I was PMed by elperro . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

There are several theories about this. One theory is that he "hacked" someone's file(s), and used information he hadn't independently developed.
    Another theory is that he stumbled upon the trove.
    Another theory is that FF told him where to search.
    Another theory is that the finder is FF, who is most certainly "back east" compared to someone/somewhere/something. He's no dummy, although his character may be in question.
    Mr. O.P or Mr. Whitefeather, or anyone in the know:

If you know or suspect who the finder might be (irreguardless of theory #1,2,3,or 4) could you pass along I know who has their ICE AXE. Just have them private message me and I will help get it back to them.

Oh! Thinking about your comment (O.P) that Forrest reserves the right to be incorrect once in a while, I have concluded that you are probably correct. When I told Mr. Preston that the blaze was on the Hondo, and Forrest replied "That's correct". I think Forrest probably thought I said "In a Condo" why oh bah-bah bing (wyoming). That explains his reaction, and I feel better now.

However, there is a psycho nut out there making fences around old campfire rings for the fun of it. I am not quite sure what he is getting from doing it so if you come across him, better to move on and make your camp about 20 miles away.
    1f Click image for larger version  Name:	Blaze IMO.jpg Views:	49 Size:	989.4 KB ID:	184503Click image for larger version  Name:	pit icepick.jpeg Views:	46 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	184504
    Last edited by Sherif Billy; 08-01-2020, 11:13 PM.

Comment

All Fenn needs for this hunt to succeed is plausible deniability, which I think he has. My concern is not much about success of the hunt in achieving what Fenn wanted it to. I want the goodies. But not too much fame associated with it. Even if the value is not a huge fortune, the 7%ers could be -- shall we say -- "unpredictable".

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Blaze IMO.jpg Views:	49 Size:	989.4 KB ID:	184503
        One thing about that fence object it has an entrance/exit, could be a rudimentary shelter?

Comment

All Fenn needs for this hunt to succeed is plausible deniability, which I think he has. My concern is not much about success of the hunt in achieving what Fenn wanted it to. I want the goodies. But not too much fame associated with it. Even if the value is not a huge fortune, the 7%ers could be -- shall we say -- "unpredictable".
          I find the weather more unpredictable these days. I got caught off guard by a thunderstorm that nearly flipped my Jeep, broke the windows, and barely escaped a muddy flash flood that was over my front bumper and a smidge away from flaming me out and floating me away. There wasnt even thunderstorms in the forecast let alone an epic storm like that. Mother nature scares me. People dont.
          Last edited by Tornado; 08-02-2020, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I get that the 7% er's can be a nuisance. Nobody knows that better than FF, and I feel sorry for him that he has to deal with them. In actuality, it is quite compassionate and kind of FF to "protect" the solver from the lawsuits and loonies until things quiet down. Speaking of quiet, FF deserves some peace and quite. I get that. Even though people (including searchers) know how to act "grown-up" most of the time, they occasionally succumb to human frailties such as being impatient. That being said, nobody ever likes to be left in the dark, or "ghosted."

Comment

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post

One thing about that fence object it has an entrance/exit, could be a rudimentary shelter?
              Well.......Mr. Big that is actually the first plausible explanation anyone has ever given me. However, I don't think so. The wind and weather are never very bad in that location. #1, trees surround the campsite breaking any wind. #2 it's down in the Arroyo, perhaps 100-200 feet below the surface of the earth, further protecting against harsh weather. #3. It really didn't have and entrance. The whole thing was held together with native wild grapevines which were growing nearby. The picture is exactly as we found it. It appeared as though the structure was starting to fall apart as one would expect after 8-9 years of having been unattended to. #4. There is abundant shelter close by under all those huge blocks of basalt that have tumbled down over the eons of time. Click image for larger version  Name:	entrranceewest.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.5 KB ID:	184700Click image for larger version  Name:	entrancecampblaze.JPG Views:	0 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	184701
              west and east entrances to that hidden camp area

Comment

Well.......Mr. Big that is actually the first plausible explanation anyone has ever given me. However, I don't think so. The wind and weather are never very bad in that location. #1, trees surround the campsite breaking any wind. #2 it's down in the Arroyo, perhaps 100-200 feet below the surface of the earth, further protecting against harsh weather. #3. It really didn't have and entrance. The whole thing was held together with native wild grapevines which were growing nearby. The picture is exactly as we found it. It appeared as though the structure was starting to fall apart as one would expect after 8-9 years of having been unattended to. #4. There is abundant shelter close by under all those huge blocks of basalt that have tumbled down over the eons of time. Click image for larger version Name:	entrranceewest.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.5 KB ID:	184700Click image for larger version Name:	entrancecampblaze.JPG Views:	0 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	184701
                west and east entrances to that hidden camp area
                Your points are not exactly Montana storms Mr Sherif, dampens the shelter plausability, however i like the stones in place holding down edges of the canopy tar paul in.

It may or not be the blaze Mr Sherif but the hookey blaze holds charactaristics of the real blaze.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	Blaze IMO.jpg Views:	49 Size:	989.4 KB ID:	184503

reminds me of the joke of the year competition, i entered with..

What do you call a fly with no wings?
                  A walk.

i never did understand the winning joke until now

20/12/2001
                  https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/...ities.research

World's funniest joke, submitted by Geoff Anandappa, from Blackpool

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson are going camping. They pitch their tent under the stars and go to sleep. In the middle of the night Holmes wakes Watson up: "Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what you deduce."

Watson: "I see millions of stars and even if a few of those have planets, it's quite likely there are some planets like Earth, and if there are a few planets like Earth out there, there might also be life."

Holmes: "Watson, you idiot, somebody's stolen our tent!"

Comment

Working...
                  X