X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyoming

Updated July 22nd, 2020
    by Forrest

Many of the searchers for my treasure had solves that seemed to neatly fit the clues in my poem. Then when the finder found and retrieved the treasure, other searchers wondered how close they had been to the right spot. Because I promised the finder I would not reveal who found it or where, I have remained mostly silent.

However, the finder understands how important some closure is for many searchers, so today he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming. Until he found the treasure, the treasure had not moved in the 10 years since I left it there on the ground, and walked away.

Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana.

To all of those who did not find the treasure, we hope that you got some enjoyment from the chase. f

https://dalneitzel.com/2020/07/22/15/
    Last edited by RahRah; 07-22-2020, 11:25 PM.
    To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Originally posted by Redneck Express
    Wowsa! Uh but bad link RahRah update it to: https://dalneitzel.com/2020/07/22/15/
    Thank you - I'll update my post!
    To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

I’m taking this announcement at face value, just now having read it, and just as it has been stated.

There’s much about my Chase experience I haven’t written. I feel the need to say something, not for any reason in particular, but just to get it out: Reading that was quite a blow, and I’m sure others feel the same way.

It all makes for quite an introspective moment. There are parts of it I’ll never understand, that defy logic, and I’ll carry those with me forever. The sting will pass I’m sure, but golly it hurts. I’m sure FF felt that way when it ended for him too. Bittersweet. I think the line he wrote to Dal really nailed it. It makes you tear up knowing that your labor of love may really be over.

I don’t know most of you on this board as well as many of you seem to know one another. But I appreciate this community very much. Thanks for letting me get this one out.

And Dear Forrest:

Thank you for giving your energy and time—precious time— to the Chase. When I took it up I was at a difficult crossroads in my life. The Chase reminded me of what it was like to be a kid again, and use my imagination. Boy, I thought I did. (Apparently I really did, a little too well! Little confirmation bias joke there, ha!) But truthfully, I had sheltered away some of that creative, daring mojo in my life, or maybe had life’s brambles fray it a bit. The Chase helped me get some of it back.

Also, thanks to Peggy and your family. It was surely your journey, and theirs. I hope you can ride happily off into the sunset!

I never was lucky enough to hear from you, and I’m sure I’m not “alone in there” either. And that’s ok, that’s the way things go sometimes. And whether I ever do or not, know I’ll always think of you the way Moonlight Graham thought of Shoeless Joe. And in my mind, I’ll hope I had a Moonlight moment in there somewhere.

Chest or no chest, one day I’ll go to that place again and sit quietly. If the wind is just right, I’ll hope to hear: “Hey rookie! You were good.”

Sob.

take care, FYNM, “jhs”

Comment

Thanks Forrest. Finally some word. I wonder if I should release my Wyoming solve now.
        Last edited by CRM114; 07-23-2020, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Would y'all be interested in hearing my Wyoming solve?
          ​​​
          I've got a few Wyoming solves...which all lead to the same place, near the invisible Church in the Mountains off a desolate wilderness road, faired best by an Autumn moon light and set by a lone Great Bristlecone pine in the heart of Wyoming.

Comment

If FF says Wyoming is the State, then I won't saying anything against that. I won't be the crazy guy arguing against Forrest himself. If he was lying he loses his integrity, which is more valuable than any chest.

What strikes me, aside from it being in the most obvious state despite there being such a wide search area, is that wherever they will say it was found there will likely be several other searchers who will claim that they were there and/or the chest wasn't there when they looked. If the solve comes out I predict that will be the next big controversy/conspiracy.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I am holding out for WWWH being in NM. I still believe the first 5 clues (IT) are in NM. Then you must relocate to Wyoming in stanza five. "Wy is IT that I must go". I never really figured out stanza five so I didn't know exactly where to go. I am going to hold out for that solution. Yes I realize that I am going through the denial phase.

Comment

„It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Please pardon my skepticism about Wyoming. Please also note that FF almost never mentions the chest, because the word "treasure" is so versatile. Treasure is wherever you find it. Ho hum.
                  I remain loyal to my solve, which has a lot of symbolism in it. I think that symbolism was in FF's mind when he wrote the poem. But of course, it appears that currently he has possession of the goodies, and it's still his game. If he ever gives life again to this hunt (like the mythical Phoenix, perhaps?), I hope he puts the TC and goodies where my solve suggests they should be.
                  Last edited by Old Pilot; 07-23-2020, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                    Please pardon my skepticism about Wyoming. Please also note that FF almost never mentions the chest, because the word "treasure" is so versatile. Treasure is wherever you find it. Ho hum.
                    I remain loyal to my solve, which has a lot of symbolism in it. I think that symbolism was in FF's mind when he wrote the poem. But of course, it appears that currently he has possession of the goodies, and it's still his game. If he ever gives life again to this hunt (like the mythical Phoenix, perhaps?), I hope he puts the TC and goodies where my solve suggests they should be.
                    Honestly, I don't think you'll be the only one who feels like this about their solve. But from today on, anyone arguing anything aside from Wyoming will be considered a crazy person. It's time for most folks to move on and let time itself handle the rest.

Comment

Just thought of something. This would also have to mean that the pinion nut slip was just that, a mistake. In that case, what did he tell the interviewer that he wished he had not?! There's nothing else there that would fit that criteria that I heard.

Comment

It's good to finally get some information, and in a funny way it's a relief to have been wrong. Anyone else feel like that?

I had a half worked out solve about specimen ridge and the petrified forest. The stick in the chest hints at 'wood'? So maybe...?! Surely this must be work-out-able now we know the state!

Comment

Owch.

Owch. FML.

Boy I tell ya - that kid that said he was too smart to go wasting his money - he was SMART.

Ooo - just saw some news about my treasure hunting ground - Los Alamos woman hospitalized after bear attack at Pajarito ski area

Suddenly I feel very very lucky!!!

Thank you Finder - very very much appreciated. And last of all - thank you Forrest. I did have a ball. Signing off.

Fuck it - one last thing. Can I please get banned?! I never got banned before...
                          Last edited by mikew1927; 07-23-2020, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Wyoming...good fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post

Honestly, I don't think you'll be the only one who feels like this about their solve. But from today on, anyone arguing anything aside from Wyoming will be considered a crazy person. It's time for most folks to move on and let time itself handle the rest.
                              I don't believe for one second that the treasure was found in Wyoming. "I can keep my secret where and hint of riches new and old" anagrams to "Wheeler Peak find chest hidden sweet Cimarron Canyon. Some will call it coincidence, but its just too much of a coincidence. The line "So hear me all and listen good, your effort will be worth the cold" when you add (ix) anagrams to: Longitude thirty six, follow ash colored tree mallow beforehand. "If you are brave and in the wood, I give you title to the gold," anagrams to: Latitude one o five eight, behold doorway intuit voyager. The coordinates of the park, reversed, it should read latitude 36 longitude 105 8. There are two possibilities as to why Forrest would lie: First to get the lawsuit by Barbara Anderson dropped. The second possibility is that there might be a question of ownership if it was found in a New Mexico State Park, and Forrest is trying to prevent a claim by the state of New Mexico upon the chest. There could be other possibilities, that I haven't thought of, but I know I was the lead searcher right up until it was found, approximately 4 days after I left Cimarron Canyon. But I can assure you with complete confidence that we will never get the solution from the finder, because it wasn't found in Wyoming, it was found in New Mexico. I'm surprised by some members of our communities willingness to accept this, so call me crazy, but I would stake my life on my solve, thats how confident I am. I am trying to anagram the message to see if there are any hidden messages.
                              Last edited by Anna Graham; 07-23-2020, 01:51 AM.
                              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Working...
                              X