Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forrest's skylight, Dizzy Dean., "Peggy's" chapter silent repose..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Mootmann wow, that’s incredible. A reminder of how connected things are, even when it seems they are too far out to be impacted. Nature interrupted is not a good thing.

My first BOTG was a clear night much like you described. When I woke up my tent was frosty frozen, and the area was full of tracks. The whole place has an air of mystery. Not like Yosemite or the Grand Canyon- those are sort of eye-catching places. This place is every bit their equal (IMO more awesome) but it has a distinctly primeval feel. Like you wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of hobbits came down the hillside.

On a subsequent trip, I found the most interesting track I’ve ever found. In very light frozen snow, I found about a size 19 human-ish track with 10 very well-defined toes. I’m willing to play creative games every now and then, but I’m not crazy and wasn’t really “looking” very hard for anything, just hiking. I took a photo next to my foot and it wasn’t until later I thought about how odd the track was. I considered a doubled up black bear track, but it seems way too humanlike. Like so many Chase things, I shrug in wonderment, and make a note of it and smile, and try to keep putting the next foot down!

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
      Andy Mootmann wow, that’s incredible. A reminder of how connected things are, even when it seems they are too far out to be impacted. Nature interrupted is not a good thing.

My first BOTG was a clear night much like you described. When I woke up my tent was frosty frozen, and the area was full of tracks. The whole place has an air of mystery. Not like Yosemite or the Grand Canyon- those are sort of eye-catching places. This place is every bit their equal (IMO more awesome) but it has a distinctly primeval feel. Like you wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of hobbits came down the hillside.

On a subsequent trip, I found the most interesting track I’ve ever found. In very light frozen snow, I found about a size 19 human-ish track with 10 very well-defined toes. I’m willing to play creative games every now and then, but I’m not crazy and wasn’t really “looking” very hard for anything, just hiking. I took a photo next to my foot and it wasn’t until later I thought about how odd the track was. I considered a doubled up black bear track, but it seems way too humanlike. Like so many Chase things, I shrug in wonderment, and make a note of it and smile, and try to keep putting the next foot down!
      Freaky, but very cool story.

Comment

Originally posted by NadiyaM View Post
        Hidden between two volcanic eruptions....that would put Forrest in the middle again...and that is significant!
        That sounds pretty "steamy" to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

The mysterious saskachewy. Known only by those brave enough to venture alone. Helluva story!

Comment

Working...
          X