Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Missing Method

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Missing Method

    I’m a competitive person, and have always loved matching wits, skill, creativity, (anything!) with others. Always (of course with a few exceptions) in good competitive spirit. Occasionally, this desire to compete is a switch I find difficult to turn off. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains.

    However, I have reached the conclusion that the Chase is something altogether different. It is sort of like when you would fight with a brother or sister when you were younger. One second you’re seriously fighting each other with a mop and a broomstick, but somewhere along the way it turns into a Looney Tunes style ballet, and you realize you’ve stopped hitting, and instead are doing goofy things with the mop and laughing. It wasn’t a conscious decision, it just became more fun to ballet.

    After reading the WY announcement, I realized it was not a competition anymore. It was a ballet moment. That’s not giving up; it was more like getting on. I thought a long time about whether to write this, and my heart told me Noone wouldn’t mind. I felt like we were navigating beyond the borders of the map, and I hope my intuition is right. But, to paraphrase an old HoR friend’s favorite band, The Song (for me) Remains the Same. I’ll never reveal my spot unless Someone wants me to.

    I don’t know what to make of WY, and I believe FF. I will say that if someone told me the treasure was found in Wyoming, I can think of at least one logical way that it could also be found in another state at the same time. Specifically, a small part of Wyoming (the far western part- the area around Wy). The state of Wyoming? Different story. But, I never considered Wyoming as the most likely state, because there seems to be little opportunity for a strong prestige there. A magician wouldn’t point his patter toward the magical event and expect a good reaction, would be?

    Anyway, the state debate seems like the wrong song for these days of craze. And it seems there is a piece missing from what appears to be a “cold case.“ That piece is the method. Forget the state or the clues or the hints for a second. The METHOD. We’ve seen anagrams. We’ve seen counting. We’ve seen historical. We’ve seen biographical. We’ve seen themed solves. Grid approaches. Every question in life may not be solvable, but a method can devised to try.

    If someone solved this, their solve has to be unique enough that it sets their location apart. And with the right choice of method, it is likely that more than one person would have produced a similar viable solution, and probably faster than 9 years. Mirror solves are possible, perhaps, with one spot being a “body double”... but I think the real difference isn’t the clues, though they must be solved- it is the manner and timing of their activation. What method would not just give you a solve... but 1) a very precise solve (to a few steps away) that leads to 2) a quite unexpected spot which is 3) unlike any other? Numerical work can’t do that, except for the math that is fundamental to nature. The nature of the word “solve” is a trap of its own. Solving means X-hunting. IMO the poem can’t be solved because the solution was undefined- at least, as algebraic thinking goes. But it can lead a searcher somewhere specific.

    I believe in the truth of FF’s statements.

    I believe the word that is key is in the poem, and that this word tells you what to do, when, and where. It defines the correct method.

    I believe you need a good treasure map. I’ve never seen a Rand McNally or Delorme treasure map.

    I believe New Mexico was overlooked, when it deserved to be underlayed.

    I believe the solver would have had to learn to do many things just as FF did them. Want to know someone? Walk in their shoes a little.

    I believe Dizzy Dean was a pitcher.

    I believe there is a method out there.

    I can’t believe the solver could have reasonably solved without it.

    What method is missing?

  • #2
    Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
    I’m a competitive person, and have always loved matching wits, skill, creativity, (anything!) with others. Always (of course with a few exceptions) in good competitive spirit. Occasionally, this desire to compete is a switch I find difficult to turn off. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains.

    However, I have reached the conclusion that the Chase is something altogether different. It is sort of like when you would fight with a brother or sister when you were younger. One second you’re seriously fighting each other with a mop and a broomstick, but somewhere along the way it turns into a Looney Tunes style ballet, and you realize you’ve stopped hitting, and instead are doing goofy things with the mop and laughing. It wasn’t a conscious decision, it just became more fun to ballet.

    After reading the WY announcement, I realized it was not a competition anymore. It was a ballet moment. That’s not giving up; it was more like getting on. I thought a long time about whether to write this, and my heart told me Noone wouldn’t mind. I felt like we were navigating beyond the borders of the map, and I hope my intuition is right. But, to paraphrase an old HoR friend’s favorite band, The Song (for me) Remains the Same. I’ll never reveal my spot unless Someone wants me to.

    I don’t know what to make of WY, and I believe FF. I will say that if someone told me the treasure was found in Wyoming, I can think of at least one logical way that it could also be found in another state at the same time. Specifically, a small part of Wyoming (the far western part- the area around Wy). The state of Wyoming? Different story. But, I never considered Wyoming as the most likely state, because there seems to be little opportunity for a strong prestige there. A magician wouldn’t point his patter toward the magical event and expect a good reaction, would be?

    Anyway, the state debate seems like the wrong song for these days of craze. And it seems there is a piece missing from what appears to be a “cold case.“ That piece is the method. Forget the state or the clues or the hints for a second. The METHOD. We’ve seen anagrams. We’ve seen counting. We’ve seen historical. We’ve seen biographical. We’ve seen themed solves. Grid approaches. Every question in life may not be solvable, but a method can devised to try.

    If someone solved this, their solve has to be unique enough that it sets their location apart. And with the right choice of method, it is likely that more than one person would have produced a similar viable solution, and probably faster than 9 years. Mirror solves are possible, perhaps, with one spot being a “body double”... but I think the real difference isn’t the clues, though they must be solved- it is the manner and timing of their activation. What method would not just give you a solve... but 1) a very precise solve (to a few steps away) that leads to 2) a quite unexpected spot which is 3) unlike any other? Numerical work can’t do that, except for the math that is fundamental to nature. The nature of the word “solve” is a trap of its own. Solving means X-hunting. IMO the poem can’t be solved because the solution was undefined- at least, as algebraic thinking goes. But it can lead a searcher somewhere specific.

    I believe in the truth of FF’s statements.

    I believe the word that is key is in the poem, and that this word tells you what to do, when, and where. It defines the correct method.

    I believe you need a good treasure map. I’ve never seen a Rand McNally or Delorme treasure map.

    I believe New Mexico was overlooked, when it deserved to be underlayed.

    I believe the solver would have had to learn to do many things just as FF did them. Want to know someone? Walk in their shoes a little.

    I believe Dizzy Dean was a pitcher.

    I believe there is a method out there.

    I can’t believe the solver could have reasonably solved without it.

    What method is missing?
    Mirror solves are possible not only possible but inevitable as there is only one treasure and one location.... on correct solve..

    Comment


    • #3
      Wyoming as a findy spot fell within 24 hours.
      "Numerical work can’t do that, except for the math that is fundamental to nature." I disagree.
      Oars broken and lost on the journey (“no paddle up your creek”) p.124 of The Exploration of the Colorado River and its Canyons, an oar is broken on one of the boats.” p.192 “and in doing so break an oar and then lose another, both belonging to the “Emma Dean,” the boat that went spinning in the ordeal.

      Comment


      • #4
        The word that is key is drawing.

        TTOTC is full of them.

        These drawings are maps.

        Not vague suggestion maps. Exact maps whose lines fit every hill and molehill on Google Earth.

        They were drawn to match the features on a real relief map. Google Earth.

        One drawing is more important than all the others to finding the spot.

        I don’t believe the riddle could be reasonably solved without them. And they must fit your spot. They can’t be finessed. It takes time to match them. But when you do, you’ll see, one way or the other.

        Start using them around the time you put in.

        This is the missing method. Inspired by Sharp.

        One is MOST KEY.

        Comment


        • #5
          JHSharp,
          If someone solved this, their solve has to be unique enough that it sets their location apart.
          I'm not sure I agree with that notion, but what I've noticed on this forum is a distressing lack of solvers who stayed "inside the box" and followed all of his instructions to the letter. I think people conflated "difficult" with "complicated" and went for more convoluted solves rather than simpler ones.

          I have an extremely simple and literal solve that follows his instructions 100%, and it does lead me to a very specific point. Don't know if it was correct or not (and now I probably never will), but it does yield a point instead of an area.

          Best,
          -Slashy

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post
            JHSharp,

            I'm not sure I agree with that notion, but what I've noticed on this forum is a distressing lack of solvers who stayed "inside the box" and followed all of his instructions to the letter. I think people conflated "difficult" with "complicated"
            100%. That was definitely the biggest surprise when I started reading this board. Though I guess the 'simple' solves that stay within Forrest's explicit parameters dont appeal to the schizo crowd the way anagrams, numerology, etc do.

            Edit: I also think that people with straightforward solves dont become attached to them in the same way as someone does who feels like they've broken some codex or that Forrest is speaking to them thru scrapbooks or something. They are probably more likely to realize the insane odds they face even with a seemingly decent solve that follows all the rules. They likely check it, and go back to their lives. I know this was the case for me and my (Wyoming) solve. I never felt like I had more than a 2% chance of retrieval. You read OH's deranged ramblings and how many times he says "irrefutable", "absolutely certain" etc.. I don't believe any critical thinker could ever be that confident in a solution.
            Last edited by Angus_beef40; 07-24-2020, 08:34 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
              The word that is key is drawing.

              TTOTC is full of them.

              These drawings are maps.

              Not vague suggestion maps. Exact maps whose lines fit every hill and molehill on Google Earth.

              They were drawn to match the features on a real relief map. Google Earth.

              One drawing is more important than all the others to finding the spot.

              I don’t believe the riddle could be reasonably solved without them. And they must fit your spot. They can’t be finessed. It takes time to match them. But when you do, you’ll see, one way or the other.

              Start using them around the time you put in.

              This is the missing method. Inspired by Sharp.

              One is MOST KEY.
              This is significant and notable.
              Don’t whine because the Chase is over, but smile because it happened.

              Comment


              • #8
                FF’s boundaries are near the borders. Heck, they might be on the other side of the border.

                A linear solve would’ve been cracked in no time. Nothing is more simple than a picture.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey 5-leaf Blaze blaze
                  It was in Wyoming... Your frivolous law-suit has been cancelled.... Buh-Bye!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Angus_beef40 View Post

                    100%. That was definitely the biggest surprise when I started reading this board. Though I guess the 'simple' solves that stay within Forrest's explicit parameters dont appeal to the schizo crowd the way anagrams, numerology, etc do.
                    So you want it simple enough so that even you can understand it, right. K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid, right? Did you ever ask yourself why it took him 15 years to write a 24 line poem.
                    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
                      So you want it simple
                      Unlike a lot of you crazies, I can recognize that it isnt about what I want. I was just playing the game within the rules. You brought the 20-sided dice to the poker table.

                      Originally posted by Fenn
                      Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth,

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        Originally posted by Fenn

                        Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth,

                        Where do you see him rule out anagrams? I dont see the word anagram in that list.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                        --Arthur Schopenhauer--

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Angus_beef40 View Post

                          Unlike a lot of you crazies, I can recognize that it isnt about what I want. I was just playing the game within the rules. You brought the 20-sided dice to the poker table.
                          HAAAHAH!!! What a fantastic line! I hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing that

                          Thanks,
                          -Slashy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Where do you see him rule out anagrams? I dont see the word anagram in that list.
                            You have to anagram it

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Angus_beef40 View Post

                              You have to anagram it
                              smart ass
                              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X