The Autobiography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Autobiography

In my opinion this now moves to center stage. In Ramblings and Rumblings Forrest said:
    "When I left the lake the last time, I hid a bottle of Coke under a rock. My plan was to drink it the next time I was there. Now I suppose some other Lewis & Clark will find it someday. It has had time to cool."
    Since the jar that we think held the autobiography did not appear in the finder's chest photo (although a different jar with opaque surface did) it's possible that the important find was hidden much like the Coke bottle, awaiting a "Lewis & Clark." I have my own opinion as to where that might be, but it does of course depend on confirmation that the autobiography has not yet been discovered.

I spent a little time thinking about Josh Jordan's story and it's possible it has legs. Unfortunately, Josh drip-fed us rather than making a clean breast of the whole story, but there are some interesting aspects to it. For those who believe like I do that the real Forrest Fenn ran very deep and spent many years developing his abilities and powers, it is not so hard to accept that the Leadville episode was all part of the plan. Forrest is found in need of rescue and aid is delivered. The spot thereby becomes intriguing and three people travel there again only to stumble upon the chest. The chest then disappears for years only to resurface at the conclusion of ten years of the Chase and just before Forrest passes. I don't want to go into the criminal allegations as it seems very unfair that people are accused when they are not present to defend themselves, but what is interesting is this quote from a page related to Amber Blessing's employment:
    "Question for Amber: What would you do if you won the lottery today? "If I won the lottery today, I’d probably wisely invest half of the money to generate more passive income and use the other half to travel all over the place, while still working for East Fork (remotely), of course."⁣⁣
    I have reached out to Amber but have received no reply. This is unsurprising and completely understandable as it's suspicious to receive an unsolicited approach from a complete stranger.

So if Josh and his two companions "accidentally" unearthed a Fenn chest (and, who knows, there may have been more than one - Knowledge believes one was found near Jelm) as part of the plan, it makes sense that the find announcement would be low-key and without congratulations. It also makes sense that it would mark the conclusion of the hunt because something else was "found" around the same time - and that something was the real point of the quest, allowing FF to bow out. This would account for the discrepancy between a "lucky" trio (who got a gold-filled chest) and a man from back east who perhaps solved the poem. It would also suggest that when this other item is eventually retrieved it will be of significance. In this scenario the chest was both the lure and the marker, but not the objective.

This could of course be reading way too much into recent events, but I don't think so, and there are reasons for me saying that beyond what I've written here. And for those who like a riddle, note that Amber Blessing (AB) and Barbara Andersen (BA) reflect the 12 (66) that is so integral to the Chase. And what about Barbara and Brian? 22 or perhaps even BABE . . .

Or the finder found the chest and took it to Forrest, which makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post
      Or the finder found the chest and took it to Forrest, which makes more sense.
      That of course is the rational conclusion, but there are many seemingly irrational aspects to the chase - not least the manner of the ending and the ensuing claims and counterclaims.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

That of course is the rational conclusion, but there are many seemingly irrational aspects to the chase - not least the manner of the ending and the ensuing claims and counterclaims.
        There is nothing irrational about the truth and an ending that has not yet been told. In my view it is the people surrounding the chase that are irrational.

Comment

In my opinion this now moves to center stage. In Ramblings and Rumblings Forrest said:
          "When I left the lake the last time, I hid a bottle of Coke under a rock. My plan was to drink it the next time I was there. Now I suppose some other Lewis & Clark will find it someday. It has had time to cool."
          Since the jar that we think held the autobiography did not appear in the finder's chest photo (although a different jar with opaque surface did) it's possible that the important find was hidden much like the Coke bottle, awaiting a "Lewis & Clark." I have my own opinion as to where that might be, but it does of course depend on confirmation that the autobiography has not yet been discovered.

I spent a little time thinking about Josh Jordan's story and it's possible it has legs. Unfortunately, Josh drip-fed us rather than making a clean breast of the whole story, but there are some interesting aspects to it. For those who believe like I do that the real Forrest Fenn ran very deep and spent many years developing his abilities and powers, it is not so hard to accept that the Leadville episode was all part of the plan. Forrest is found in need of rescue and aid is delivered. The spot thereby becomes intriguing and three people travel there again only to stumble upon the chest. The chest then disappears for years only to resurface at the conclusion of ten years of the Chase and just before Forrest passes. I don't want to go into the criminal allegations as it seems very unfair that people are accused when they are not present to defend themselves, but what is interesting is this quote from a page related to Amber Blessing's employment:
          "Question for Amber: What would you do if you won the lottery today? "If I won the lottery today, I’d probably wisely invest half of the money to generate more passive income and use the other half to travel all over the place, while still working for East Fork (remotely), of course."⁣⁣
          I have reached out to Amber but have received no reply. This is unsurprising and completely understandable as it's suspicious to receive an unsolicited approach from a complete stranger.

So if Josh and his two companions "accidentally" unearthed a Fenn chest (and, who knows, there may have been more than one - Knowledge believes one was found near Jelm) as part of the plan, it makes sense that the find announcement would be low-key and without congratulations. It also makes sense that it would mark the conclusion of the hunt because something else was "found" around the same time - and that something was the real point of the quest, allowing FF to bow out. This would account for the discrepancy between a "lucky" trio (who got a gold-filled chest) and a man from back east who perhaps solved the poem. It would also suggest that when this other item is eventually retrieved it will be of significance. In this scenario the chest was both the lure and the marker, but not the objective.

This could of course be reading way too much into recent events, but I don't think so, and there are reasons for me saying that beyond what I've written here. And for those who like a riddle, note that Amber Blessing (AB) and Barbara Andersen (BA) reflect the 12 (66) that is so integral to the Chase. And what about Barbara and Brian? 22 or perhaps even BABE . . .
          That is really deep, and maybe I could get behind something like that if not for the resemblance to a Douglas Preston novel I read once. Do you read DP novels also?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Steamer View Post

That is really deep, and maybe I could get behind something like that if not for the resemblance to a Douglas Preston novel I read once. Do you read DP novels also?
            The only one I've read is The Codex.

Comment

The only one I've read is The Codex.
              I was afraid you might state that.

Comment

I should make it clear that I'm making the assumption here that there's substance to Josh Jordan's claims. If they are accurate, maybe Forrest was unaware of the find in 2013 and used his "make it work" philosophy to gain the ending he desired. I don't know. But if the autobiography is missing from the find, then that may still be out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Steamer View Post

Those DP novels turn me off , I am all about the SP books ......Sorry , Sorry , I couldn't help myself . All this talk of Mr. Fenns passing led me to needing a laugh . My apologies it was at your expense Mr. Steamer .

Comment

I should make it clear that I'm making the assumption here that there's substance to Josh Jordan's claims. If they are accurate, maybe Forrest was unaware of the find in 2013 and used his "make it work" philosophy to gain the ending he desired. I don't know. But if the autobiography is missing from the find, then that may still be out there.
                    I believe Forrest's version over Josh. I am sure f would have remembered being carried back to the car. Why he would be there on the same spot, in a collapsed state, 3 years into the chase makes no sense either.

Josh tells a great story and at the same time tells us he and his buddies were on location for dishonest reasons. So cannot be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post

I believe Forrest's version over Josh. I am sure f would have remembered being carried back to the car. Why he would be there on the same spot, in a collapsed state, 3 years into the chase makes no sense either.

Josh tells a great story and at the same time tells us he and his buddies were on location for dishonest reasons. So cannot be trusted.
                      You may well be right. I don't know whether there's something in Josh's claims or not, and initially I was very skeptical, but if he's telling the truth it introduces some intriguing elements into the find. But whatever the truth, the two jars we've seen don't match. Has the autobiography been retrieved or is it still out there?

Comment

Originally posted by fALCONs MazE
                        voxpops , Really , that is a wonderful , well thought out theory . But I am positive that the time and effort you have put into the Chase , has had this thought cross your mind at least once (please correct me if I am wrong) : Do we honestly believe that a person of Mr. Fenns obvious wealth and intelligence/cunning would leave a box of gold ,ANYWHERE for that matter , where someone could stumble upon it ? Do we think it would be somewhere with NO cameras watching it 24/7 ? Or be somewhere so far from his reach , that he couldn't see it , or retrieve if something went wrong ? I say no to this 100% . I know I wouldn't do it without ALL of those conditions being met , and I'm not wealthy . Thats why we have to earn it . There is no other place on earth I can come up with that would satisfy all those conditions : Private Property . And furthermore , nothing against Josh personally , but his story doesn't have ANYTHING that resembles fiction , much less truth . Just my opinion .
                        You're right, I have indeed spent much time trying to work out how FF could make the chest findable but not capable of being stumbled upon. Which suggests to me that if Josh is telling the truth, the trio's find was part of FF's plan - and possibly a kind of decoy box.

Comment

You may well be right. I don't know whether there's something in Josh's claims or not, and initially I was very skeptical, but if he's telling the truth it introduces some intriguing elements into the find. But whatever the truth, the two jars we've seen don't match. Has the autobiography been retrieved or is it still out there?
                          You best ask Josh to make himself known to the courts then, so Barmy Barb can stake her claim on that piece of glass.

Comment

Now that is a GREAT observation and question Mr. Pops . They don't match , like at all . I would bet it is ...

Comment

Originally posted by fALCONs MazE
                              Then the 3rd (lie) is a Bigger show of words so everyone hears (and forgets the 1st 2) and will even be expounded upon with more relative conversation to further take you away from the truth .

Listen to it again , you might hear a completely different answer. If you do , please come back and let me know my advice reached someone.
                              1st truth- there could be a hint in the word "Autobiography"
                              you just have to be willing to consider other perspectives, a different viewpoint. Not that you have to act on it just consider many options..

2nd- If we chose closely, to look for abbreviated possibilities within the word "Autobiography" we should consider the context of the situation and what would make sense from the author and your relationship to them and their situation in their environment.

3rd- Automatically we should consider "Au" is the abbreviation for gold.. or could be short for 'Aye you!' (sounds like a New Yorker; ) or maybe "A ewe".. sheep are undoubtedly important to this particular magical author if you noticed in his stories, his environment. That should probably go higher on the list..
                              ..well this is gonna go past 3 so I'll stop there.

There, isn't here, so that was my first lie, as far as I can tell... maybe we can compromise?
                              3.1- "Aye you!" sounds even more like Fenn, get your attention, no doubt. The next letters, well "tom" sticks out and I think I had a grandfather named that, but he was usually behind a cloud of smoke, drank a bunch of his own lightning and spent a good amount of time in prison, (except when he'd get home sick and let himself out), anyway, he was still a good man, there were other "tom's" in the tree... Forrest probably knows what I'm talking about, could probably care a hair settin on that cloud right about now, Eric probably painted it..
                              Anyway I'm only human, and to prove it, I won't erase what I just wrote. Not that I was lying, I just lost focus on the truth, easy to do, happens all the time... "tobi" are the actual next letters of Autobiography. "to be I" sounds Fenn and Shakespearish.
                              3.2- So we've got "Aye you! To be I ".. next I see "ograp" at first I see "Ogre ape, or a pea" maybe I bit off too much? So how about "oh! grape!" that really works when you consider what's left of your letters. "hy" so he says "Hi!" ... you reckon? ..probably because "Aye you are to be me.. grape hi!" That definitely sounds like a translation he would want us to appreciate, especially sealed in a bottle.
                              An Autobiography is.. you becoming someone else, and a cheers with a grape-hi soda or a glass of wine is a toast! Just like part of his "Home of Brown" toast and buns are always important and best when Brown. Unless you forget they are in the oven, then plan B is in order..
                              3.3- That was just one consideration. It's a mini-puzzle and more than one interpretation could ring true of the word look at "Autobiography" again and now you might choose to see: Auto, be.. oh! Grrr! Aye! Fa-why!
                              That sounds like someone who discovered two flat tires. Perhaps a visual clue? He did have his share of flat tires, and 2 omegas at the end of the books look visually suspect, kinda like me, and all of us sometimes when caught in an "un-truth" But in this case, it ain't nothin but the truth.

I've said more than my fair share for the day. So someone exercise your freedom to choose other possibilities and think of others, and another angle on the word. Believe it's good to think outside the box, but also consider the box always is relevant. That's my two salt shakers. Might be back, I dunno, and that's certainly the truth. Hope you have a good evening, I'm surprised if you made it this far, but encouraged by your patience.
                              Last edited by Castellaw1685; 09-10-2020, 05:54 PM.
                              Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

Comment

Working...
                              X