Yellowstone Eruption Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellowstone Eruption Quote

I doubt that a volcanic eruption under Yellowstone Lake would blow the treasure chest to bits, no matter the odds, but it might spread a lot of beautiful cutthroat and lake trout around the country side. F

Quote from: http://mysteriouswritings.com/featur...-volcano-risk/
    Last edited by Walking Among Lions; 07-24-2020, 01:43 PM.

Not in the immediate caldera area. It might get covered with ash. Not to mention none of us would care about the Chase ever again, because we'd be struggling for survival.

Comment

Not in the immediate caldera area. It might get covered with ash.
      ^ I agree with "O.P.E."

Even if you start in the immediate caldera area, you've still got to travel at least 10 miles away, almost certainly more.

Best,
      -Slashy

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
        Not in the immediate caldera area. It might get covered with ash. Not to mention none of us would care about the Chase ever again, because we'd be struggling for survival.
        Regardless if it was in the caldera or not, Scientist all agree that Cody Wyoming would be obliterated by the pyroclastic blast emanating from a Super Eruption.

The temperature of the volcanic gases can reach about 600 to 700 °C (1,100 to 1,300 °F). The velocity of a flow often exceeds 100 km (60 miles) per hour and may attain speeds as great as 160 km (100 miles) per hour. However, given that gold has a melting point of 1064 °C and bronze is 950 °C, the chest would survive, mostly. It would most likely be warped and contents scattered across the landscape as the pyroclastic flow would sweep it away.

I just find his quote interesting in light that it was "found" in Wyoming.

Comment

If it was buried outside the caldera, it would probably be OK. Yes, it is interesting, especially the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
            If it was buried outside the caldera, it would probably be OK. Yes, it is interesting, especially the fish.
            Based on the Blast Radius, I would say it might be fair to say the chest would be outside of this radius. Southern Wyoming would be more logical. Assuming that scientist are accurate in their prediction that Cody Wyoming would be obliterated. So, what areas does Forrest talk about in Southern Wyoming that are outside of the park?

Click image for larger version

Name:	blastradius.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	181609

Comment

Interesting. My solve area is just outside that radius in WY. In TTOTC, the only place I can think of is The Long Ride Home, but there are no mountains he would hide the chest in there.

He has talked about the Mountain Man museum and rendezvous around Pinedale. I believe the clovis points he had were found west or southwest of Pinedale, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post

Based on the Blast Radius, I would say it might be fair to say the chest would be outside of this radius. Southern Wyoming would be more logical. Assuming that scientist are accurate in their prediction that Cody Wyoming would be obliterated. So, what areas does Forrest talk about in Southern Wyoming that are outside of the park?

Click image for larger version  Name:	blastradius.jpg Views:	5 Size:	95.3 KB ID:	181609
                I wouldn't agree with that.
                There's a big difference between devastating an area and pulverizing a 10"x10" box. It could've been quite close to the caldera and still not have been "blasted to bits". His answer suggests that he believed even the fish in the lake wouldn't have been blasted to bits.

Best,
                -Slashy

Comment

Yellowstone will get mad for not having the chest parked there.

Comment

what areas does Forrest talk about in Southern Wyoming that are outside of the park?
                    "How can you not stop where the little Popo Agie River runs through the town?"

Comment

What is the source of that quote. I've never heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
                        Included link in the original post.

Comment

https://youtu.be/8RzrIu3hMec

Comment

Included link in the original post.
                            Thanks. Another good point you are bringing up. I used to mostly ignore his quotes about Wyoming and mostly chuckle at those that thought the chest was there. Now I'm just bewildered. Yellowstone erupting would practically blow up the whole state - but that right there tells you its not in the park - I'm not sure why a bigger deal was not made of this answer he gave. Maybe I just missed it, but why would anyone think its in the park after that quote? Or anywhere around Cody?

Comment

but why would anyone think its in the park after that quote? Or anywhere around Cody?
                              Because there are 100,000 of them being used as pawns to fight everyone against the narrative.

Comment

Working...
                              X