The Poem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

The blaze was left, and is quite durable, as we've been told by FF.
    Where can I find where Fenn said this? I'm super curious to read the exchange...

Comment

• Pigeon...

Comment

• These were very prominent with Forrest. He always entwined a word like "geography" etc. with a count.

The Five Themes in Geography
        • Location: Position on the Earth's Surface (Absolute/Relative). ...
        • Place: Physical and Human Characteristics. ...
        • Human/Environment Interactions: Shaping the Landscape. ...
        • Movement: Humans Interacting on the Earth. ...
        • Regions: How They Form and Change.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	GEOGRAPHY 109.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	197153
        What you deny or ignore, you DELAY. What you accept and face, you CONQUER.

Comment

• They are everywhere on the borders of the pictures!

Name:	tftw-pg157-109.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	197257

Name:	borders-109.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	197258

Comment

• I mentioned a while back. Him going to Borders doesn't make since. Why would he go to a franchise book store over twice the distance from his house. Compared to his favorite book store Collected Works. Obvousily there's there's a couple hints in that story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
              I mentioned a while back. Him going to Borders doesn't make since. Why would he go to a franchise book store over twice the distance from his house. Compared to his favorite book store Collected Works. Obvousily there's there's a couple hints in that story.
              It's kind of like the next "borders" word in TTOTC. From "Borders" to "the" in the first "Catcher in The Rye" is 43 words.
              To the second "The" in "Catcher in The Rye" is 109.
              The Borders 43 & The borders 109. Since it uses a matching word of a book title, it is a hint and matches the 43 & 109's on the borders of the pictures.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	catcher.JPG Views:	0 Size:	275.5 KB ID:	197448

Comment

• Or this match.
                Page 43 of TTOTC has 52 words. Page 52 of TFTW has 43 words. Now you know the next coordinate after 43. The 52nd poem word is Brown.
                Now Scrapbook 52. It is 43 letters to end with the word border, and he even tells you it is the north coordinate.
                This again ties 43 with 52.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	sb52-43 (2).JPG Views:	0 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	197450

What state is Scrapbook 109 about? It is about Wyoming.........

TFTW. It is 109 words to Wyoming.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	109 wyoming.JPG Views:	1 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	197453
                The bottom line with all of this is that if your solve was in the 43°52' & 109° area, you were close.
                There are eighty-seven 109° hints Forrest put out and sixty-nine 43° hints.
                Last edited by OH!!; 09-16-2020, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Not that anyone cares at all, but since it’s cathartic and the solution hasn’t come out yet, my interpretation of the poem has evolved a little. I’ve always had my “no place for the meek”, but since the clues are in order, I’ve modified my heavy loads and water high. Along the creek with no paddle, there are a lot of quarries. There would be a lot of trucks and heavy machinery quarrying and moving heavy loads of stone. Then, instead of a water tower which I first thought would be water high, Lol, that won’t last a 1000 years, I’m thinking it is a “high” reservoir you would get to before finding the blaze. Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                    Or this match.
                    Page 43 of TTOTC has 52 words. Page 52 of TFTW has 43 words. Now you know the next coordinate after 43. The 52nd poem word is Brown.
                    Now Scrapbook 52. It is 43 letters to end with the word border, and he even tells you it is the north coordinate.
                    This again ties 43 with 52.
                    Click image for larger version Name:	sb52-43 (2).JPG Views:	0 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	197450

What state is Scrapbook 109 about? It is about Wyoming.........

TFTW. It is 109 words to Wyoming.
                    Click image for larger version Name:	109 wyoming.JPG Views:	1 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	197453
                    The bottom line with all of this is that if your solve was in the 43°52' & 109° area, you were close.
                    There are eighty-seven 109° hints Forrest put out and sixty-nine 43° hints.
                    The best part is that Forrest was an ultimate trickster. 109 MT-43 is a route that if plugged into Maps gives you Wisdom, MT.

If you've been wise, lol...

He legit had a few people on a wild goose chase never knowing how close to the truth they really were...

Everything is double-speak...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYokel View Post

The best part is that Forrest was an ultimate trickster. 109 MT-43 is a route that if plugged into Maps gives you Wisdom, MT.

If you've been wise, lol...

He legit had a few people on a wild goose chase never knowing how close to the truth they really were...

Everything is double-speak...
                      Is that why the 43rd & 109th word in the poem has a definition of degree?

Name:	far.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	197717

Name:	so.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	197718
                      Last edited by OH!!; 09-16-2020, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• TFTW - page 200.
                        I believe this gives you the national forest because of his phrase "Winner-take-all..........
                        Page 200 combined with national forest gives you the Shoshone national Forest.

Click image for larger version  Name:	200.JPG Views:	0 Size:	389.5 KB ID:	198010

Comment

• Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                          TFTW - page 200.
                          I believe this gives you the national forest because of his phrase "Winner-take-all..........
                          Page 200 combined with national forest gives you the Shoshone national Forest.

Click image for larger version Name:	200.JPG Views:	0 Size:	389.5 KB ID:	198010
                          Eloquence and profunditity
                          "To be wrong for someone you have to be right for someone else."

Comment

• Has anyone ever studied this page in TFTW where the chapter "Heading North" begins? Heading north/North heading.
                            Besides the very common word count of 43, then the word "North" (North Heading 43),
                            So, where does 600 miles exactly land? Could it lead you to clue 1?
                            Here in this 2 minute video, I start off flying from the Santa Fe airport icon and head north for exactly 600 miles.
                            (viewing video on youtube is much clearer @ 1080p) Use full screen........
                            Last edited by OH!!; 09-18-2020, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X