Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forrest's skylight, Dizzy Dean., "Peggy's" chapter silent repose..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest's skylight, Dizzy Dean., "Peggy's" chapter silent repose..

I saw someone writing about Forrest's skylight in his bathroom.....strange to need a skylight when you take showers only at night...an aberration for sure.

All of the above refer to locations within the final search zone.....all are dealing with geological "formations" at the final location........Volcanoes..
    Remember a comprehensive knowledge of geography might help.
    Skylight volcano. ((volcanology) A hole in the upper part of a lava tube, yielding a view of the lava within.)
    http://sci.sdsu.edu/how_volcanoes_wo...tube_large.jpg

Dizzy Dean.......so a entire reason to issue a revised edition was to "Hightlight" the Dizzy Dean Scrapbook. The focal point of the story was the platform Dizzy called down from and young Forrest climbed up on......So what hint might be gained.....Platform was a focal point in only one other story......Forrest diving challenge with his Air Force friend...... There Forrest left the "Platform" and went into a "TUCK" and landed with a volcanic splash.... A tuck also being : (To push into a snug position; to place somewhere safe or somewhat hidden.) Now imagine about what a splash of water would be...and then a volcano splash... Small droplets/balls of lava spit from a skylight....that formed a larger very unique looking rock. Many of the ball of lava fused together while a few remained loose.

In Ode to Peggy....Forrest speaks of laying down in silent repose........seems simple enough doesnt it??? Silent as a business silent partner??....silent as in hidden.?
    Repose: ((geology) The period between eruptions of a volcano.)

So you see...Forrest special place and the treasure chest was hidden between two areas of volcanic "splashes"....that was the focus of Dizzy Dean....I watched in amusement as Rodney Greenway "discovered" the skylight/ volcano angle while he was reading the TTOTC while streaming live.

Just wanted to share this with you...for your further understanding and enjoyment.
    Sorry I am too lazy to go back and look up the exact Scrapbook and quotes etc...

Scrapbook 99.5
    https://dalneitzel.com/2014/10/21/sc...ne-point_five/

“And she put the huge skylight above my sprinkler. It’s just right there, and let’s light from the entire world in on me while I’m standing naked. Next time I’ll design my own shower.”

Comment

.....Its just right there....

Forrest loves to hide stuff right out in the open.

Comment

Sunlight Peak, IMO, is the tall biddie and also the extinct volcano in question. It’s just right there in the Sunlight area.. or was.

Comment

I don’t like clutter so everything on my counter is necessary. Kleenex, tooth brushes, clock, and sink are on the left. Lotion in the middle. A wooden box for pennies, and my TV on the right. Everything else is hidden in drawers or cabinets. That’s me in the three mirrors. I cannot imagine why there are three mirrors.

Three Babe Ruths

Three Cloves

Broncos beat the Cowboys by Three

After three years the wind toppled Moses over and broke his right hand. I glued it back and stood him up again, where he stayed for another three years

Comment

we were told that the price of the Sunday Edition was three times what we had been collecting.....

Comment

Wolfie and his three passengers did not survive the crash, nor did a Joseph Sharp painting that Forrest had consigned to his friend. It spent the winter outside the plane under 3 feet of snow.

Comment

I believe the platform is key. No one had any clue where Dizzy was, even standing right under him, and with him calling. I think this is the Second Wrapper 200 foot clue. I also believe the platform is hidden in plain sight. It’s amazing sometimes what disproportionate effects a relatively small deterrent can have- such as a very short but EXCEPTIONALLY steep section of an otherwise modest trail, or the appearance that one can’t or shouldn’t go there.

Also, I think Dizzy’s platform offers a short, 200 foot slide to brown trout heaven. It’s the HARD way, but it can be done. I actually did it in at my solve (I didn’t slide, but I tried the “short cut” and it WAS NOT worth the dings I took!) But I was amazed to see that I could be that close to the key spot and yet be clueless to it being there. It might as well have been on the moon!

Comment

Originally posted by NadiyaM
                  ...Three cloves is a huge clue.
                  I tried on this one but couldn’t get cloves. Hmm.

Comment

Clovis is a son. Treasure was associated with his father.
                    "To be wrong for someone you have to be right for someone else."

Comment

You guys are nuts. The clues aren't the items it's the number 3.

Green Tea, Red tea and black tea. 3 teas.

Comment

Originally posted by NadiyaM
                        ...Three cloves is a huge clue.
                        Maybe Peggy had one clove in each container. But I don't think any numbers are important to solving the poem. They might be important after finding the trove.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                          I believe the platform is key. No one had any clue where Dizzy was, even standing right under him, and with him calling. I think this is the Second Wrapper 200 foot clue. I also believe the platform is hidden in plain sight. It’s amazing sometimes what disproportionate effects a relatively small deterrent can have- such as a very short but EXCEPTIONALLY steep section of an otherwise modest trail, or the appearance that one can’t or shouldn’t go there.

Also, I think Dizzy’s platform offers a short, 200 foot slide to brown trout heaven. It’s the HARD way, but it can be done. I actually did it in at my solve (I didn’t slide, but I tried the “short cut” and it WAS NOT worth the dings I took!) But I was amazed to see that I could be that close to the key spot and yet be clueless to it being there. It might as well have been on the moon!
                          The "harsh mistress" has been thoroughly searched.

Comment

Hidden between two volcanic eruptions....that would put Forrest in the middle again...and that is significant!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Mootmann

Hi Sharp,
                              Speaking of “moon”, did you happen to see the moon from the platform in your solve? Or was it “noon” time, and no moon was visible? I realize that sometimes you can actually see the moon even during the daytime. Thanks. Andy
                              Hey there Andy! I did not recall it while there on the platform. A couple of days it was overcast and rainy (haily haha). The other days were clear but the spot itself is somewhat guarded by huge trees on the flanks, but has a large open window to the SE.

I know I saw the moon from the main trail, but once I was in the trees I don’t remember seeing it. Of course I probably had my face to the ground, too!

Now that you mention it, I can’t imagine how stunning a harvest moon hanging in the window in my solve spot would be. The spot alone is incredible, but that would be something.

I camped previously below the platform area, and did have a moon and stars. Spectacular, what can be seen away from man-made light sources.

Comment

Working...
                              X