To: Mr. Forrest Fenn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To: Mr. Forrest Fenn

Forrest, congrats on all the notoriety you have achieved and the inspiration you have instilled in many. Hundreds of searchers have dedicated so much to something that you put in motion, some have even lost their lives. No matter how it actually happened, the search has come to an end but the attention you sought has a residual effect. I believe that it is selfish to simply tell your flock that the finder is “shy”. The finder doesn’t owe anything to anyone but you are a different story. If there is a genuine finder, the solution to the poem will not compromise the finder’s anonymity. It’s time to share the poem.

Originally posted by Roo$ter View Post
    Forrest, congrats on all the notoriety you have achieved and the inspiration you have instilled in many. Hundreds of searchers have dedicated so much to something that you put in motion, some have even lost their lives. No matter how it actually happened, the search has come to an end but the attention you sought has a residual effect. I believe that it is selfish to simply tell your flock that the finder is “shy”. The finder doesn’t owe anything to anyone but you are a different story. If there is a genuine finder, the solution to the poem will not compromise the finder’s anonymity. It’s time to share the poem.
    How likely are you to believe a solution that doesn't involve anagramming, numbers, manmade structures (buildings), roads, manmade markings, barriers (such as fences), written coordinates, use of a
    compass, or use of an electronic navigational system (such as GPS)? It could be that if someone told you where the poem leads (per Fenn's intention for it), you would pooh-pooh the information, and
    not take it as truthful . . . until a good bit of explanation was provided explaining why that specific spot was chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

How likely are you to believe a solution that doesn't involve anagramming, numbers, manmade structures (buildings), roads, manmade markings, barriers (such as fences), written coordinates, use of a
      compass, or use of an electronic navigational system (such as GPS)? It could be that if someone told you where the poem leads (per Fenn's intention for it), you would pooh-pooh the information, and
      not take it as truthful . . . until a good bit of explanation was provided explaining why that specific spot was chosen.
      Blah.....blah......blah blah blah. Blah blah blah (10 seconds of silence) and blah blah blah.

Comment

Perhaps he had something else in mind. Why did he feel inadequate with all the successes? Everybody seems caught up on where, how and who. Who and where may not have anything to do with who the finder is or where he found the treasure, at least for now. I would like to think that the silent majority is more concerned not with how close they came but with how far they've come. Ask yourself, was it worth the trouble? Best answer I've heard so far was, what trouble?

Comment

notoriety is not a good thing.

Comment

Fox Fenn and the Coy Boy have my respect. The silent majority wait with patience.

Comment

If there is a genuine finder...
              "Two can keep a secret.." Perhaps by not sharing his secret with anyone he had an automatic out if he wanted to pull the plug on the hunt for whatever reason. There is nobody to out him. Think about it, he can say or do anything and there is nobody to refute him, even in court. I'm not saying he did this, just saying I'm open to the possibility until I hear from a Finder.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
                Fox Fenn and the Coy Boy have my respect. The silent majority wait with patience.
                Wait for what?

Comment

So many act like the Chest was the lost Ark of the Covenant, it was not. I would love to have found it, but in reality, it wasn't worth anything close to what was originally reported. There is no need to complicate where we are as of know, we all helped Forrest achieve the small amount of fame and attention that he desired, and now he is expressing how much he actually cares about those who gave him what he wanted. It's time to make the poem public, closure is in order.
                  Last edited by Roo$ter; 07-26-2020, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

Wait for what?
                    Wait for the future, its what we have done in the past. It seems to work every time.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                      notoriety is not a good thing.
                      But it is necessary for redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

Wait for the future, its what we have done in the past. It seems to work every time.
                        I hate to say it but I doubt that we will ever understand the poem and you have to wonder why. Many need closure, that's not a lot to ask from Forrest, the chase is over for Pete's sake!

Comment

Forrest is still dealing with it

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                            Forrest is still dealing with it
                            It's not that complicated, his legacy is already tarnished.

Comment

I hate to say it but I doubt that we will ever understand the poem and you have to wonder why. Many need closure, that's not a lot to ask from Forrest, the chase is over for Pete's sake!
                              Forrest never promised anyone closure. Although I suspect we will get some from the finder at a price, but it will just take time.

Comment

Working...
                              X