Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Etymology of the word Wyoming.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
    Where is the word "chest" in that statement? Your statement is revisionist history. The whole purpose of the OP was to bring attention to the meaning of words. The chest wasn't found in Wyoming. Treasure is where you find it. The treasure was found in a big river flat in Cimarron Canyon New Mexico.
    Basically you are accusing f of being deceiving. The treasure is the chest; Meaning the treasure/chest was found in the state of Wyoming.

    We'll just have to agree to disagree...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post

      Basically you are accusing f of being deceiving. The treasure is the chest; Meaning the treasure/chest was found in the state of Wyoming.

      We'll just have to agree to disagree...
      Your the one that called forrest a liar and now deceiving. Shame on you !

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Quest View Post

        Your the one that called forrest a liar and now deceiving. Shame on you !
        It's "you're" number one. And do tell, how did I call Forrest a liar or deceiving?

        This aught to be good...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post

          It's "you're" number one. And do tell, how did I call Forrest a liar or deceiving?

          This aught to be good...
          Liar and deceiving were your words .

          Pretty simple, eh !

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Quest View Post

            Liar and deceiving were your words .

            Pretty simple, eh !
            You can't twist my words too, they're here in writing...

            In a response to Anna Graham I said he was calling f deceiving. Don't take words out of context. I used them, to describe someone else....

            You said: "Your the one that called Forrest a liar and now deceiving. Shame on you !" (Quest)

            Shame on you, for twisting someone else's words. I've known many like you throughout the years.

            You don't twist someones words, because truth is all that matters.

            I'm the one that thinks f is a man of honor, and have stood up for him in numerous circumstances. I have never called f a liar...

            Do I call f a liar if I think the chest wasn't found in the state of Wyoming? Yes, and you know why? Because he also said this! "Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana." f

            That's clear as day, homey.... And that's where I'm from...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
              Thank you AG!
              Brings back memories of my grandpa watching that show!...
              Here's another angle on Wyoming ~
              W/yo-ming

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-021227_Google.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	623.3 KB
ID:	183562

              Basketball
              Ba-s-ke-b-all
              Sheep yes, key be all.. or
              Bask-et-b-all?
              Basket-b-all?

              I donno, just thinking loudly..
              Here's some things I found interesting "in the woods "---

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-071007_Facebook.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	183566

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-071047_Facebook.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	183563

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-070912_Facebook.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	183565

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-070825_Facebook.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	987.6 KB
ID:	183564

              Hope y'all have a wonderus day.

              t
              Those are AMAZING. Really love the last one.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post

                You can't twist my words too, they're here in writing...

                In a response to Anna Graham I said he was calling f deceiving. Don't take words out of context. I used them, to describe someone else....

                You said: "Your the one that called Forrest a liar and now deceiving. Shame on you !" (Quest)

                Shame on you, for twisting someone else's words. I've known many like you throughout the years.

                You don't twist someones words, because truth is all that matters.

                I'm the one that thinks f is a man of honor, and have stood up for him in numerous circumstances. I have never called f a liar...

                Do I call f a liar if I think the chest wasn't found in the state of Wyoming? Yes, and you know why? Because he also said this! "Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana." f

                That's clear as day, homey.... And that's where I'm from...
                Like I said, you stated forrest was a liar and deceiving.

                Neither of the posters you attribute those words to had stated such. They were your words and you can't change that. You created the context. You made false allegations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Quest View Post

                  Like I said, you stated forrest was a liar and deceiving.

                  Neither of the posters you attribute those words to had stated such. They were your words and you can't change that. You created the context. You made false allegations.
                  Now I'm blocking you...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post

                    Now I'm blocking you...
                    Bye bye Diablo

                    Comment


                    • Colorado name comes from Rio Colorado which means Red River

                      Montana name means place of many mountains

                      New Mexico name comes from Valley Mexico which is a plateau

                      So treasure was not found at a red river, a place of many mountains or a plateau.
                      It was found in Wyoming (a river flat)

                      Hope that gives some closure. Probably less people searched river flats than Yellowstone.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

                        Lack the filter, isnt that special. God, you are self righteous Prick Zapster.
                        Wow: you're throwing insults before I've even given you the challenge?! If I appear to be "self righteous" it's because I'm an expert cryptanalyst, and I know what is and isn't possible in the anagram world. So yes: boasts like yours happen to annoy me. But rather than waste time slinging counter-insults at you, I choose to try to educate by example.

                        "Are you going to tell me the rules of anagramming..."
                        There is no need. You clearly understand them.

                        "...and is there a theme?"

                        Because the challenge sentence as presented is discoverable on Google (though thankfully not its solution), I have ordered the words of that sentence alphabetically to thwart an easy search. This should not be a deterrent to your ability to solve it; indeed, I should have been able to just give you the letters all scrambled and by your claims you would be able to solve BOTH the question and the answer.

                        "ALAN CODE ENIGMA EXPOSES FOR HALTS HARD IT ROTOR THEIR TURING VISIONARY WAR"

                        There are 6.2 trillion ways to order those 13 words, though admittedly far fewer ways to build meaningful sentences. But that's not your problem. Your problem is to find the anagrammed solution -- a solution which happens to contain not one of those 13 words.

                        Now for two big helping hints:

                        1. The Dorabella Cipher (which, btw, remains unsolved to this day)
                        2. "... is there a theme?" Why yes: the word "theme" is in the solution

                        Good luck. I will provide more clues if you feel this is unfair or insufficient.
                        Last edited by Zapster; 07-31-2020, 12:18 AM. Reason: Adding the anagram challenge

                        Comment


                        • 'Quest' is more interested in what your words mean to them, rather then what you meant by your words...

                          Only the person who says something knows what they meant, and no one else has the right to change your meaning.

                          It is unfair in a conversation to twist someone else's words to fit their narrative. Truth is all that matters...

                          I am relishing in blocking 'Quest.'

                          Comment


                          • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgS50Y06bnY

                            Comment


                            • My bad ya'll. I'm always missing Chase Songs when I try to post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                                Wow: you're throwing insults before I've even given you the challenge?! If I appear to be "self righteous" it's because I'm an expert cryptanalyst, and I know what is and isn't possible in the anagram world. So yes: boasts like yours happen to annoy me. But rather than waste time slinging counter-insults at you, I choose to try to educate by example.

                                "Are you going to tell me the rules of anagramming..."
                                There is no need. You clearly understand them.

                                "...and is there a theme?"

                                Because the challenge sentence as presented is discoverable on Google (though thankfully not its solution), I have ordered the words of that sentence alphabetically to thwart an easy search. This should not be a deterrent to your ability to solve it; indeed, I should have been able to just give you the letters all scrambled and by your claims you would be able to solve BOTH the question and the answer.

                                "ALAN CODE ENIGMA EXPOSES FOR HALTS HARD IT ROTOR THEIR TURING VISIONARY WAR"

                                There are 6.2 trillion ways to order those 13 words, though admittedly far fewer ways to build meaningful sentences. But that's not your problem. Your problem is to find the anagrammed solution -- a solution which happens to contain not one of those 13 words.

                                Now for two big helping hints:

                                1. The Dorabella Cipher (which, btw, remains unsolved to this day)
                                2. "... is there a theme?" Why yes: the word "theme" is in the solution

                                Good luck. I will provide more clues if you feel this is unfair or insufficient.
                                Do I win an WWII enigma machine if I crack it? ALAN TURING, ENIGMA, VISIONARY, EXPOSES THEIR HARD ROTOR CODE, FOR IT HALTS WAR.

                                It took the 5 people six years to decipher the 6 puzzles. And do I have six years?

                                https://issuu.com/royalholloway/docs...31216170814_75
                                Last edited by Anna Graham; 07-31-2020, 02:18 AM.
                                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                                --Arthur Schopenhauer--

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X