Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post

I agree with a lot of what you say but I can't get on board with the fact that people are in denial because they are too emotionally attached to their solve. I did not have a full solve. Lots of partial solves, in the four states too I might add. I was never fully emotionally committed to anything. I had lots of confirmation bias, places I had hoped the chest would be or memories it might be tied to, but never felt fully confident in one place enough to go all in. I have kept all options on the table and continue to do so. I don't think it's denial when you naturally question something. Forrest's words have always been puzzling. Why should it be any different now? If anything the people with Wyoming solves are more out of sorts now after hearing the state. They wonder if they had the right spot and missed it by an inch. Their confirmation bias now has a confirmer, slanted in their favor. Of course they won't question the state now because it confirms their solve. If I were a Wyoming searcher I would read what the non-Wy people have to say. It's always healthy to question something in my book. What proof do we have that it was in the state of Wyoming? Who's to say this isn't part of the puzzle? Forrest could come out tomorrow and tell us the full solve and I will still question it. I haven't heard from the person who found it. I've only heard from the Creator of the puzzle. That's not denial. Prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt and I will happily concede, otherwise, anything is on the table.
    I think it’s possible that no one was willing to do the deep research needed to understand the medicine wheel’s powerful, yet sublime, meaning. As a result, he had to bring WY into sharp focus. Maybe this was the only way to get the message across. Time will tell. It’s clear that the energies are swirling with a magic of their own. Maybe it’s not about us but something much bigger and brighter.

Comment

If I were a Wyoming searcher I would read what the non-Wy people have to say. It's always healthy to question something in my book. What proof do we have that it was in the state of Wyoming? Who's to say this isn't part of the puzzle? Forrest could come out tomorrow and tell us the full solve and I will still question it. I haven't heard from the person who found it. I've only heard from the Creator of the puzzle. That's not denial. Prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt and I will happily concede, otherwise, anything is on the table.
      Something else I think WY searchers need to think about as they celebrate. Was there actually anything in the poem that tells you for sure the chest was in Wyoming? Sure they can say "So why is it that I must go" but we don't really know if that was ever intended as a hint, or why that would be one but not something else in the poem that pointed to another state in an equally cryptic fashion. If clue 1 can be found in all 4 States and there was no State indicator purposely placed then the fact that someone was "in Wyoming" means nothing except they guessed blindly correct.

Comment

• Nice idea. The Wyoming indicator...
        Somebody find me "gasoline" and "mensa" in the poem and not with "DSR" finishing the mensa line, but with "WYG." Go from there and guarantee me a refinement good to an area less than 1/4 acre. Where is that solve? Mah goodness, ah, ah, misplaced it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Omni View Post

Something else I think WY searchers need to think about as they celebrate. Was there actually anything in the poem that tells you for sure the chest was in Wyoming? Sure they can say "So why is it that I must go" but we don't really know if that was ever intended as a hint, or why that would be one but not something else in the poem that pointed to another state in an equally cryptic fashion. If clue 1 can be found in all 4 States and there was no State indicator purposely placed then the fact that someone was "in Wyoming" means nothing except they guessed blindly correct.
          Montana searchers might tell you Gallatin could be found in "as i have gone alone in there"... and NM searchers might say "hint of riches new and old" hints to NM
          Last edited by Goldilocks; 07-24-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Montana searchers might tell you Gallatin could be found in "as i have gone alone in there"... and NM searchers might say "hints of riches new and old" hints to NM
            Exactly. If there is no way to tell one "hint" from another, then again this turns into a coin flip/lotto ticket rather than a solvable puzzle. But if none of these were intended as hints, that's different. If I get the concept of WWWH correct (or other clues) but had the wrong State, am I closer or farther that someone who "knew" it was in Wyoming? Or in the right place in WY, but with none of the clues correct?

You can call me out for being in the wrong State, but the reveal of Wyoming now opens up the floodgates for the mass of solves that everyone had in Wyoming with the same rivers, place names, etc. You might almost say that Wyoming is the State that would make the most searchers happy.

Comment

Exactly. If there is no way to tell one "hint" from another, then again this turns into a coin flip/lotto ticket rather than a solvable puzzle. But if none of these were intended as hints, that's different. If I get the concept of WWWH correct (or other clues) but had the wrong State, am I closer or farther that someone who "knew" it was in Wyoming? Or in the right place in WY, but with none of the clues correct?

You can call me out for being in the wrong State, but the reveal of Wyoming now opens up the floodgates for the mass of solves that everyone had in Wyoming with the same rivers, place names, etc. You might almost say that Wyoming is the State that would make the most searchers happy.
              Good use of the state with the most searchers to satisfy an endless puzzle.

Comment

• Form Dal's Forrest gets mail from a Middle School student:

Student: Our final guess is that the treasure may be along road 156 in Wyoming. Thank you for taking time out of your day to help us in our class!
                Forrest: You cannot solve the problem by starting in the middle of the poem. You should start with the first clue and then solve the other eight in order.

Why did he say the middle of the poem? Most likely answer would be that Forrest is referring to the fact that "So Why is it that I must go" is in the middle of poem. If the kid was close wouldn't he have said great guess or something? Something about this kid's answer is out of order.

Comment

Well, for starters I'm not "celebrating" this. Nothing but bad news as far as I'm concerned. All I get out of it is the knowledge that I was in the correct 9,800 square mile patch. I get no closure from this, just the lingering possibility that I *may* have screwed myself out of a couple million dollars because I didn't go to check sooner.

As for your question, no. There was nothing that suggested to me that the spot was "for sure" in Wyoming. I was open to the possibility of it being in any of the 4 States. Wyoming just happened to be the State my solve wound up putting it in.

There were some indicators that the treasure was probably in Wyoming, though. Like how the vast majority of the book was talking about Wyoming, for example.... But I never let that color my thinking. I kept an open mind about it.

Best,
                  -Slashy

Comment

• Originally posted by OH!!

Off the top of my head:
                    There are 23 double-u's in the poem
                    The first poem line has 23 letters
                    The 23rd word in the first two stanzas ends with a W.
                    3 poem lines have a "W" as the 23rd letter
                    The 23rd chapter of TTOTC has the poem.
                    The 23rd big red letter in TTOTC is a W.......
                    Count to the 44th poem word, read next letter (44th state)
                    One of the Rocky Mountain states has 23 counties
                    Only one search area state starts with a W
                    Wyoming is the first state mentioned in TTOTC.

Then all you have to do is try spelling Wyoming as the letters become available. Whichever state lands on the word "begin, that is your beginning state.

But anagrams tell you Wyoming on 8 lines.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the 109th poem word "So" (which means degree) starts the (So - why is it that I must go.) "So why is it that I must go" is the 17th poem line. Now you have two coordinates for Wyoming.
                    It's that simple.........
                    I wonder if the county spells out next

and in the wood

Comment

• Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post

Well, for starters I'm not "celebrating" this. Nothing but bad news as far as I'm concerned. All I get out of it is the knowledge that I was in the correct 9,800 square mile patch. I get no closure from this, just the lingering possibility that I *may* have screwed myself out of a couple million dollars because I didn't go to check sooner.

As for your question, no. There was nothing that suggested to me that the spot was "for sure" in Wyoming. I was open to the possibility of it being in any of the 4 States. Wyoming just happened to be the State my solve wound up putting it in.

There were some indicators that the treasure was probably in Wyoming, though. Like how the vast majority of the book was talking about Wyoming, for example.... But I never let that color my thinking. I kept an open mind about it.

Best,
                      -Slashy
                      Appreciate the honesty. The night it came out, the atmosphere sure seemed celebratory on Youtube and in the forums.

And then there's the book part you mentioned. (Paraphrase)"My treasure is hidden somewhere in vast mountains North of Santa Fe. And they can be any mountains...even into Canada and Alaska! It's a place that's very dear to me, and you probably can't figure out where. Now here's a whole bunch about Wyoming and how places there are very special to me." It all just feels...off.

Comment

they can be any mountains...even into Canada and Alaska! It's a place that's very dear to me, and you probably can't figure out where. Now here's a whole bunch about Wyoming and how places there are very special to me." It all just feels...off.
                        Omni,
                        But later he released the info that Canada and Alaska were ruled out. I just played the hand I was dealt by constructing solves and then ruthlessly killing them off if they conflicted with anything he ever said about the poem, solve process, or location. I gave no preferential treatment to any one State over the others, even though I could've.
                        Once I found a solve I couldn't kill, I just went with that one.

Best,
                        -Slashy

Comment

• Addendum to the above:

If I had gone to the spot this solve suggested and not found the treasure though... I would've immediately stamped it "FAIL", killed it off, and started with a clean sheet. A solve is either correct or incorrect. No pity, no remorse

Best,
                          -Slashy

Comment

• I think Forrest clearly had a coded message to me in the poem. What are the odds that "go get it, macahol would be spelled out in the first 4 stanzas?

As I have gone alone in there
                            And with my treasures bold,
                            I can keep my secret where,
                            And hint of riches new and old

Begin it where warm waters halt
                            And take itin the canyon down,
                            Not far, but too far to walk.
                            Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek,
                            The end is ever drawing nigh;
                            There'll be no paddle up your creek,
                            Just heavy loads and water high.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
                            Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
                            But tarry scan with marvel gaze,
                            Just take the chest and go in peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macahol View Post
                              I think Forrest clearly had a coded message to me in the poem. What are the odds that "go get it, macahol would be spelled out in the first 4 stanzas?

As I have gone alone in there
                              And with my treasures bold,
                              I can keep my secret where,
                              And hint of riches new and old

Begin it where warm waters halt
                              And take itin the canyon down,
                              Not far, but too far to walk.
                              Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek,
                              The end is ever drawing nigh;
                              There'll be no paddle up your creek,
                              Just heavy loads and water high.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
                              Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
                              But tarry scan with marvel gaze,
                              Just take the chest and go in peace.
                              Not too bad if you have directions that pick the letters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
                                I'm sorry, but I am holding out for WWWH being in NM. I still believe the first 5 clues (IT) are in NM. Then you must relocate to Wyoming in stanza five. "Wy is IT that I must go". I never really figured out stanza five so I didn't know exactly where to go. I am going to hold out for that solution. Yes I realize that I am going through the denial phase.
                                for me five was a myth, and i had to be become the character, it was a hero stranger that saves the navajo, so not finding it under the blaze made perfect sense. I had to run the poem twice, the shadow, the mirror, it all ends under the good luck frog rock in red rocks canyon, super simple for elders, used to be special, thunder raceway, eccentric millionaire johnny brisbane walker, you could shortcut, you could stumble, contiguous, not so much. I still think its right. I just saw allens and the other guy, oh, you mean isolated, isolated, i thought you meant isolated as in can't stumble upon. F talked about alfalfa, johhny made a ton on alfalfa, and get a tan on pluto, pluto rock, that pair kept me there, and morrison post office is where an indian dig used to be but was covered, one mummy cave to another. mummy cave canyon de chelly, most spiritual place in the world, joseph cambell to Lo dais ka. Indians found with corn kernels used to save the nation, where east meets west, Clovis culture. The nearest faraway place, where the stars, brave ute indians, plesiosaur that fly through the water, on and on. WHERES MY MONEY!

Comment

Working...
                                X