• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post
    Those items were Fenn's way of saying "clothes, but no cigar!"
    Next week I'm filing for divorce.
    An the essence of anagrams right there! LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

I'm making an assumption that sweet cimarron is ...
      IMO, Cimmaron = "Simmer On" which is both a "don't overcook my poem" reference,
      as well as a subtle WWWH hint -- 242 symmetry with 212, via "all for one and 1-4 all" substitution.
      Simmer Down? Canning methods? Can yon (that one over yonder) down (reduce heat).
      All about temperatures and PRECISE cooking methods. Lewis Carroll. Numbers.
      Temps at which blood boils at altitude. So many references to all this.
      Whatcha wanna bet finder is a Chef, or at least knows his way around the Island?
      Maybe the "witness tree" was a Pan-Tree -- Tree of Life? Tree of EVERYTHING.
      And found in a PAN-Demic. This is getting all too weird. I think I need some lemon tea.
      Maybe even a Lemon-Cello ...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	yellow cello.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	183452

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

IMO, Cimmaron = "Simmer On" which is both a "don't overcook my poem" reference,
        as well as a subtle WWWH hint -- 242 symmetry with 212, via "all for one and 1-4 all" substitution.
        Simmer Down? Canning methods? Can yon (that one over yonder) down (reduce heat).
        All about temperatures and PRECISE cooking methods. Lewis Carroll. Numbers.
        Temps at which blood boils at altitude. So many references to all this.
        Whatcha wanna bet finder is a Chef, or at least knows his way around the Island?
        Maybe the "witness tree" was a Pan-Tree -- Tree of Life? Tree of EVERYTHING.
        And found in a PAN-Demic. This is getting all too weird. I think I need some lemon tea.
        Maybe even a Lemon-Cello ...
        No Martha, it does not. You are overcooking the poem.

anagrams to:

Ninth, camera points to oak tree, your turn, hoe good.
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
        --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

It may (I haven't bothered to confirm). It also anagrams to at least a hundred other possibilities -- some probably less stilted than your example.

I'm tempted to give you an anagram challenge, Anna Graham, that I solved many years ago as part of a multistage cipher challenge. It is comparable in length (and therefore difficulty) to the Fenn-related anagrams you've been preposing. The difference in this case is that the correct answer is known. I need to first confirm that you can't find the answer by Googling it, and if that's the case I'll post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
            It may (I haven't bothered to confirm). It also anagrams to at least a hundred other possibilities -- some probably less stilted than your example.

I'm tempted to give you an anagram challenge, Anna Graham, that I solved many years ago as part of a multistage cipher challenge. It is comparable in length (and therefore difficulty) to the Fenn-related anagrams you've been preposing. The difference in this case is that the correct answer is known. I need to first confirm that you can't find the answer by Googling it, and if that's the case I'll post it.
            Sure, I will take this proposed anagram challenge, I think we were all drawn to the chase because of the game element. I’m just curious what purpose it will serve? To see if I am capable of anagramming?

i was just following the instructions given at the beginning of the poem.

As I have gone alone in there and with my treasures bold.

anagrams to:

In here lies tub, three ways to solve anagram add nine.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
            --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

So hear me all and listen good, your effort will be worth the cold, (add ix) anagrams to: Longitude thirty six, follow ash colored tree mallow beforehand.

If you are brave and in the wood, I give you title to the gold, anagrams to Latitude one o five eight, behold doorway intuit voyager.

I haven't paid much attention to OH's solve, since the presentation is weak, and he has a tendency to ramble, but did he anagram the Latitude and Longitude in the poem?
              Yes in the first line.

A IV THREE, A ONE OH NINE AS LEG = A 43, a 109 as journey.

A million confirmers to these two coordinates that OH! has posted. Overwhelming is truly an understatement. Please read his threads.

Comment

Sure, I will take this proposed anagram challenge, I think we were all drawn to the chase because of the game element. I’m just curious what purpose it will serve? To see if I am capable of anagramming?
                I don't think anyone denies you are capable of anagramming a series of words. The question is whether you can distinguish a correct solution from a false one. I am proposing that you lack that filter, and my test will potentially illustrate that.

You will almost certainly come up with something that uses all the letters, but I predict it will bear no resemblance to the correct solution. That will be the point of my exercise: to show the futility of attempting overly long anagrams.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

I don't think anyone denies you are capable of anagramming a series of words. The question is whether you can distinguish a correct solution from a false one. I am proposing that you lack that filter, and my test will potentially illustrate that.

You will almost certainly come up with something that uses all the letters, but I predict it will bear no resemblance to the correct solution. That will be the point of my exercise: to show the futility of attempting overly long anagrams.
                  Lack the filter, isnt that special. God, you are self righteous Prick Zapster. Bring it on, but are you going to tell me the rules of anagramming, and is there a theme? Are you going to give me any information, for context about what I am solving. Namely is it single line, double line and double line adding something. I say this because it took me 15 months from the time I began the chase just to determine that it was 3 separate anagrams, single line, double line and double line adding (ix). If you've read my solution, you'll notice that the architect tied double lines together where possible, for example bow- redford, birth-place, bath-tub, sign-up, squeeze-catsup. So far from being an exercise in futility, there was a method to his madness.
                  Last edited by Anna Graham; 07-30-2020, 02:27 AM.
                  --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Shark View Post

Yes in the first line.

A million confirmers to these two coordinates that OH! has posted. Overwhelming is truly an understatement. Please read his threads.
                    What is he Lawrence Welk, a one and a two and a three and a four, especially since he uses iv for four, sounds like a forced anagram to me. Area he have to go nine lines, makes a lot more sense to me.

Last edited by Anna Graham; 07-30-2020, 02:12 AM.
                    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Thank you AG!
                      Brings back memories of my grandpa watching that show!...
                      Here's another angle on Wyoming ~
                      W/yo-ming

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-021227_Google.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	623.3 KB
ID:	183562

Basketball
                      Ba-s-ke-b-all
                      Sheep yes, key be all.. or
                      Bask-et-b-all?
                      Basket-b-all?

I donno, just thinking loudly..
                      Here's some things I found interesting "in the woods "---

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-071007_Facebook.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	183566

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-071047_Facebook.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	183563

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-070912_Facebook.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	183565

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-070825_Facebook.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	987.6 KB
ID:	183564

Hope y'all have a wonderus day.

t
                      Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

Comment

My only point is, the correct solution may be associated with several different angles. Possibly many different symbolisms too. Which could make it harder unless in the correct area and state of mind. Be my guest...
                        Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post
                          Forrest was very clear about his definition of his use of Wyoming in his statement!

"Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana." f

Game over
                          Dear GdFrog Sir/ Madam: If you indeed understand Forrest's trove was found in the 44th state admitted to the union of the United States, why may I ask are you still posting and haven't moved on? If it is indeed as you said "Game over" Thank you for your kind reply
                          1f
                          P.S. I'm not one much of a speller or good at puntuation, however I think it should be "The game IS over."
                          Last edited by Sherif Billy; 07-30-2020, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
                            My only point is, the correct solution may be associated with several different angles. Possibly many different symbolisms too. Which could make it harder unless in the correct area and state of mind. Be my guest...
                            If you are sane and in a triangle of wood... who knows? No really... maybe I need to stop twitching first.

Comment

Originally posted by Shark View Post

Yes in the first line.

OH's solve is the only one ive read that can explain each clue and that i feel actually makes sense. is his solve correct, i dont know but if you're going to solve a riddle OH's method appears to be the way to do it, compiling multiple methods to get answers and not taking the clue words at face value.
                              given the poem took 15 years to create you have to assume there's more to it than re-arranging letters to make new words.
                              OH deleted his threads thanks to some bone munch pissing him off a couple days ago, so thanks for that (dont remember the user), i was still reading through them.
                              Last edited by ragingclue!; 07-30-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
                                Thank you AG!
                                Brings back memories of my grandpa watching that show!...
                                Here's another angle on Wyoming ~
                                W/yo-ming

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200730-021227_Google.jpg Views:	45 Size:	623.3 KB ID:	183562

Basketball
                                Ba-s-ke-b-all
                                Sheep yes, key be all.. or
                                Bask-et-b-all?
                                Basket-b-all?

I donno, just thinking loudly..
                                Here's some things I found interesting "in the woods "---

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200730-071007_Facebook.jpg Views:	39 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	183566

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200730-071047_Facebook.jpg Views:	39 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	183563

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200730-070912_Facebook.jpg Views:	39 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	183565

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200730-070825_Facebook.jpg Views:	39 Size:	987.6 KB ID:	183564

Hope y'all have a wonderus day.

t
                                Nice "in the wood" pics, CW!

I have a family friend who is a rather talented sculptor; you may have seen (or even sat on) one of his works if you've ever eaten at a Rainforest Cafe. Several decades ago he was commissioned to hand-carve an "Indian Pony" from a single, quite sizable piece of wood. The precise number of hours it must have taken him to carve, chisel, and hand-paint this piece isn't exactly known, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't in the high hundreds.

The Indian Pony became famous when chosen as the poster child for fairs and carnivals through our young nation, being then known as the "Carousel Horse." I have my own notions about the hidden meaning behind why such a spirited and indomitable creature was thus subjugated, metaphorically at least. (If you can't ride 'em, deride 'em.) The Indian Pony (as a carousel horse) was further commemorated on a "stamp" shortly thereafter -- a real philatelic beauty from which our friend crafted his own:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Indian Pony Stamp.PNG Views:	0 Size:	227.6 KB ID:	183602Click image for larger version  Name:	Indian Pony at Antique shoppe.PNG Views:	0 Size:	615.4 KB ID:	183604

Just recently, the sculptor of the above work was on a road trip in rural, middle America; strolling down the streets of a small town square, he followed the curiosity of his feet through the door of an old antique shoppe -- as he meandered, a swarthy mass of some large dark object leaning in the corner caught his eye -- he stumbled over to reunite with the self-same Indian Pony he'd so painstakingly brought to life decades prior -- only present day she limped neglected in some dusty corner beside a wooden shelf which supported floral porcelain vases, Polish pottery, and various other domestic bric-a-brac; her hand-painted coat - chipped, her rear-right leg - broken clean off, but the fire of her spirit still flashed in her eye beneath a thin veil of dust; this beautiful beast had taken significant battle damage over the years despite the fact that long ago those who knew her had truly loved her. Interestingly this artist after completing a sculpture (like Mr. Fenn with some of his art) was so concerned about the care and condition of his creation, he would personally hand-deliver. No matter where in the U.S., he would drive the distance to re-home his precious Pygmalion. These delivery trips, in time, became yet another enjoyable aspect of the fun that defined his work.

Can you imagine how painful it must have been to behold his old girl, sitting abandoned, a yellowed paper price-tag dangling from a string draped her ear revealing she was now valued at a fraction of her original cost?

There are lessons to be gleaned here, but I haven't quite sorted them out; the one thing I'm sure of is no matter how hard you try, you can never quite tame an Indian Pony.

The Indian Pony has been one of many Chase gifts for me; at one time I had constellated "bold" "neigh/nigh" "brave" "in the wood" with sundry Native American legends, a story of discovering a freshly-unearthed Spanish Conquistador and horse skeleton, plus an "X in Spirit" combined with the notion of a Trojan Horse ... as potential tie-in's to where a crafty old art-dealer might have secreted his cache.

Whatever the case may be, below are some rabbit holes I've had tremendous fun delving into; I hope you enjoy them too:

CAYUSE -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayuse_horse
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac_La_Croix_Indian_Pony
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ojibwe
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 07-30-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X