Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finder's Name & Height ...

Put simply, the finder’s name is DEAN. Hear me out –

A while back, shortly after Fenn’s “gut feeling,” we got the SB about “Dizzy Dean” –

I think the finder had been close for a while, but for whatever reason, couldn’t quite reach tc.

Fenn did two things in this SB:
    1. He referenced the finder directly by name, perhaps to give him the faith he needed to continue his endeavors, as Fenn himself has said a searcher will only truly “know” they have solved the poem when they have TC in their hands, maybe Fenn thought a personal affirmation of some sort was needed in order to nudge the now finder across the goal line.
    2. Remember that Fenn published this SB, then edited it and “pulled out all the stops” – I think this is Fenn encouraging the finder to “try everything he could think of to reach TC.” Where we stand now looking back, given that TC was most likely just out of reach for our finder, it may have even been an encouragement to “stretch” for it.
    Let me lay something out here, and I don’t mean to offend any finder out there who is already struggling with their own self-image and or certain aspects of their appearance, but I believe our finder is quite SHORT.

Why?

Well, first, it’s Complex. Think NAPOLEON. It’s always guys with some sort of deficit who end up reaching lofty heights, usually because they always feel they have something to prove.
    Second, EVIDENCE. There is plenty of evidence if you read between the lines in Fenn’s writings that suggests the finder is a slight man. Allow me to explain –
    • The Dizzy Dean SB is encouraging finder to STRETCH. I think at this point Fenn was offering the little man genuine help and encouragement, but you know how sensitive some short guys can be – if this guy has stubby arms or tiny fingers, well even if Fenn meant good, we all know the slightest phrase that can ‘seem’ to be a ‘slight’ could set a short, ambitious man off like a little bottle rocket.
    (After this initial misunderstanding above, I think Fenn being a wily old Texan and maverick just said f-it, and went with it, aka. started goading our wee-hero. How?)
    • Belay – Fenn used the term “belay” in a certain SB -- yet we all known per Fenn’s previous statements the treasure isn’t in a high, dangerous place; I interpret use of this specific term “belay” as Fenn’s subtle way of poking fun at a man too short to reach an otherwise quite attainable treasure.
    • Ladder – as there is a LADDER emblazoned on Indulgence’s face, maybe the average man would have to climb a small bit to reach TC, but perhaps the one thing Fenn didn’t consider when secreting TC, were the limitations of the vertically challenged.
    • GOAT – the goat Fenn writes about wasn’t just any goat. It was a tiny one. I imagine this SB had the finder positively fuming. Also I imagine the little man had probably taken quite a bit of time off from contacting Fenn, effectively “pouting,” and had just re-emerged from his little cloud of melancholy to reach out to Fenn. This SB was Fenn’s way of saying “my tiny little goat has finally come back to me.”
    • Little dolls -- why do you think Fenn started putting up images of his "special little dolls" and even going as far as to list their "heights" (in inches).
    • Tom Thumb references abide. Think about it.
    • Ice cream -- a NAPOLEON joke.
    • "Shy" – Come on, folks. With Fenn, words always mean more. This one is easy – look it up. It means “just short of.”
    • "Back East" – again, easy. Dizzy “DEAN” gave us the guy’s name. this one then is a rather obvious East of Eden joke, about a male heir who can’t quite “live up” to this father’s expectations. Also, in measuring poles, Asiatic mean are known to be the shortest on earth. (and note, James Dean, as handsome and talented a mug as he was, was a bit self-conscious about his height or lack thereof. Legend has it he also had a beef with Brando, but that’s another story altogether.)

I won’t keep beating the tiny horse here, but if you read back through the SB’s, almost all of them are filled with little guy jabs.

I believe some time between when the finder “retrieved” TC and Fenn first knew our Napoleon was just inches away, Fenn snuck back to the hidey spot and slipped that little bitty twig in the top of the box – why?

To help pull the little fellow up? Perhaps with some personal note that the finder could surely use it as his cane or “walking stick” when he got older?

Whatever the case may be, one thing is certain …

There’s some conflict between Fenn & finder. Always has been. Neither of these guys is writing love ballads about the other. I’d be surprised with this much piss and vinegar, if we even get a solve, or a book, or much of anything really at this point, aside from a few final "little man" jokes.

Oh, and Fenn’s “I’ll be back” statement was an obvious threat to TERMINATE the whole deal, because this little man was pouting. If there’s one thing an old school cowboy hates, it’s a damn pouter!

And didn’t Fenn say “give me a MINUTE” -- you have to HEAR the jibe in this statement -- don’t think MEN-EWWW-T. Think MY-Newt! (phonetics). Simply one more way of Fenn saying “I asked for a HERO and instead I got this tiny frog-looking snowflake.”

And regarding Fenn's saying “sorry folks. give me a minute.” Doesn't this sound just like a father taking his fussy little toddler to the MEN’S room to give him a well-deserved spanking because he won’t stop crying whining and making a fuss?

The stars, IMO, were basically Fenn’s way of calling the finder a SNOWFLAKE (asterisk = star formation) and asking the finder if he needed a star pinned on his lapel to feel special … finder may even be a millennial – you know how that generation is, most all of them feeling like they deserve a little trophy telling them they’re “special.”
    Is the treasure even in WYOMING, I begin to ask. Wyoming, after all, is the EQUALITY state. One possibility is that the finder, now that he has obtained TC, keeps whining for EQUALITY (you know how short guys are always seeking recognition and stature). Well, there’s no way Fenn is going to get manipulated into making some phony public announcement about how now he and finder are somehow “equals” just because this guy solved the riddle. So instead, a statement about WYOMING is Fenn’s cheeky way of saying – THERE little fellow. There’s your “equality.”

Fenn made a promise to let the finder control the when and where, and as a man of his word, he's keeping it. But Fenn never made any promises about not poking fun at the eventual finder, should he want to. Read between the lines in this saga and I think you'll begin to see what's really going on. The gloves have come off folks. Little man jibes are flying left, right and center. (I think KPro may even know this. She sure knows something the way she kept grinning in her last video.)

Oh, and don’t doubt for a French minute that Fenn’s late SB referencing Daffodils and the word “retarded” was his way of calling our finder a Narcissist stunted in growth. In time, some politically correct types may eventually throw Fenn under the bus for his coded slams. But at least it won't be a SHORT bus. And you gotta at least respect an old school country dude who calls it like he sees it, come hell or ... not so high ... water.

I don’t know about you, but this 'minute' little finder is really starting to piss me off. Have some empathy, little dude! And cheer up! You found Forrest Fenn's hidden treasure. Don't make this moment about your height and pissy little feelings!

Millennials. Wouldn’t you just know it’d turn out to be something like this.

(PS: Can O' Pee / Stars)-- I can't help wondering, when these two finally agreed to meet and "get together for a drink" -- did Fenn crack open a beer while little man rolled up with a Venti Chai Soy latte?
    And given the wording, the real question is, when he wasn't looking ... did Fenn really pee in this snowflake's Starbucks?!!!
    Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 07-28-2020, 08:13 AM.

* Maybe "Educating Ardi" was Fenn's way of letting us know he's having to school a little fellow who won't grow up.

And could "cold coffee in a hot cup" mean what I think it means?!!

(if you are ever drinking COLD beer with your buddies and you get up to go pee leaving half a bottle sitting there with some devious, obstreperous friends,
    and you return to find your bottle feels WARM to the touch ... whatever you do, DON'T DRINK IT!)

I have a gut-feeling our finder may have learned this lesson the hard way ...

Comment

I think the dude has shark skin!

Comment

Listen----We could all work on our manners and treatment of each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x6o_tBU8DU

Comment

Found em!...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200728-093813_Google.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	182831

Next guess ~

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200728-093915_Google.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	542.8 KB
ID:	182832

t
          Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

Comment

I'm not dizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
              I'm not dizzy.
              height, please

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post
                * Maybe "Educating Ardi" was Fenn's way of letting us know he's having to school a little fellow who won't grow up.

And could "cold coffee in a hot cup" mean what I think it means?!!

(if you are ever drinking COLD beer with your buddies and you get up to go pee leaving half a bottle sitting there with some devious, obstreperous friends,
                and you return to find your bottle feels WARM to the touch ... whatever you do, DON'T DRINK IT!)

I have a gut-feeling our finder may have learned this lesson the hard way ...
                I love it! It sure sounds like at least some of your insights may be spot on. Whatever the case, I hope the finder can man up, get his house in order and come out and share something meaningful with us all. This silence is deafening.

Comment

Originally posted by Dampenedmyth View Post

I love it! It sure sounds like at least some of your insights may be spot on. Whatever the case, I hope the finder can man up, get his house in order and come out and share something meaningful with us all. This silence is deafening.
                  So you're saying you don't ... Enjoy the Silence?

Comment

6'3". Is the UK back east?

Seriously though, I emailed Fenn the day before the find announcement. Gave me a real fright. I asked him how many literary references were in the poem, and if he'd noticed any coincidences/happy acciedents/mistakes in his poem since it was published.

There is a Dean on Dal's site too.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                      6'3". Is the UK back east?

Seriously though, I emailed Fenn the day before the find announcement. Gave me a real fright. I asked him how many literary references were in the poem, and if he'd noticed any coincidences/happy acciedents/mistakes in his poem since it was published.

There is a Dean on Dal's site too.
                      6'03" you said? yeah, okay, rub it in why don't ya ... https://dalneitzel.com/2018/09/30/sc...red-ninetyone/

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

So you're saying you don't ... Enjoy the Silence?
                        I certainly enjoy silence. The funny thing is I’m not getting a lot of that lately. What I am getting a lot of useless flak about how my solve was so wrong that I must be absolutely crazy to think I even had a clue. But, that isn’t actually bothering me.

What I would like, would be to know the story about how the finder solved and retrieved the chest. That is a tale I would love to hear.

I’m not holding my breath though. I suspect it’s going to be a while.

Comment

"Gift of glib in a good way" That'd be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dampenedmyth View Post

I certainly enjoy silence. The funny thing is I’m not getting a lot of that lately. What I am getting a lot of useless flak about how my solve was so wrong that I must be absolutely crazy to think I even had a clue. But, that isn’t actually bothering me.

What I would like, would be to know the story about how the finder solved and retrieved the chest. That is a tale I would love to hear.

I’m not holding my breath though. I suspect it’s going to be a while.
                            We're all chasing some good tail. Let's hope Fenn's procurement skills have stayed sharp through retirement and maybe our desires will be answered.
                            All good things come to an end. But do all good ends come to a thing? I sure hope my grandpa wasn't lying.

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post
                              I think the dude has shark skin!
                              yeah, but prolly only on his boots, and only prolly then so no gd sneaks stare at his feet!
                              Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 07-28-2020, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X