Metaphorically Speaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metaphorically Speaking

the word “Imagination“ is made up of three parts.
    The first part, the word “I “ - is the one, the individual
    the second part, the word “magi” meaning to create, is from PIE root *magh- "to be able, have power."
    and the third part, “nation” means birth
    So in essence, the magician or “I Magi Nation” is simply the act of bringing into existence an idea that has not yet physically manifested.

So even though there was a physical treasure chest hidden somewhere in the Rocky Mountains of Wyo.
    https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=*wyo
    It’s physical presence may not have always been the topic for ALL of Forrest Fenn’s mysterious writings. Through the use of metaphor and double speak, it is highly likely that what is currently known by public opinion is not the WHOLE truth.

imagination is absolutely required to connect to this understanding- as is the important characteristic of the three wise men is that “they come from the east”, therefore they should be associated with: a new source of light” (i.e. “a new source of understanding”).

the truth is not always as it seems. Perception does not always equal reality but those of us with true imagination, those of us who have truly appreciated what was taught by Forrest Fenn know exactly what Forrest meant by “the man from back East”

Originally posted by SangreDeCristo View Post

the truth is not always as it seems. Perception does not always equal reality but those of us with true imagination, those of us who have truly appreciated what was taught by Forrest Fenn know exactly what Forrest meant by “the man from back East”
    Please help those of us out who lack imagination. What exactly do you think he meant by that?

Comment

Someone told me once upon a thyme..... "the Magi taught me well."

Comment

the second part, the word “magi” meaning to create, is from PIE root *magh- "to be able, have power."
        So in essence, the magician or “I Magi Nation” is simply the act of bringing into existence an idea that has not yet physically manifested.

So even though there was a physical treasure chest hidden somewhere in the Rocky Mountains of Wyo.
        It’s physical presence may not have always been the topic for ALL of Forrest Fenn’s mysterious writings. Through the use of metaphor and double speak, it is highly likely that what is currently known by public opinion is not the WHOLE truth.

imagination is absolutely required to connect to this understanding- as is the important characteristic of the three wise men is that “they come from the east”, therefore they should be associated with: a new source of light” (i.e. “a new source of understanding”).

If you have been wise and found the blaze you hit all that spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
          Someone told me once upon a thyme..... "the Magi taught me well."
          If you open your eyes and let it.

Comment

Where I'm from could be stated as a direction from wherever a person lives at the time. I was born in El Paso so if you are from Denver describing where I'm from you could say that I'm from down south, if you were in San Diego you would say back east.

Comment

Land of Nod, Therefore, to dwell in the land of Nod can mean to live a wandering life. Always seeking? Hence, East of Eden.

Chasing - always exploring
              Nod - The approval, the Nod
              Last edited by Brothers in Arms; 09-12-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I keep getting Maine Lobster ads here. What a conundrum. Tastes good (Well Newport Bay lobster is fantastic) but the live lobster tanks elsewhere like in the midwest where they kill them fresh, those tanks let you look at them and into the eyes. Food versus life. I suppose giving thanks can alleviate the guilt. If anyone ever feels guilt. What is guilt? A feeling or a situation.
                Last edited by Oldwhipped; 09-12-2020, 01:10 PM.
                "To be wrong for someone you have to be right for someone else."

Comment

Originally posted by Oldwhipped View Post
                  I keep getting Maine Lobster ads here. What a conundrum. Tastes good (Well Newport Bay lobster is fantastic) but the live lobster tanks elsewhere like in the midwest where they kill them fresh, those tanks let you look at them and into the eyes. Food versus life. I suppose giving thanks can alleviate the guilt. If anyone ever feels guilt. What is guilt? A feeling or a situation.
                  It’s both. Good question.
                  guilt can be a control mechanism imposed by (name your favorite oppressor) to exact obedience
                  guilt can be a judicial state in which a convict is placed
                  guilt may be confused with or accompanied by a fear of being caught
                  is feeling guilty the same as feeling remorse?

Comment

Originally posted by Brothers in Arms View Post
                    Land of Nod, Therefore, to dwell in the land of Nod can mean to live a wandering life. Always seeking? Hence, East of Eden.

Chasing - always exploring
                    Nod - The approval, the Nod
                    Yes, exactly! It’s all metaphorical, He left us in perpetual Chase mode. Always seeking truth. But that’s what this has always been about, that’s the point. It’s The Thrill of The Chase that has been illuminated.

6/6 = D-day; the day before June 6, 1944, was known as D-1 and the days after were D+1, D+2, D+ and so on.

D-day is redundant as the D stands for “Day” = the day on which an important operation is to begin or a change to take effect

Does not mean end. This is just the beginning

“To begin” expect more information and photos in the coming days

was he not hinting to this deadline right before the chest was “found” when he mentioned “overcooking” his poem?

Comment

metaphorically thinking
                      In the 1960s, Reies Lopez Tijerina organized northern New Mexico villagers as descendants of original land grantees in a series of protests and demonstrations to recover their rights to the land.
                      If I could get my feet on the floor out there I would be a lot more content, maybe that's wwwh?

Comment

Originally posted by Mind Flayer View Post
                        It’s both. Good question.
                        guilt can be a control mechanism imposed by (name your favorite oppressor) to exact obedience
                        guilt can be a judicial state in which a convict is placed
                        guilt may be confused with or accompanied by a fear of being caught
                        is feeling guilty the same as feeling remorse?

oh no. Are you Victor Frankel? or Rollo? Guilt to me means that I'm doing something or did something that wasn't up to my standards. Like eating something with eyes and sits in a tank. but to tell you the truth I am a meat person not so much fish. Mostly because I've eaten what I have caught fishing and never met a cow or pig that was killed. I DO like Charlotte's web and read that to my kids. And pigs really do have a purpose, maybe the most noble of all. Eh. Me eating I guess.

Comment

oh no. Are you Victor Frankel? or Rollo? Guilt to me means that I'm doing something or did something that wasn't up to my standards. Like eating something with eyes and sits in a tank. but to tell you the truth I am a meat person not so much fish. Mostly because I've eaten what I have caught fishing and never met a cow or pig that was killed. I DO like Charlotte's web and read that to my kids. And pigs really do have a purpose, maybe the most noble of all. Eh. Me eating I guess.
                          Ok, I can see Victor Frankl, but Rollo? I do like to fantasize that I'm a great Viking warrior sometimes, but that's only on the weekends. Please do explain your thought process on how you came to compare little me to Rollo. You sure know your history

Comment

Rollo May not Rollo Davis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollo_May

Comment

Rollo May not Rollo Davis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollo_May
                              Ha! Existentially speaking, I'd rather be Rollo.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollo

Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
                              X