ID:	185409
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200805-012407_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	185410

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post
      For all of the self proclaimed "intellectuals" and ones that believe themselves to be "evil geniuses" who had a mind meld with Forrest Fenn - Allow some calories to be brain burned while philosophising over this statement:

"Sometimes it's wise for the fox to dress like the hound".
      Yeeeeeeeeppp.

Comment

Ramblings and Rumblings

The Fenn family history (unedited)

By Forrest Fenn

1996-2009

This long story was written for my grand children so they will know something about the Fenn side of their family. It is just notes and thinkings that ramble around as thoughts come and go. I wish my dad had done this for me. It is kinda chronological, but not necessarily so. It was started in July 1996 with pencil scribblings in a blue binder notebook. Over the months and years, I have pulled it out and made inserts, and finally typed it into Microsoft Word. As new remembrances came to me, I inserted them wherever I thought they might fit.

(the complete doc is in the attached PDF)

Make sure you don't miss the bits about Peggy being engaged to somebody else at one point and Skippy kidnapping his own daughter and taking her to Canada!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by casperjeff View Post

Ramblings and Rumblings

The Fenn family history (unedited)

By Forrest Fenn

1996-2009

This long story was written for my grand children so they will know something about the Fenn side of their family. It is just notes and thinkings that ramble around as thoughts come and go. I wish my dad had done this for me. It is kinda chronological, but not necessarily so. It was started in July 1996 with pencil scribblings in a blue binder notebook. Over the months and years, I have pulled it out and made inserts, and finally typed it into Microsoft Word. As new remembrances came to me, I inserted them wherever I thought they might fit.

(the complete doc is in the attached PDF)

Make sure you don't miss the bits about Peggy being engaged to somebody else at one point and Skippy kidnapping his own daughter and taking her to Canada!
          Where did you get that document?

Comment

Wow!

This appears to be THE autobiography!

Comment

For all of the self proclaimed "intellectuals" and ones that believe themselves to be "evil geniuses" who had a mind meld with Forrest Fenn - Allow some calories to be brain burned while philosophising over this statement:

Now, that's an aphorism I can personally endorse.

Comment

Originally posted by June Did Everything Right View Post

Where did you get that document?
                See attached analysis which gives some answers...
                But specifically to the question at hand:

Question: Is this the autobiography that Fenn mentions is in the chest and his bronze jars?
                Answer: R&R content describes a large portion of Fenn’s life and I can’t imagine ANOTHER parallel document that was created in this SAME time period to be included in the TC and jars. I imagine parts of R&R were removed and maybe some additions made. Fenn describes that autobiography as containing 20,000 words and as R&R weighs in at just over 27,000, I would suspect that this is a viable candidate.

Attached Files
                Last edited by casperjeff; 08-05-2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                  Wow!

This appears to be THE autobiography!
                  Mebe. Or possibly a close cousin. I really can't imagine another doc created specifically for the jar/chest that didn't contain the same info in R&R - but that doesn't mean it isn't possible

Comment

Lol Skippy kidnapped his daughter? Geez I have to read this.

Comment

And if you mate fox with hound.........you get FOUND

Comment

If that’s the real autobiography from the jar (which I don’t think it is) that’s as much a let down as the ending of the chase.

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack21 View Post
                          If that’s the real autobiography from the jar (which I don’t think it is) that’s as much a let down as the ending of the chase.
                          I guess - but what other elements of his life aren't widely known at this point?
                          Between his published writings and R&R - it covers huge swaths of his life (I was planning on putting together a timeline to see what areas of time we dont know much about) - but seeing how exciting Fenn's life has been - what else could there possibly be that could fill up an ADDITIONAL 20,000 word biography??

Comment

Maybe it's the story of his art. Wouldn't that be great!

Comment

Originally posted by casperjeff View Post

See attached analysis which gives some answers...
                              But specifically to the question at hand:

Question: Is this the autobiography that Fenn mentions is in the chest and his bronze jars?
                              Answer: R&R content describes a large portion of Fenn’s life and I can’t imagine ANOTHER parallel document that was created in this SAME time period to be included in the TC and jars. I imagine parts of R&R were removed and maybe some additions made. Fenn describes that autobiography as containing 20,000 words and as R&R weighs in at just over 27,000, I would suspect that this is a viable candidate.

It would seem slightly odd to put this autobiography in the chest when so much of this is stories he's used elsewhere, including in TTOTC... But then again the guy has only had one life and these stories are the ones that matter to him, so I guess it's no big deal if he repeats himself.

Comment

20,000 words ain't that much really, especially when the writing is so small. That small hand book will be little more than 70 pages long at the very most. IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X