The Key that is ... Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Key that is ... Key

Anyone who denies the key role ELECTRICITY plays in the Thrill, simply hasn't honored Fenn's request to "listen good" ...

We have the mysterious double-OMEGA symbols at the end of Fenn's book (Omegas being symbols for Ohms or electrical resistance)
    The poem talks of "draw," "heavy loads" and on and on.
    Too far to walk, many have translated as "242" or "to ... 42."
    Not only is TC 42 lbs, but many automobiles boast 42 Volt electrical systems.

Everywhere you look, ELECTRICITY abides.

In fact, even the "state" TC is found in, speaks to the electrical ...

Y-Ohming -or- Why-Ohming (is this a treatise suggesting "resistance" would be futile?)

Further references to the ELEMENTAL include:
    - talk of the FOUR ELEMENTS affecting TC
    - illustrations boasting GIGANTIC plumes of SMOKE (and where there's smoke ...)
    - constant reference to fire's inimical foe, WATER (whether high, warm, or halted)
    and on and on and on ...

Since Fenn mentions a word that is KEY and he's also known to be an avid collector
    of curio, relics, talismans and historical objects fraught with lore ...

Has no one considered that the rusted KEY inside TC
    may be the very KEY Ben Franklin tied to his kite
    when he decided to rob the gods of electricity
    and steal their FIRE ...

would you put a move like this past Fenn?
    I sure wouldn't.

Franklin, after all, is known to have used: '
    a SILK STRING (remember the spider's SILK-spun threads inside TC?)
    a HOUSE KEY
    and a jar
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	183340

Sound familiar?

It would make sense that this key would be heavily rusted, given that Franklin used a regular "house key."

I can't say for certain the above is in fact the case, but knowing Fenn, who can say for a fact that it isn't?

The man, after all, does own Sitting Bull's Peace Pipe, not to mention the spoon Julius Caesar used to stir his world famous orange-flavored smoothies.

https://www.fi.edu/benjamin-franklin...key-experiment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	769.6 KB ID:	183341
    Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 07-29-2020, 03:40 PM.

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post
    Anyone who denies the key role ELECTRICITY plays in the Thrill, simply hasn't honored Fenn's request to "listen good" ...

We have the mysterious double-OMEGA symbols at the end of Fenn's book (Omegas being symbols for Ohms or electrical resistance)

Y-Ohming -or- Why-Ohming (is this a treatise suggesting "resistance" would be futile?)

- constant reference to fire's inimical foe, WATER (whether high, warm, or halted)
    and on and on and on ...

Since Fenn mentions a word that is KEY and he's also known to be an avid collector

and steal their FIRE ...

I sure wouldn't.

a HOUSE KEY
    and a jar
    Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	183340

Sound familiar?

It would make sense that this key would be heavily rusted, given that Franklin used a regular "house key."

I can't say for certain the above is in fact the case, but knowing Fenn, who can say for a fact that it isn't?

The man, after all, does own Sitting Bull's Peace Pipe, not to mention the spoon Julius Caesar used to stir his world famous orange-flavored smoothies.

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	769.6 KB ID:	183341
    Is Lisa Cesare aware of this?

Comment

and on and on and on ...

and steal their FIRE ...

I sure wouldn't.

a HOUSE KEY
      and a jar
      Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	183340

Sound familiar?

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	769.6 KB ID:	183341
      From there it's no place for the meek, the end is drawing ever nigh anagrams to: Redford knew the chief, gain permit reveals three tone ohm sign. The gain permit was a pass accessing public land that was required in New Mexico from 2005 to 2016.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

From there it's no place for the meek, the end is drawing ever nigh anagrams to: Redford knew the chief, gain permit reveals three tone ohm sign. The gain permit was a pass accessing public land that was required in New Mexico from 2005 to 2016.
        and here I was thinking You didn't anagram. (looks like all the masks are coming off here at the finnish line)

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
          the end is drawing ever nigh anagrams to: Redford knew the chief, gain permit reveals three tone ohm sign. The gain permit was a pass accessing public land that was required in New Mexico from 2005 to 2016.
          "today he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming." f

"Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana." f

Then again, perhaps not....

Comment

and here I was thinking You didn't anagram. (looks like all the masks are coming off here at the finnish line)
            I’m subtle like that.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
            --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post

Then again, perhaps not....
              Perhance not.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

I've posted about the Franklin connection a few times. He also invented a fireplace.

Here you'll find a 'double omega' so to speak:
                https://www.yellowstonegate.com/2012...erious-graves/

https://www.destinationyellowstone.c...hill-cemetary/

Franklin fireplace:
                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_stove
                Last edited by flytomoon; 07-29-2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flytomoon View Post
                  I've posted about the Franklin connection a few times. He also invented a fireplace.

It used to be known as Sepulcher Hill, that's interesting. Nice find flytomoon.

Comment

Originally posted by flytomoon View Post

I like this! And I remember Mattie Culver. Certainly a "worth the cold" reference.
                    Seem to remember one other Mattie as well, but Cant One forget the finer details as years go by.
                    And hey! don't be giving my solve away ... ah well, i was tired of it anyway.
                    ... and I'll have to look into BF inventing a fireplace. that math seems a bit off to me.

Comment

that always made me laugh. My last name has a ski!

Comment

Working...
                      X