Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if there is no real finder yet, but Forrest wants the SOLVER to come forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
    I took a big leap of Faith and followed the voices to where they told me to go.
    I looked, but didn't find the treasure.
    Now what?
    Perhaps I wasn't listening good enough.
    Intuition only goes so far. Then you have to think beyond the symbolics of it all.

Comment

Some are still listening.

Comment

There are endless ways to construct what may have happened. We may or may not hear or see anything more about the treasure chest or it’s contents. It was a dream of all of us to find and retrieve Forrest’s chest, but with Forrest’s announcement we must move on to new dreams.

One day I plan to return to my personal poem solution spot and look in there one last time. Perhaps I will leave a message in a bottle in that tucked away corner of the Rocky Mountains that I enjoyed visiting over the years.

TTOTC was a gift to all who chose to participate. The chase doesn’t need to end. Each of us gets to decide if we wish to chase something and then we decide to chase it. The thrill can live as long as each of us wishes. If you wish a thrilling life then live one every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dampenedmyth View Post
          There are endless ways to construct what may have happened. We may or may not hear or see anything more about the treasure chest or it’s contents. It was a dream of all of us to find and retrieve Forrest’s chest, but with Forrest’s announcement we must move on to new dreams.

One day I plan to return to my personal poem solution spot and look in there one last time. Perhaps I will leave a message in a bottle in that tucked away corner of the Rocky Mountains that I enjoyed visiting over the years.

TTOTC was a gift to all who chose to participate. The chase doesn’t need to end. Each of us gets to decide if we wish to chase something and then we decide to chase it. The thrill can live as long as each of us wishes. If you wish a thrilling life then live one every day.
          I really like everything you just said.
          Reminds me of Dr Seuss:
          If you wish to make a wish,
          you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Comment

This idea that the solver is somehow different from the finder is funny to me. It seams like the consensus of those who believe it is the solver would be in turmoil over their inability, unwillingness, or just general failure to retrieve the chest. They had this thing in their grasp, and they inexplicably lost it at the last moment.

But what if...

What if the solver knew they had solved it, knew they were somehow being monitored, and decided to flip the script. Forrest would likely know who that person is based on prior communication, and he would know something was up when a different person rang his doorbell.

Now this new person, who possibly couldn’t describe the solve, is before Forrest, and their character is laid bear. Do they stay quiet and keep the loot? Does their conscience overcome them and they decide to share it with the solver? Do they just give it to Fenn and let him decide the best way to disburse it? What does Forrest do? What does his family do? All interesting questions IMO.

If this solver is as out-there as people think, maybe they foresaw this, and knowing that a test was to come at the end, decided to reverse roles and administer their own test. Maybe they’re more interested in this whole experience as performance art rather than simple treasure.

Pretty crazy, I know, but this whole thing hasn’t exactly been an exercise in mediocrity... and wouldn’t that be a cool end?
            "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
              Forrest should never be under-estimated. I've said this many times. I think he knows by now that not only has the poem been correctly solved, but the solver has been to the specific, small hidey spot
              and therefore, by all rights, "deserves" to have found the trove there . . . even if it was never put there. So maybe Forrest wants the clever solver to contact him, and ask him to fork over the goodies, as
              a valid, correct, thorough, and reasonable attempt to find them has been made.
              what if the sky only looks blue but is really green... what if apple sauce really taste like chicken and chicken really taste like tomatoes?

Comment

what if?

Comment

one thing that came out of this chase that I'm really grateful for.... I found this via anothers post on my thread.

purchased and owned....

my only regret is that I wish I had found the Rocky Mts in my 20s not my 50s

Comment

Forrest should never be under-estimated. I've said this many times. I think he knows by now that not only has the poem been correctly solved, but the solver has been to the specific, small hidey spot
                    and therefore, by all rights, "deserves" to have found the trove there . . . even if it was never put there. So maybe Forrest wants the clever solver to contact him, and ask him to fork over the goodies, as
                    what if the solver is just waiting for mr fenn to acknowledge him? after all, this is mr fenn’s contest and it is just proper that he is the one to announce who the winner is. just like in boxing for example, even if you knock-out your opponent, you can not declare yourself the winner. the referee has to do it to make it official.

after all, without the chest to show for, how confident can one be?
                    Last edited by hfywc; 07-12-2020, 04:43 AM.

Comment

maybe Forrest wants the clever solver to contact him
                      No shortage of those around here. I have to push "clever solvers" out of my way just to get across the street.

Best,
                      -Slashy

Comment

Peace,

Orion/Embroidery

Click image for larger version

Name:	FennovaVirus.png
Views:	306
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	176643

Comment

Originally posted by hfywc View Post

what if the solver is just waiting for mr fenn to acknowledge him? after all, this is mr fenn’s contest and it is just proper that he is the one to announce who the winner is. just like in boxing for example, even if you knock-out your opponent, you can not declare yourself the winner. the referee has to do it to make it official.

after all, without the chest to show for, how confident can one be?
                          I think this is a very strong possibility. Then we would all have some answers. But, even hope in this ending fades fast with the passage of time.
                          Last edited by elperro; 07-12-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Mootmann

Hi Sharp. If there is no real finder yet and Forrest wants the Solver to come forward, but the guy is shy maybe due to being sidetracked several times in his life, greatly respects Forrest, and has not made any demands or issued commands concerning the treasure chest, maybe Forrest could contact or acknowledge him by email, phone, public statement, other method, or thru someone else. After all, this is Forrest’s Chase and he alone is the “owner”, “empire”, “referee”, or “gamemaster” who calls the shots, plays, and can even change his mind at any time. At this point in the post chase, everything is up to Forrest as it always has been.
                            This is true but he has to know what the finder is thinking. Perhaps they are communicating, what makes you think they aren't? I'm sure F has access to the Finders networks and support. Most importantly the Finder must make F sure he will do as he says. However, as this thing comes to a close there are many things that aren't in the poem that may bring some pause to the finder which may be why we haven't heard...he has ceded control.

I have always been positive of my solve only tease more out of it after hearing some arbitrary comment. What I am amazed at is how much information was packed into the poem. It's like a zip file, once unpacked it gobbles up your whole computer.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post
                              No shortage of those around here. I have to push "clever solvers" out of my way just to get across the street.

Best,
                              -Slashy
                              In actuality: Let's cut to the chase, It makes my day when I find them so I can shove them around and put them down because we all know that a Best slashy should've been the clever solver.

Comment

Originally posted by TreasurePoem.com View Post

In actuality: Let's cut to the chase, It makes my day when I find them so I can shove them around and put them down because we all know that a Best slashy should've been the clever solver.

In the words of Anna: "Nope". My point is that nobody can "know" that they solved it without objective proof; the chest, pics of the 10x10 hole it sat in, or confirmation from Fenn. That goes for me, you, and everybody else. Difference between us is I don't go around proclaiming that I solved it, while you do.

Now get out of my way. I gotta cross the street.
                                -Slashy
                                Last edited by GoSlash27; 07-12-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X