It's who they think you are.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's who they think you are.

Who do we think Forrest is? Are we thinking he is who he is because we accept his portrayal as our reality and fact? What portrayal is Forrest trying to achieve in order to change our perceptions of who we think he is versus who he really is?

Yes. It was the point of the entire thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellerstain
      and don't forget his intended epitaph.
      "I wish I could have done all the things I was attributed to have done"? That epitaph?

Comment

'Forrest, your story is interesting but not in a movie way.....you have to have more notoriety and sparkle'...replied Steven S.

'well, ok mofos. I'll get to work on that!' thought Fenn pragmatically.

Comment

Fenn was an intelligence asset, that's implied in a few places in the book.
          To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
            That could explain why he had artifacts confiscated in the FBI investigation but was never charged....or Fenn sang like a canary to save himself.

Comment

Or alternatively "It's not where it was, it's where they think it was." Does that work too?

Comment

Originally posted by Tlmlb View Post

That could explain why he had artifacts confiscated in the FBI investigation but was never charged....or Fenn sang like a canary to save himself.
                I would bet my last 20$ no one is going to bully or get Forrest to do anything that Forrest doesn’t want to do

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                  I would bet my last 20$ no one is going to bully or get Forrest to do anything that Forrest doesn’t want to do
                  Depends entirely on what the threat is.

Comment

[QUOTE=Walking Among Lions;n181153]

"I wish I could have done all the things I was attributed to have done"? That epitaph?

*correction...

"I wish I could have lived to do,
                    the things I was attributed to"

His epitaph!

Comment

I think more than anything, Forrest wanted us to learn to chase our dreams. You can’t achieve what you don’t go after. And if you love it then stick with it. Failures are part of the journey. This trailer is based on a true story of someone doing just that.

https://youtu.be/wGPnIVSlyUU

Comment

Originally posted by Dampenedmyth View Post
                        I think more than anything, Forrest wanted us to learn to chase our dreams. You can’t achieve what you don’t go after. And if you love it then stick with it. Failures are part of the journey. This trailer is based on a true story of someone doing just that.

https://youtu.be/wGPnIVSlyUU
                        Inspiring!
                        Don’t whine because the Chase is over, but smile because it happened.

Comment

I certainly won’t argue with the feasibility of that. I bet his true autobiography is one damn good read! I wouldn’t be surprised if we all get to read it one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                            Who do we think Forrest is? Are we thinking he is who he is because we accept his portrayal as our reality and fact? What portrayal is Forrest trying to achieve in order to change our perceptions of who we think he is versus who he really is?
                            WAL,
                            There are two Japanese words you may want to be aware of: Tatemae, the way things appear. Honne, the way things really are.
                            Last edited by Andy Mootmann; 08-01-2020, 02:33 PM.
                            Don’t whine because the Chase is over, but smile because it happened.

Comment

Https://www.newspapers.com/clip/2832...nati-enquirer/

Fenn : A Texan retired fighter pilot and ex-CIA agent

Comment

Working...
                              X