The finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The finder

After rereading this article I think it is legit. Prove me wrong...

https://www.wfmj.com/story/42315978/...-fenn-treasure
    ​​​​

Even if it's not actually from the finder, it's in the spirit of what the finder's viewpoint may logically be.

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol View Post
      Even if it's not actually from the finder, it's in the spirit of what the finder's viewpoint may logically be.
      It could make a caldera

Comment

Whiskey...

Tango...

Comment

I would say that the photo that was supplied is 8 years old.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	profile.JPG Views:	0 Size:	107.8 KB ID:	184355
          http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.ph...c2bc44.1230766
          There is something about him saying he won't show his face, and a photo that isn't showing his face, that was uploaded to his apple computer 8 years ago. Hmm?
          Last edited by OH!!; 08-01-2020, 01:24 PM.
          What you deny or ignore, you DELAY. What you accept and face, you CONQUER.

Comment

this article was released before the state was announced so its possible. it is also possible the two Karens are holding up the press release with their silly law suits, so this could be legit. I'd do the same thing, wait till law suits are thrown out then go public.
            i would prefer not to have the location reveled just yet, either set a deadline or throw us a bone.

Comment

I reread it as well, at your suggestion. The wording is still confusing. (I paraphrase: )

a. Maybe in the future interview he will tell the found state.
              b. Maybe in the future interview he will tell two states in which it was not located.
              c. For 100% guarantee the public will know where it was found when he tells (‘them’ the public, or ‘you’ me? us?)

I get that the future interview hadn’t been worked out yet, and perhaps he was thinking two interviews ahead- the first in which he eliminated two contending states and the second where he perhaps would guarantee to tell the correct option remaining.

Then there are the aberrations. (And I’m not talking about the $99 press release fee for the ad). I’m talking about the observation the website appears to be from Youngstown, Ohio, yet he is from Augusta, Maine? And then there’s the misspelling (?) of patients/ patience. Taking these aberrations together and jumping on the current fad of anagramming, YOAMTSCE at first appears to be an inflorescence joke about how no one ‘raceme’ to the top, but I have no evidence he is either arrogant or cheeky.
              My final conclusion, therefore, is: ACME TOYS.
              I think he is teasing that the solve somehow involves round bombs, strapping oneself with rope to a rocket, train tunnels created with pocket paint, and/ or heavy anvils. Final analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Hataska
                It is the date and time the ICC Profile used by that image was first created, doesn't prove when the image was taken.
                It was the time it was placed on his apple computer.
                Here is one of Fenn's photo's and it gives the date.

Fenn
                http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.ph...da7e292.205079
                Also note the similar metadata as far as computer (apple)
                Finder
                Last edited by OH!!; 08-01-2020, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Presque vu View Post

I have a feeling guy in the pic may be a tad smidge narcissistic
                  with a side order of douche-sauce.

Whatcha wanna bet in his next photo shoot he's wearing on of these bad boys;
                  talk about a BLAZE ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSjwUNivmS8&t=7s

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

I have a feeling guy in the pic may be a tad smidge narcissistic
                    with a side order of douche-sauce.

Whatcha wanna bet in his next photo shoot he's wearing on of these bad boys;
                    talk about a BLAZE ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSjwUNivmS8&t=7s
                    LOL!! YES!!

And a stained wife beater shirt to put his skinny “guns” on display.

Comment

You want to be anonymous, yet you're talking. You say you can't travel, yet you could. I do not believe releasing info. would compromise the lawsuits. You coming out would clear up the lawsuits. The plaintiffs in both cases have already clearly stated where they think the treasure was and what happened. In a link I posted elsewhere Forrests's attorney stated that ownership of the Treasure is obtained solely by finding the treasure, not solving or decoding the poem. If you are not in possession of the Treasure, then how is it possible you are the Finder? I'm not buying this story.

Comment

This, and any such claim, could easily be corroborated by a simple word from Fenn. It wouldn't put all the doubts to bed, but it would be a start. "prove me wrong" - that's not how a burden of proof works. Why would our 'finder' freely give the state if he was hoping for a book or interview? The announcement would have been enough. My 'patients' is wearing thin.
                        Last edited by deano; 08-01-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Presque vu View Post

Hi P.V.
                          I was wondering if you could prove it is legit and/or correct. Works both ways.
                          Don’t whine because the Chase is over, but smile because it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                            I would say that the photo that was supplied is 8 years old.
                            Click image for larger version Name:	profile.JPG Views:	0 Size:	107.8 KB ID:	184355
                            There is something about him saying he won't show his face, and a photo that isn't showing his face, that was uploaded to his apple computer 8 years ago. Hmm?
                            How about this theory for 8 yrs old. An eternal battery could of died and caused the devise to reset its time when ever it’s powered down. My GoPro now does that to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Little r View Post

How about this theory for 8 yrs old. An eternal battery could of died and caused the devise to reset its time when ever it’s powered down. My GoPro now does that to me.
                              This is photo data, so the data you see is attached to the computer. You are seeing the date the photo was added onto the computer. But I understand you scenario, but once the computer is connected to the internet, all time is automatically updated. There are ways a date change can happen and it may be the case here, but my assumption is that we will never here from this fella again. After all, just here on "THOR" there were thirty people saying they were the finder. You want to stay anonymous and then you don't just doesn't stack up. My opinion, there isn't a finder until he reveals himself. There are many searchers that would pay top dollar for a piece in the chest. Staying silent is blackmarket value..............

The photo has had a name change to Mr. E
                              Mr. East maybe. Ha-ha......
                              Last edited by OH!!; 08-01-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X