Step 1 towards resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

meadow meadow meadow lark mattered in my solve. I couldn’t make meadowlark work.
    I had meadow lark as playful in a meadow too. The one I liked best, but couldn't make work (I was in MT, West Yellowstone after all) was that he doesn't mention the narrator of Catcher in The Rye by name. When I said it outloud slowly it made me laugh because Holden Caufield sure sounded like Holed in Cow Field. I had a great cowfield and an idea that "found the blaze" meant to "start the fire." As in, the blaze was something you created. I got there through a lot of nonsense about him getting fired and enduring two firings/fire rings. That and that the people in the sketches were only happy around fires. Every other person in those sketches looked pretty miserable to me. And a million fun ideas that yielded nothing but transitioning to other ideas.

For a while, I was pretty sure that the reason you don't paddle up your creek, just heavy loads and water high, was because this clue would take place in the future. After you "found/started" the blaze you'd go "Holy shit! I founded the blaze" and then need to run to the creek to carry water to put it out. Heavy loads would be what you carried from the creek and water high the steam after you threw water on the fire. This worked well for "Brave and in the wood" too because it would be wet firewood and you might get burned.

Alas, no treasure for me. Still working it though. It's gotta be in that book somewhere. I think my problem was always grabbing the wrong things and thinking they were hints. There's not much wood in that book, but "Helping father make fire wood" as a caption on that photo always tripped me out. Because where I live firewood is one word. So when I stared at that I thought, a father making fire is a founding father. Found the blaze?

I just feel dumb even writing that out but maybe it's worth a laugh for someone who needs one.

Comment

Originally posted by June Did Everything Right View Post

I had meadow lark as playful in a meadow too. The one I liked best, but couldn't make work (I was in MT, West Yellowstone after all) was that he doesn't mention the narrator of Catcher in The Rye by name. When I said it outloud slowly it made me laugh because Holden Caufield sure sounded like Holed in Cow Field. I had a great cowfield and an idea that "found the blaze" meant to "start the fire." As in, the blaze was something you created. I got there through a lot of nonsense about him getting fired and enduring two firings/fire rings. That and that the people in the sketches were only happy around fires. Every other person in those sketches looked pretty miserable to me. And a million fun ideas that yielded nothing but transitioning to other ideas.

For a while, I was pretty sure that the reason you don't paddle up your creek, just heavy loads and water high, was because this clue would take place in the future. After you "found/started" the blaze you'd go "Holy shit! I founded the blaze" and then need to run to the creek to carry water to put it out. Heavy loads would be what you carried from the creek and water high the steam after you threw water on the fire. This worked well for "Brave and in the wood" too because it would be wet firewood and you might get burned.

Alas, no treasure for me. Still working it though. It's gotta be in that book somewhere. I think my problem was always grabbing the wrong things and thinking they were hints. There's not much wood in that book, but "Helping father make fire wood" as a caption on that photo always tripped me out. Because where I live firewood is one word. So when I stared at that I thought, a father making fire is a founding father. Found the blaze?

I just feel dumb even writing that out but maybe it's worth a laugh for someone who needs one.
      Such a "constitutional" thot - love it!

Comment

Very good brain storming
        I wondered about sound and smell as the blaze for a short time

Comment

Nice thoughts! Since heavy loads and water high are set in the future, I wonder if we truly ever get there.
          Last edited by Moody Chameleon; 07-29-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

It makes sense to me! Nothing dumb about it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post

It seems obvious to me neither f nor the finder are done with the chase. They are both still paying attention...
              Let me say it again...

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post

It's interesting to me that there's been no movement to speak of on that front since the find. Just pictures of FF with the chest. Imagine if the guy just wanted to put it on his shelf, or sell it off piece by piece under the table.
                Wasn't there something in "The Catcher in the Rye" about selling/buying a piece? Maybe I need some wiggle room, but when I tell the tail I generally refur to the thing as a "conversation piece".

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Wasn't there something in "The Catcher in the Rye" about selling/buying a piece? Maybe I need some wiggle room, but when I tell the tail I generally refur to the thing as a "conversation piece".
                  Wouldn't it be bizarre if the key hint from 'The Catcher in the Rye' was the cover art, rather than the content of the book? Particularly when the cover art was produced decades before Forrest conceived of the Chase. This may be one time when searchers should have judged a book by its cover.

Comment

Originally posted by YNP Solve View Post

Wouldn't it be bizarre if the key hint from 'The Catcher in the Rye' was the cover art, rather than the content of the book? Particularly when the cover art was produced decades before Forrest conceived of the Chase. This may be one time when searchers should have judged a book by its cover.
                    Now that is an interesting thot.....

Comment

Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

Now that is an interesting thot.....
                        It is 99.333% likely to be fact... maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post

It's my opinion he's dug himself a hole. Who will spend a million on the chest without full knowledge of where it was found? If you don't share the location, no one will touch it. And, if it was found in Yellowstone, who's going to buy it knowing it was retrieved illegally?

As I've said, the only way forward is to reveal the solve, that's not where the money is, the money's in the chest and the story. The public has moved on...

What about the autobiography? You know home of Brown is in there. So, who should reveal hoB first? Do you want to be seen as proactive or reactive, it matters.

What if the true solve is out here alread, how does that factor into all of this?

There is one thing however I know for sure, the truth always comes out eventually. Choose wisely finder...
                          Actually private anonymous sales of artifacts and antiquities are quite common. I am sure Fenn would broker for a fee. True solve from Finder has little value unless validated and annotated by Forrest. Negotiations are part of the third act.

This is up to Fenn.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200801-101141_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	334.9 KB ID:	184558
                            Just brainstorming
                            What if it had to do with a Hold in the Coalfield?
                            Or his full name~ Hold in more ore, I say coal field.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200802-000645_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	252.7 KB ID:	184559

Interesting things come out of PA and coal gas was important back then too.

Well I could use a warm bath.. y'all take care.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200802-001157_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	408.9 KB ID:	184560
                            Cool stereo picture, why's there a pole stuck in him?

t
                            Last edited by Castellaw1685; 08-01-2020, 11:37 PM.
                            Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
                              Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200801-101141_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	334.9 KB ID:	184558
                              Just brainstorming
                              What if it had to do with a Hold in the Coalfield?
                              Or his full name~ Hold in more ore, I say coal field.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200802-000645_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	252.7 KB ID:	184559

Interesting things come out of PA and coal gas was important back then too.

Well I could use a warm bath.. y'all take care.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200802-001157_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	408.9 KB ID:	184560
                              Cool stereo picture, why's there a pole stuck in him?

t
                              Catcher was an elective in my hs, choose between that and Catch-22. I have to say I've never read Catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by YNP Solve View Post

Isn’t that why they put covers on books — so you can judge them?

Holden sure did know that park like the back of his hand... ✌️

Comment

Working...
                                X