Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YNP Rules - What if it wasn't abandoned or lost, just placed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Longfellow View Post
    Curious what your PIBTHOB was. Fisherman’s Pullout below Bison Peak?
    To be honest...all of these HoB possibilities led me to the same wooden sign where my awareness took its first few steps (FFs awareness took its first few steps on TTOTC p15, and his father hammered in the wooden sign on p16):
    -Lamar Valley (and all of its brown wildlife)
    -Lamar Buffalo Ranch
    -The Fisherman’s Pullout (put in) before the canyon
    -The Bannock Trail

Attached Files
    Last edited by AllenK; 08-01-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllenK View Post

To be honest...all of these HoB possibilities led me to the same wooden sign where my awareness took its first few steps (like on p15 - TTOTC):
      -Lamar Valley (and all of its brown wildlife)
      -Lamar Buffalo Ranch
      -The Fisherman’s Pullout (put in) before the canyon
      -The Bannock Trail

Yep. We’ve stomped a lot of the same ground. The Lamar Valley sign (no other signs around, so it was easy to notice; maybe he was waving that in our faces) which signified to me the division between the Lamar Valley and the Lamar Canyon at the foot of Bison Peak, a geographic feature named after a brown animal (Forrest’s favorite animal) which is just another justification for the capitalization of Brown along with Ranger Gary Brown’s home at LBR (perspective of the Page 99 drawing is below LBR), Lamar Valley being referred to Valley of the Brown by YNP Rangers (can’t confirm that; it’s hearsay). Then there is geographical draw feature from the Lamar Valley sign leading down to the river. Et cetera, et cetera...

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post
        There are so many remote spots in YNP with PLANE CRASHES ...

the cockpit is a spot Fenn went "in alone" and ... abandoned (BAILED out of)

One legal way for him to LEGALLY leave TC in YNP is to ENTOMB it in the cockpit
        of one of his old planes ... he could leave this at one of the crash sites, camouflage it
        with leaves, and no one would ever think there might be a HIDDEN TREASURE in there ...
        not a cave. also not buried.

can you think of a BOLDER spot than the cockpit of a fighter plane?

I sure CANT.
        You got me thinking about planes...and then Amelia Earhart and came upon this article. She was building a cabin near Meeteetse WY before her disappearance. Sounds ideal, quiet, right next to Wood River (in the Wood).

https://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...268d03685.html

Comment

Working...
        X