Clear All

• wwwamericana
    replied
    Run silent, run deep....

Leave a comment:

• blackjack21
    replied
    Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
    That the finder/solver’s name is encoded in the poem? whether by chance, or design?

the poem runs deep, but how deep?
    deep. I think I’m with you on this one.

Leave a comment:

• Macahol
    replied
    My name does not contain an X. Therefore, I feel justified in thinking that, yes, my name must have been uniquely coded in the poem. Forrest meant for me to find it and that explains his lack of enthusiasm shown toward the finder.

Leave a comment:

• Star Shadow
    replied
    Ye Code
    Found under a canopy of stars takes on a whole new meaning since Ye West tied an anchor on Cody. The elevated status may end up a blessing in disguise.
    Last edited by Star Shadow; 08-14-2020, 11:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by June Did Everything Right View Post
    Yes. This is the next step. Anagram the correct line and then find the finder and steal the treasure. This was Forrest's plan all along. Make it so that every name in the world is encoded in that poem. He felt like an architect because he had to encode every name in every phone book in the world, except for India, because he didn't want the little girl from India to be discovered once she transitioned into a man from back east and found it.
    I would treat a phone book as a treasure all its own! I haven’t seen one in years. I did see part of one hanging from a phone booth (also a treasure) a few months back but that was it. Although it would explain the poem taking 15 years to write... then the Yellow Pages!

all that said I take your sharp point, that my post was an overcooking. I’ll mark you down as “leaning no.” in good fun.

But as you’re doubtless aware, there’s much more to that poem than a rhythm here, and a rhyme there.
    Last edited by JHSharp; 08-01-2020, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Yeah, it's possible, depending on the code. My code tells me that the finder/solver's name is Rumplestiltskin Toomuchimagination.

Something's deep around here, that's fer shur.
    I know, I knew I’d “waded” right into that one when I posted it.

But, I also know that the Chase has a way of finding camels that leap through needle-eyes, so I thought it was worth the ask.
    Last edited by JHSharp; 08-01-2020, 06:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
    That the finder/solver’s name is encoded in the poem? whether by chance, or design?

Yeah, it's possible, depending on the code. My code tells me that the finder/solver's name is Rumplestiltskin Toomuchimagination.

Something's deep around here, that's fer shur.
    Last edited by Old Pilot; 08-01-2020, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AllenK
    replied
    So hear me Allen, listen good?

Leave a comment:

• Space Hopper
    replied
    I love coincidences. The date Forrest released the state the spot was in, 22nd July, is my mothers (Dorothy (Dot, spot)) Birthday. TTOTC would have been published on my grandson Noah's b'day had he not been born on a leap year.

Family name is not Brown though.

Leave a comment:

• June Did Everything Right
    replied
    Yes. This is the next step. Anagram the correct line and then find the finder and steal the treasure. This was Forrest's plan all along. Make it so that every name in the world is encoded in that poem. He felt like an architect because he had to encode every name in every phone book in the world, except for India, because he didn't want the little girl from India to be discovered once she transitioned into a man from back east and found it.

Leave a comment:

• Old blue
    replied
    I think after the fact a person can make a code to spell the name
    as long as it their name doesn’t have a x in it

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    started a topic Is it possible

Is it possible

Working...
X