Etymology of the word Wyoming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etymology of the word Wyoming.

"Many of the searchers for my treasure had solves that seemed to neatly fit the clues in my poem. Then when the finder found and retrieved the treasure, other searchers wondered how close they had been to the right spot. Because I promised the finder I would not reveal who found it or where, I have remained mostly silent.

However, the finder understands how important some closure is for many searchers, so today he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming. Until he found the treasure, the treasure had not moved in the 10 years since I left it there on the ground, and walked away.

Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana.

To all of those who did not find the treasure, we hope that you got some enjoyment from the chase. f"

This is Forrest's statement: "we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming." Nowhere in that statement is the word state mentioned. What is the definition of Wyoming? It is derived from the Munsee word xwé:wamənk, meaning "at the big river flat". What is a river flat? The alluvial plain adjacent to a river; bottom; interval; intervale. What is an alluvial plain? Alluvial is derived from the word alluvium meaning: Alluvium (from the Latin alluvius, from alluere, "to wash against") is loose, unconsolidated (not cemented together into a solid rock) soil or sediment that has been eroded, reshaped by water in some form, and redeposited in a non-marine setting. Loose soil that has eroded alongside a river bank.

So I retract my statement that Forrest was lying. He’s telling the truth, he’s just not telling all the truth. The treasure was found in the eroded soil and sediment alongside a river, on a river flat. The poem solution took me to within several feet of the Cimarron River in a river flat. The state that it was found in is still very much up for debate.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Delusional

Comment

Omg, it's amazing how some people twist others words. The chest was found in the state of Wyoming, get over it...

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
        "Many of the searchers for my treasure had solves that seemed to neatly fit the clues in my poem. Then when the finder found and retrieved the treasure, other searchers wondered how close they had been to the right spot. Because I promised the finder I would not reveal who found it or where, I have remained mostly silent.

However, the finder understands how important some closure is for many searchers, so today he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming. Until he found the treasure, the treasure had not moved in the 10 years since I left it there on the ground, and walked away.

Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana.

To all of those who did not find the treasure, we hope that you got some enjoyment from the chase. f"

This is Forrest's statement: "we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming." Nowhere in that statement is the word state mentioned. What is the definition of Wyoming? It is derived from the Munsee word xwé:wamənk, meaning "at the big river flat". What is a river flat? The alluvial plain adjacent to a river; bottom; interval; intervale. What is an alluvial plain? Alluvial is derived from the word alluvium meaning: Alluvium (from the Latin alluvius, from alluere, "to wash against") is loose, unconsolidated (not cemented together into a solid rock) soil or sediment that has been eroded, reshaped by water in some form, and redeposited in a non-marine setting. Loose soil that has eroded alongside a river bank.

So I retract my statement that Forrest was lying. He’s telling the truth, he’s just not telling all the truth. The treasure was found in the eroded soil and sediment alongside a river, on a river flat. The poem solution took me to within several feet of the Cimarron River in a river flat. The state that it was found in is still very much up for debate.
        The state is not up for debate. The issue is that you failed to correctly anagram any of the poem lines. It hurt that you missed the 109/43 in the first line of the poem

You have not come to grips yet

Comment

Originally posted by Shark View Post
          The issue is that you failed to correctly anagram any of the poem lines. It hurt that you missed the 109/43 in the first line of the poem
          So hear me all and listen good, your effort will be worth the cold, (add ix) anagrams to: Longitude thirty six, follow ash colored tree mallow beforehand.

If you are brave and in the wood, I give you title to the gold, anagrams to Latitude one o five eight, behold doorway intuit voyager.

I haven't paid much attention to OH's solve, since the presentation is weak, and he has a tendency to ramble, but did he anagram the Latitude and Longitude in the poem?
          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
          --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

It's probably force of habit by now, but Fenn does speak in equivocations. "I never said that" is something he could respond with to almost any of our interpretations of his statements.

Comment

why the capital letter W if he meant some washed up bits of gravel?

dejavu

Comment

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post
                why the capital letter W if he meant some washed up bits of gravel?

dejavu
                What if the box was hidden on a mining claim that had that name? Mr. Big; I sent you a telepathic message. Did you get it or was it intercepted?
                1f

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

What if the box was hidden on a mining claim that had that name? Mr. Big; I sent you a telepathic message. Did you get it or was it intercepted?
                  1f
                  it's not my fault it wasn't in NM Sherif Billy, or should that be Sherif Billy Clinton? cause he was caught cheating too

Comment

1f
                    I'm afraid Bill Cipher may have interfered
                    and stolen it. That guy is a bad seed!
                    1f

Comment

it's not my fault it wasn't in NM Sherif Billy, or should that be Sherif Billy Clinton? cause he was caught cheating too
                      I'm beginning to think I might be Billy Cipher....

Comment

I'm beginning to think I might be Billy Cipher....
                        Silly Billy more like

Comment

Lame.

Comment

Anyone want to play solitaire with me?

Comment

Silly Billy more like
                              I'll post part XVI soon and finish with XVII--withhold judgment until then.... 1f

Comment

Working...
                              X