Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest's Autobio

Hey boys, girls and midgets!

Anyone still interested in reading the auto bio? People are still focused on the box, I know I know. I'd still like to read about this rapscallion we know, Forrest Fenn. I still like this sketchy character, but I wouldn't trust him with my wallet, haha!

Sure the bio will have embellishments, but we expect this. I think the auto bio is the proper send off.

ciao

I bet you the hoB is in the bio...

Comment

Where can it be found?

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post
        Where can it be found?
        In the chest... Or a jar buried 4 feet down, somewhere....

Comment

Sure, I'd read it. I'm not sure some of it doesn't already exist in the form of the TFTW and OUAW books. He supposedly took out the info regarding why his spot was so special, so it seems he could publish it if he wanted to, if he still has a copy. Maybe he'd have to redact some other things. There may be some more personal stuff he'd prefer to not have out there until he's gone.
          Last edited by CRM114; 08-04-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CosiMoTitor View Post

Anyone still interested in reading the auto bio? People are still focused on the box, I know I know. I'd still like to read about this rapscallion we know, Forrest Fenn. I still like this sketchy character, but I wouldn't trust him with my wallet, haha!

Sure the bio will have embellishments, but we expect this. I think the auto bio is the proper send off.

ciao
            It's not an autobiography, it's a memoir. It's the story of Chief Joseph evading the U.S army for six months in 1877. It's also the proof that my solution is correct, no one else has said that the memoir in the chest was the story of Chief Joseph.

From there its no place for the meek, the end is drawing ever nigh (add ix)
            There'll be no paddle up your creek, just heavy loads and water high

anagrams to:

Six weeks to right memoir, departed chief fleeing northern haven
            Joseph Heller's autobiography, underhandedly elevated war, tuck
            Last edited by Anna Graham; 08-04-2020, 04:09 PM.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
            --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
              It's also the proof that my solution is correct.
              lol.... No one's set eyes on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post

lol.... No one's set eyes on it.
                Because the seal wasn't broken?
                "To be wrong for someone you have to be right for someone else."

Comment

Originally posted by Oldwhipped View Post

Because the seal wasn't broken?
                  I was speaking in general. The finder could have by now, who knows...

Comment

sure
                    "To be wrong for someone you have to be right for someone else."

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post
                      I bet you the hoB is in the bio...
                      I’ll bet the bio was in h of b

Comment

Originally posted by CosiMoTitor View Post

ciao
                        I'd like to read it. I also wonder how readable those little fonts would be. A printer has limited resolution. But maybe FF (shall we say) "embellished" the length of the bio. Maybe it's only about 2,000
                        words. Naaah, maybe he doesn't do that. (Gotta love that word "maybe".) There are probably well over 350,666 searchers by now. Yup, I'm sure of it. Some of them are searching for employment, while others have a devil-may-care attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

I'd like to read it. I also wonder how readable those little fonts would be. A printer has limited resolution. But maybe FF (shall we say) "embellished" the length of the bio. Maybe it's only about 2,000
                          words. Naaah, maybe he doesn't do that. (Gotta love that word "maybe".) There are probably well over 350,666 searchers by now. Yup, I'm sure of it. Some of them are searching for employment, while others have a devil-may-care attitude.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200804-204156_YouTube.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	185344

Comment

I don't think the contents of that will be released until after he passes away, if ever. To me, that was the most interesting and likely most valuable item in that chest, especially because it contained hair (DNA), which is completely unnecessary, as is the autobiography itself. Everyone would know whose chest that was once it was found.

And I never believed him on thinking it would last 100 years. I think, based on his continuing presence and release of so much more information, that he wanted it found in three to five years. If you want something to last 100 years, you get the ball rolling and step away. You do not continue engaging and eliminating large regions.

When I saw that the jar appeared to not have been opened, I have to admit to thinking some strange things. Mainly, "Who in the world who could solve this thing would not have torn that jar open and read that bio after getting back to the hotel from dropping the chest off in a safety deposit box in Bozeman?" What sort of finder would not have indulged in such a discovery.

If that autobiography isn't something amazing, I will be dumbfounded and admit to being pretty dumb in general. Hell, as a show of faith, I'll mail everyone who reads this post in its entirety an ounce of silver if that autobiography isn't a hum-diddly-dinger of a whizz-bang fire starter!

We know it's going to be a whopper. I always found it strange that he said he removed the details on why it was his special spot for personal reasons. I mean, you do that when it doesn't paint you in a good light. "Personal reasons" are almost never "positive reasons." The connotation of removing something for personal reasons almost always leads to the "I'd rather people or my family not know that detail of my life." That makes it doubly strange. The spot is important to him, so important to him that it is where he chose to hide his treasure, but he will not tell us why that spot is important to him?

Things that make June go hmmm.

There are many strange things that Forrest could have gotten involved in. While the DB Cooper line is interesting, he's got the wrong color eyes and you'd think they'd have mentioned his accent. On the other hand, there are an awful lot of outlaws popping in TTOTC along with a the greatest unsolved crime in the history of his family. The one that troubles me the most is that he lists a litany of dissimilarities between himself and Holden Caufield and when he finally arrives at the similarity "He even had a kid sister like me" he glaringly fails to mention that Holden had an older brother. Holden's older brother is of course "DB." The other part is that the tie left behind by DB contained chemicals used in metallurgy, which is what Forrest was working on in his garage in Temple at the time of that incident.

Setting aside that line of thinking, I have another idea that he may have been a pilot assisting in getting guns to the Contras. They needed experienced pilots and people they could trust with national security secrets. He lived in NM. I know that there's so much more to the actual story. The treasure was just a lure for him to get this wild story out. This is why part of me thinks the finder doesn't have it yet. That's the wildly imaginative part of me and it's loose with details, but at this point, almost two months in to have nothing but perhaps the state and more bizzarely the gender and origin location of the finder (How is that anonymous at all?), I'm inclined to let my imagination loose. Because this ending is quite odd indeed.

I also think--because I haven't written enough yet--that when he said there's a way we would know it was found after he passed away... the contents of that autobiography are going to make national or international news. This was not simply a "treasure hunt." Not with that many references to outlaws and famous bad guys. This Forrest fellow has far more dimensionality than what he's revealed so far, and what he's revealed so far is monumental in terms of a life well lived.

My guess is some of those bananas might have been somewhat bizarre or covert bananas. A good way to get rich quick might be... hmmmm.... what was going on in the 1980s which allowed gifted pilots to make significant sums of money? The United States government was running guns and importing cocaine. Was Forrest? Who knows? I think a lot of people have simplified the potential of the man. He's a genius. Geniuses take mad risks because they can see the reward side of it. Geniuses make things happen against great odds. Does this sound like it fits his profile?

At minimum he stayed on as a company man for the CIA and may have been a pilot during the Contra activities. At most... skies the limit. What do we think Forrest could not have accomplished if he put his mind to it? The guy hid gold in the mountains, made millions in art, served the nation as a fighter pilot, wrote 12 books, and on and on and on.

The contents of that jar will burn the treasure into obscurity as we all marvel gaze at the true story and the one story he's been mentioning as important. Remember how he talks about writing his "unauthorized autobiography"? He wasn't talking about TTOTC. If it's unauthorized, the contents of that jar are going to ignite something amazing. It's probably unauthorized because the CIA did not clear him to release classified information. Can anyone really imagine Forrest saying no to being asked by the CIA to assist in an operation under a Republican president to stop the spread of communism in the Western hemisphere? Because I can only see him saying "How much did you say I'll make per flight?" And then using all his training to accomplish yet more bizarre missions.

I just know, know, know.... it's something very interesting indeed. The man has a conscience and pride. He's going to make something right and himself much more famous than we could ever imagine. Who retains the rights to that story in the jar? His family. Not the finder.

Brace for impact. If or when it happens, it's going to make this treasure hunt seem so tiny and insignificant. Will the Chase even be part of the movie they will make of his life? Sure, but a small very, very small part. It might just be mentioned as text at the end of the biopic.

Comment

For all of the self proclaimed "intellectuals" and ones that believe themselves to be "evil geniuses" who had a mind meld with Forrest Fenn - Allow some calories to be brain burned while philosophising over this statement:

"Sometimes it's wise for the fox to dress like the hound".

Comment

Working...
                              X