Yellowstone Reopening Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellowstone Reopening Plan

Click image for larger version  Name:	ysnp-reopening plan.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	181714

According to YSNP, the park didn't reopen until May 18. https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/...-Plan-2020.pdf

Finder told Forrest sometime before June 6.

Roads and Trails were open to the public on May 18. Campgrounds and Backcountry permits were not open until June.

Conclusions: The finder/retriever would have had to get lodging in Cody and be to the parking spot before it got too busy and then get out of the park before dark, carrying the chest and hoping not to be seen by any one. He could not have stayed in the park, either camping or lodging.

Driving from the East might take a full day or two to get to YSNP. Or, he flew. In which case he rented a car and drove. But, did the finder then go home from YSNP or go straight to Forrest, because it was only 10 days after the announcement, Forrest presented pictures? Driving a rented car back east would probably cost upwards of $700-$1000 or more. Seems risky. Instead, the finder deposited the chest into a safety deposit box, assuming he could find a bank with one large enough to hold it. I've researched this. Most safety deposit boxes will not accommodate anything the size of the chest. So, did the finder then decided to drive the rental car 13-15 hours to Santa fe, non-stop and put himself into a hotel room for around $120 a night for 8-10 nights?

What bothers me about all this is that most of the treasure hunters I know are pinching pennies to make ends meet. Most of us searching had to be very frugal not to spend too much money on our search vacations. Albeit, there are a few searchers who don't need the money but they are few and far between. Most of us I would classify as very wise with our money. So, maybe after finding the chest the finder didn't care what things would cost and just spent like money was going out of style. For me, even if I found the chest, knowing it might be a few weeks or months before I could liquidate the chest, spending large sums of cash on a vacation would put the family finances into high alert status.

Rationally speak, the timing of events and how they occurred in close proximity of each other leads me to believe the finder was frantic and moving about the country all in a 10 day period or he simply hid in a hotel. Regardless, that would have been a challenge for his family back home and his employer. Did he just call his employer up and say I need another two weeks on my vacation or did he tell them to take the job a shove it?

Lots to think about. Logistically speaking, the timing of events and distances to travel makes it a challenge for me to believe a rational human being would behave in much the same way.

West gate opened June 1st...

Comment

Highway 212 access to Lamar Valley area didn’t open until 01 JUN.

Comment

Longfellow and Goldenfrog. It took me about 2-3 weeks of waiting for news coming out of New Mexico before I could make plans for my trip. Which, I made my plans in less than 2-3 days once I found out New Mexico was open for visitors. But then, I had to give my employer two week notice. So, if the park entrances didn't fully open until June 1 or about, doesn't this make it challenging for a rational person to schedule a vacation on the hopes the park will be open by the time they get there? Especially, if you are from out east?

Comment

I was botg in West Yellowstone June 1st. I only had a couple days notice...

Comment

WRONG spot. Yellowstone was picked so that 100,000 people will fight the rest of us. It was scoured and picked dry & I mean MASSIVE SHENANIGANS went on so that it was scoured HEAVY. I am here to CRUSH YELLOWSTONE. Ain't getting by me!

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
              WRONG spot. Yellowstone was picked so that 100,000 people will fight the rest of us. It was scoured and picked dry & I mean MASSIVE SHENANIGANS went on so that it was scoured HEAVY. I am here to CRUSH YELLOWSTONE. Ain't getting by me!
              Whould you stop hijacking threads with your dribble!!!!
              Last edited by GoldenFrog; 07-24-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post

Should you stop hijacking threads with your dribble!!!!
                NEVER!

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post

NEVER!
                  It's time to block you.

Comment

It's time to block you.
                    BLOCKBLOCKBLOCK

Comment

It's time to block you.
                      You know... If everyone who thought 5-Leaf was just a bloviating dipwad would just go ahead and block him, this whole situation would work itself out naturally.

Best,
                      -Slashy

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post

You know... If everyone who thought 5-Leaf was just a bloviating dipwad would just go ahead and block him, this whole situation would work itself out naturally.

Best,
                        -Slashy
                        "Bloviating." Not that you watched too much Bill O'Reilly or anything...
                        And they can't want to block and miss the real information.

Comment

Working...
                        X