance and why?

The individual who thought she had met the finder said there were just a couple of things she put together that gave her that feeling in her gut. Sadly, specifics were not given, only teased. Did any other attendees share that gut feeling and why?

I can just imagine the scene with the finder reaching into his pocket and tossing a golden frog into the crowd saying, "Can you hear me now? Everyone take a seat and get comfortable, this will take a while to explain."

Nope. Didn't meet anybody there that I thought or who claimed to be the finder. But I only was able to attend the Saturday event, so who knows? Not I.

Comment

Well, there was this one guy.

Comment

Easier to say the finder is not there if there is not a finder?.... Perhaps Forrest has suddenly decided to congratulate the finder if he showed?
        WHY DOES EVERYONE SEEM TO WANT TO CALL FORREST ........by his last name FENN all of a sudden?? He preferred Forrest.

Comment

Interesting if you match it up with the theory that there was no finder. That would mean he had them document everyone knowing that no one could be the finder, but making people even more sure that there was one out there somewhere. Not impossible for Mr "I thought of everything", but funny if you think about it.

I feel like this shows that either he knows how to contact the finder, but doesn't...or that him and the finder just aren't on good terms. Another way to look at it is that maybe Forrest was itching to tell the solve and wanted to know if the finder was there and spilled the beans so he could open the floodgates too.

Comment

Negative. If a Finder was real, and a member of y'alls community... He was there...

If he wasn't too shy to drive to New Mexico with half a million in a vehicle and sit around with Forrest... He wasn't too shy to show up to a meeting to see the people he bested... Albeit even if from a distance.

Conversely, Fenn may have been trying to see who was NOT there...

Edit: Could also explain the meeting setting between Forrest and the finder looking like a conference room. He may not have been comfortable having the guy at his home...
            Last edited by TheYokel; 09-15-2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
              Interesting if you match it up with the theory that there was no finder. That would mean he had them document everyone knowing that no one could be the finder, but making people even more sure that there was one out there somewhere. Not impossible for Mr "I thought of everything", but funny if you think about it.

I feel like this shows that either he knows how to contact the finder, but doesn't...or that him and the finder just aren't on good terms. Another way to look at it is that maybe Forrest was itching to tell the solve and wanted to know if the finder was there and spilled the beans so he could open the floodgates too.
              OR...lets go ahead and open the whole can of worms and say as others have said....the is a solver/finder but they dont know it......they think the chest has been retrieved and they only sent Forrest the final version of the solve.
              CAN you imagine...the absolute CHAOS that would have ensued if Forrest had "cataloged" each of the 80 or so people there and then announced....The finder is at the party...
              Forrest loved to stir the pot and BOY would that have done it!!

Comment

come to think of it...it really makes no sense, if Forrest had wanted the finder to be there for him not to have come....I just dont believe someone would do that. think about that for a minute.....hmm I wish I had gone now...but I would have been divorced by the time I got back home.

Comment

Originally posted by NadiyaM View Post

OR...lets go ahead and open the whole can of worms and say as others have said....the is a solver/finder but they dont know it......they think the chest has been retrieved and they only sent Forrest the final version of the solve.
                  CAN you imagine...the absolute CHAOS that would have ensued if Forrest had "cataloged" each of the 80 or so people there and then announced....The finder is at the party...
                  Forrest loved to stir the pot and BOY would that have done it!!
                  And now in that version he is contradicting everything in his depositions about meeting the finder and all that. Not impossible, since we already know he's lied a few times, but that would be a pretty bold lie to risk while he was still alive IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by NadiyaM View Post
                    come to think of it...it really makes no sense, if Forrest had wanted the finder to be there for him not to have come....I just dont believe someone would do that. think about that for a minute.....hmm I wish I had gone now...but I would have been divorced by the time I got back home.
                    If FORREST (happy now?) had wanted the finder there, he would have told him to so. IMO.

Comment

You mean a man who was rumored to be an intelligence asset engaged in a disinformation campaign? Oh, I'm shocked.

Damn good post Omni.

Comment

And now in that version he is contradicting everything in his depositions about meeting the finder and all that. Not impossible, since we already know he's lied a few times, but that would be a pretty bold lie to risk while he was still alive IMO.
                        "Meeting the finder" and meeting them *after* they found the chest, are two completely different statements that both say the same thing... Word-game-wise...

Did Forrest ever say he met the Finder *after* retrieving the chest?

Comment

Maybe the finder couldn't find his way to the event.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYokel View Post

"Meeting the finder" and meeting them *after* they found the chest, are two completely different statements that both say the same thing... Word-game-wise...

Did Forrest ever say he met the Finder *after* retrieving the chest?
                            Yes, I believe the declaration says they brought him the chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Steamer View Post
                              Well, there was this one guy.
                              Yeah yeah- the one guy that was real quiet and didn't say a word the entire time. He's got a big "thing" on his neck, small hands, and smelled like cauliflower. I think I know who you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X