Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is too much? How far did you reach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is too much? How far did you reach?

Click image for larger version  Name:	ttotc boys shooting marbles.jpg Views:	1 Size:	167.0 KB ID:	196833We were told to use our imagination....but how far did you take it? I post a simple picture recently discussed from the
    chapter My Spanish Toy factory....
    what hint/clue or thoughts did you get from this pic??
    Last edited by NadiyaM; 09-14-2020, 11:51 AM.

Originally posted by NadiyaM View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	ttotc boys shooting marbles.jpg Views:	1 Size:	167.0 KB ID:	196833We were told to use our imagination....but how far did you take it? I post a simple picture recently discussed from the
    The negative space in the standing child looks like Idaho, and they are pointing to where Wyoming would be?...

I always thought that was a fun way to see it...

This is what I think the P.I.E. was pointing to... Literally...

I tried explaining before that "Pie" meants steps, or a system. It stands for:

P - oint
    I - llustrate
    E - xplain

It's a simple system writers use... The pie clue was telling you that another Illustration was going to Point to an Explanation...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheYokel; 09-14-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYokel View Post

The negative space in the standing child looks like Idaho, and they are pointing to where Wyoming would be?...

I always thought that was a fun way to see it...

This is what I think the P.I.E. was pointing to... Literally...

I tried explaining before that "Pie" meants steps, or a system. It stands for:

P - oint
      I - llustrate
      E - xplain

It's a simple system writers use... The pie clue was telling you that another Illustration was going to Point to an Explanation...
      That is a very good catch very impressive

Comment

I don't have the book, but from what I've gathered, Forrest made marbles from rocks he found on the banks of the Madison? And the loop to me is hinting at Grand Loop Rd near Madison Campground.

Comment

Nothing stands out for me.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	ttotc boys shooting marbles.jpg Views:	1 Size:	167.0 KB ID:	196833We were told to use our imagination....but how far did you take it? I post a simple picture recently discussed from the
            I once found a lake with a small island in the middle, it had 3 rocks in just that shape. I swam out to them and looked around. It wasn't there, and I'm glad it wasn't cuz a 40 pound chest would have sunk to the bottom as I swam back to shore, lol. Then the chest would have been under water for reals.

Comment

Notice that the three boys are aligned in the three cardinal direction of East, West and North. The 4th boy is pointing along the 4 o'clock line. 4 o'clock if taken from west to east (as the west boy is pointing) direction is the same as 1 o'clock. If you look at the poem's line '... and now I'm weak....' doesn't it tell you that Forrest wants you to go in 1 am (I'm) west to east (weak) direction? This is the same as going 120deg true.
              Last edited by MobyDic12345; 09-14-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

He was the best at what he did and his reward was handsomely paid with smiles

Comment

To an ant a pond is like an ocean. I see huge boulder marbles.

Comment

Has anyone considered that the marbles represent 3 hills/mountains inside Grand Loop Rd? After looking at this again, they may be pointing to the Nez Perce Creek area below Mary Mountain?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt

What does it mean to you?
                      mine is a bit more complex....WARNING: I do not have my TTOTC....so I am paraphrasing off a 2 year ago memory...
                      Forrest is the self proclaimed marble champion. He would sit in Ms Ford's class and grind marbles from agate rock and sell them. In the chapter "In love with Yellowstone?" he said he loved Yellowstone because he found the best agates there. The agates marbles represent Yellowstone... Forrest has three marbles (agate) in front on him. Three agate rocks in front of him...Three stones in front of him. A stone is a unit of weight (14lbs)....3 stone is 42 lbs...the weight of the treasure chest and gold combined 42lbs....So the treasure chest (Yellowstone) is in front of him.....The other boy "shooter" is pointing at the treasure.
                      There are two people standing up....standing up is significant because they are looking down on him....ie They have died and gone before him....the one on the left has his cap turned around....ie Skippy...He is pointing at the treasure...The standing person on the right is looking down at the treasure but not pointing....He is wearing "That" fishing hat...this is William Fenn....Forrest's father.....If you notice, he is not pointing at the treasure. That is because he already knows where Forrest's special place in Yellowstone is that he would hide it.

So you have the treasure in Yellowstone at a place known to Forrest's father...maybe? William Fenn even went there with his son...(conjecture) or maybe was just told about it.
                      That is what I see.
                      I have never shared this in public till now...Go ahead and tell me Im nuts...I am used to it...but a couple
                      of you are not so sure I am nuts ...maybe?
                      Last edited by NadiyaM; 09-14-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

The Spanish toy story gives you the blaze grinding
                        rocks it is a Spanish word it is a metate look up synonyms for grinding or grinder
                        synonyms and surnames takes you all the way to the spot
                        look up the meaning of Patton ,Fenn , Burns ,Ford they are all clues Diane Sawyer references gives you wwwh Look up sawyer
                        remember the picture of the tree stumps

Comment

mine is a bit more complex....WARNING: I do not have my TTOTC....so I am paraphrasing off a 2 year ago memory...
                          Forrest is the self proclaimed marble champion. He would sit in Ms Ford's class and grind marbles from agate rock and sell them. In the chapter "In love with Yellowstone?" he said he loved Yellowstone because he found the best agates there. The agates marbles represent Yellowstone... Forrest has three marbles (agate) in front on him. Three agate rocks in front of him...Three stones in front of him. A stone is a unit of weight (14lbs)....3 stone is 42 lbs...the weight of the treasure chest and gold combined 42lbs....So the treasure chest (Yellowstone) is in front of him.....The other boy "shooter" is pointing at the treasure.
                          There are two people standing up....standing up is significant because they are looking down on him....ie They have died and gone before him....the one on the left has his cap turned around....ie Skippy...He is pointing at the treasure...The standing person on the right is looking down at the treasure but not pointing....He is wearing "That" fishing hat...this is William Fenn....Forrest's father.....If you notice, he is not pointing at the treasure. That is because he already knows where Forrest's special place in Yellowstone is that he would hide it.

So you have the treasure in Yellowstone at a place known to Forrest's father...maybe? William Fenn even went there with his son...(conjecture) or maybe was just told about it.
                          That is what I see.
                          I have never shared this in public till now...Go ahead and tell me Im nuts...I am used to it...but a couple
                          I like it. Any idea what those 2 would have known about but not Skippy? A secret fishing hole? When I first started looking into this stuff, I figured it was his favorite fishing hole. Maybe the location they hid the fishing gear? Idk if that changed different years and/or if Skippy knew the spot(s). Im curious what you think makes the spot special...

Comment

That is what I see.
                            IMHO, Correct! Now, where are those marbles?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt

So the person on the right who isn’t yet looking at the marbles in the “searcher”.
                              the shooting marbles story (and others) have always brought me back to one person. Shooting marbles involves the stones he carves and a rope. What do these have in common? They both can be “skipped”. What was he doing when he got that brown stain sliding down the fire escape? He was “skipping” class. Skipping is also a type of dance (Dancing With The Millennium) and a Saute’ is to brown a meal you’re cooking and also a dance. This clue is in a large part about his brother “Skippy”.
                              Well now - let's not forget SKIP TO MY LOO.....

Comment

Working...
                              X