No announcement yet.

The finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty easy to prove it's not the finder, because rather than release a silly photo and pay for publicity the finder could have made this same announcement with the same photo and text through Forrest and have paid zero dollars to a basic ass marketing website that pushes press releases. Essentially, the "true finder" would not need to have gone to these lengths to release what amounts to a press release where he says he couldn't travel to get it and doesn't have it and then more nonsense.

Not the finder. Unnecessary steps taken and costs incurred, when he could have reached the entire search community for free through Forrest on Dal's site and remained anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post

This is photo data, so the data you see is attached to the computer. You are seeing the date the photo was added onto the computer. But I understand you scenario, but once the computer is connected to the internet, all time is automatically updated. There are ways a date change can happen and it may be the case here, but my assumption is that we will never here from this fella again. After all, just here on "THOR" there were thirty people saying they were the finder. You want to stay anonymous and then you don't just doesn't stack up. My opinion, there isn't a finder until he reveals himself. There are many searchers that would pay top dollar for a piece in the chest. Staying silent is blackmarket value..............

The photo has had a name change to Mr. E
      Mr. East maybe. Ha-ha......

If it is computer data then it can still happen. Let’s say it’s an old MacBook not on a network. They powered it up and transferred the photo before connecting to upload the photo. I shut all my stuff off and don’t leave it running or connected to the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by June Did Everything Right View Post
        It's pretty easy to prove it's not the finder, because rather than release a silly photo and pay for publicity the finder could have made this same announcement with the same photo and text through Forrest and have paid zero dollars to a basic ass marketing website that pushes press releases. Essentially, the "true finder" would not need to have gone to these lengths to release what amounts to a press release where he says he couldn't travel to get it and doesn't have it and then more nonsense.

Not the finder. Unnecessary steps taken and costs incurred, when he could have reached the entire search community for free through Forrest on Dal's site and remained anonymous.
        I did an image search on the photo and its been circulated in a few countries, I know if I was the finder I would not use any blog to make a public statement I would have done what this guy did in order to stay anonymous. And it seems what he said about promising to at least release the state has come true, and it was through Forrest so he's got that going for him.
        ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Presque vu View Post

I did an image search on the photo and its been circulated in a few countries, I know if I was the finder I would not use any blog to make a public statement I would have done what this guy did in order to stay anonymous. And it seems what he said about promising to at least release the state has come true, and it was through Forrest so he's got that going for him.
          the idiot is probably going to make some tell-tale mistake when he finally creeps out from the shadows.
          whattaya wanna bet his first video has meta data leading us right to his double wide?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

I don't think you understand the thrust of my logic.

He could have stayed entirely anonymous by issuing this "notice" through Forrest rather than posting a weird ass photo of himself and then rambling and paying to have it released through a marketing site that just bombs news outlets without checking for the veracity of the article that they are pushing out.

Do you think the Finder paid 99 bucks and uploaded a photo of himself, and then rambled on about not having the chest? Is that what you're supposing the finder did? He'd do that instead of just release this same text through Forrest on Dal's blog? Because that seems silly.

Would you release this in this manner rather than having Forrest protect you by going through him? You would upload your name and address and credit card information to a less than well protected third party website and then publish this article and have it distributed to news outlets nationwide? That would be part of your plan?

Not me. I'd just go through Forrest. And I wouldn't say I didn't have the chest while also claiming to be the one who found it. Makes no sense. So many people claim to have found it and yet only one of them has it. This guy says he doesn't have it.

Comment

"I come to you with empty hands and solemn words."
                "[...] there has [sic] been unforeseen and unexpected delays with taking custody of the treasure."

Translation: Yes another "finder" who did not physically "find" the treasure.

Comment

I don't think you understand the thrust of my logic.

He could have stayed entirely anonymous by issuing this "notice" through Forrest rather than posting a weird ass photo of himself and then rambling and paying to have it released through a marketing site that just bombs news outlets without checking for the veracity of the article that they are pushing out.

Do you think the Finder paid 99 bucks and uploaded a photo of himself, and then rambled on about not having the chest? Is that what you're supposing the finder did? He'd do that instead of just release this same text through Forrest on Dal's blog? Because that seems silly.

Would you release this in this manner rather than having Forrest protect you by going through him? You would upload your name and address and credit card information to a less than well protected third party website and then publish this article and have it distributed to news outlets nationwide? That would be part of your plan?

Not me. I'd just go through Forrest. And I wouldn't say I didn't have the chest while also claiming to be the one who found it. Makes no sense. So many people claim to have found it and yet only one of them has it. This guy says he doesn't have it.
                  Well that's why I asked to be proven wrong, so I appreciate your input. Though you can also imagine the finder wanting to take the spotlight, you'd have a fairy large ego after finding the chest, but what if there was a legal issue regarding where it was found so it is held up from being released it wouldn't ordinarily take as long but with the pandemic it is all at a crawl. Maybe Forrest put the ball in his court and the guy found out that nobody would listen unless it was in Forrests court.
                  I wouldn't of taken much notice had he not predicted or I should say promised the state would be revealed.
                  Also I noticed it was posted the day Dal shut down his site to comments.
                  People act strange with new found fame......
                  ​​​​
                  but more than likely just a good guess of what would be released , and possibly some sort of wacky tactic to help Forrest have the lawsuits dropped.
                  Last edited by Presque vu; 08-01-2020, 05:17 PM.
                  ​​​​

Comment

I’m pretty sure I remember this photo. This guy said he was the finder in June, between the announcement of the find and the pic release. He was searching in SW Montana, N of Hebgen. He said he found the TC at the base of a tree and released a photo of what looked like could have been an indentation in the soil the size of the TC. The soil was not the soil from the chest pic ff released, however.

Comment

After rereading this article I think it is legit. Prove me wrong...

https://www.wfmj.com/story/42315978/...-fenn-treasure
                      You drew my attention to the article But the only treasure that guy found is a natty lite at a George Strait concert.

Comment

It was a Nothing Burger when the story came out, and still is.

Comment

After rereading this article I think it is legit. Prove me wrong...

https://www.wfmj.com/story/42315978/...-fenn-treasure
                          It's 2 un legit 2 quit eye guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                            It was a Nothing Burger when the story came out, and still is.
                            Nothing Burger is a phrase that makes me cringe when I hear it. Be more creative and sensitive to those with these kind of pet peeves.

Comment

Fine: a story with no meat. (Insert "Where's the beef?" female seasoned citizen video meme)

Comment

Originally posted by Longfellow View Post
                                Whiskey...

Tango...
                                . . . Foxtrot?

Comment

Working...
                                X