Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if there is no real finder yet, but Forrest wants the SOLVER to come forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if there is no real finder yet, but Forrest wants the SOLVER to come forward?

Forrest should never be under-estimated. I've said this many times. I think he knows by now that not only has the poem been correctly solved, but the solver has been to the specific, small hidey spot
    and therefore, by all rights, "deserves" to have found the trove there . . . even if it was never put there. So maybe Forrest wants the clever solver to contact him, and ask him to fork over the goodies, as
    a valid, correct, thorough, and reasonable attempt to find them has been made.

What if the guy really is shy? And has great respect for F? So he doesn’t make demands, or issue commands, for a treasure that Forrest Fenn left?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
      Forrest should never be under-estimated. I've said this many times. I think he knows by now that not only has the poem been correctly solved, but the solver has been to the specific, small hidey spot
      and therefore, by all rights, "deserves" to have found the trove there . . . even if it was never put there. So maybe Forrest wants the clever solver to contact him, and ask him to fork over the goodies, as
      OP, an interesting idea, but I’m willing to bet that anyone with a solve they believed in that much, and having gone there BOTG, and found nothing (applies to basically all searchers), have probably peppered Fenn’s inbox, despite being asked not to. But, I like that you’re exploring alternate endings to this big mystery. Besides, it would be presumptuous for a searcher to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post

OP, an interesting idea, but I’m willing to bet that anyone with a solve they believed in that much, and having gone there BOTG, and found nothing (applies to basically all searchers), have probably peppered Fenn’s inbox, despite being asked not to. But, I like that you’re exploring alternate endings to this big mystery. Besides, it would be presumptuous for a searcher to do that.
        Only to find it unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
          Maybe the Lead Searcher/Solver lead a particular person to the location ? For now we will call him Charlie. What will Charlie do in the end ? The end is ever drawing neigh !

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

Maybe the Lead Searcher/Solver lead a particular person to the location ? For now we will call him Charlie. What will Charlie do in the end ? The end is ever drawing neigh !
            Charlie goes into the tunnel

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post

Only to find it unnecessary.
              Without having previously contacted Fenn, I suppose that the only way that FF would know if there were a solver that had been to the hidey spot and found nothing (yet was correct in their solution), would be if there were a poster on the various blogs who was very descriptive about their information. How would they know to contact Fenn? FF could just PM them, in that scenario. I find this situation unlikely though, as most searchers hold their cards close to their chest.
              Last edited by elperro; 07-11-2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post

Charlie goes into the tunnel
                Https://youtu.be/XB401RfGMlM

Comment

I suppose that the only way that FF would know if there were a solver that had been to the hidey spot and found nothing (yet was correct in their solution), would be if there were a poster on the various blogs who was very descriptive about their information. How would they know to contact Fenn? FF could just PM them, in that scenario. I find this situation unlikely though, as most searchers hold their cards close to their chest.
                  "Only" is just too absolute to be accurate. I can think of several ways forrest was aware of where certain people were searching. And also lead a certain person to the spot with neither of them the wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

"Only" is just too absolute to be accurate. I can think of several ways forrest was aware of where certain people were searching. And also lead a certain person to the spot with neither of them the wiser.
                    Quest, I agree. "Only" is limiting, and I should have written "one way." But to properly know where someone has searched, down to the size of a bathtub, requires more than just knowing the general location someone is searching. In my opinion, it requires a detailed description of a solve and possibly photos. Perhaps in the great solve dump of 2020, this information was divulged online, and the rest of us are none the wiser.

Comment

You may be right - the solver and the finder may be two different people who have never communicated with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if such a solver sent at least one email to Forrest prior to the announcement of the chest being found. I don't doubt that Forrest could readily locate such an email and that Forrest could readily contact the solver, if that is important to Forrest. But, these are decisions for Forrest in the event that your contention about a separate solver are correct.
                      Last edited by YNP Solve; 07-11-2020, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Quest, I agree. "Only" is limiting, and I should have written "one way." But to properly know where someone has searched, down to the size of a bathtub, requires more than just knowing the general location someone is searching. In my opinion, it requires a detailed description of a solve and possibly photos. Perhaps in the great solve dump of 2020, this information was divulged online, and the rest of us are none the wiser.
                        Divulging the solve is not required to point to location. If forrest is keeping tabs on what certain people are emailing him and also posting online then he could know without a doubt how close a person got. And so could the finder without knowing what forrest got for emails because they are very familiar with general search location.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever
                          That would be a brilliant way of getting around any ownership questions. Follow the clues, go to the specific spot, find the obvious thing that is referred to by Forrest, and send him a picture while saying you didn't find the treasure. Hopefully there's not multiple instances of the obvious thing. Also a way for Forrest to know the spot has been correctly identified. Not sure how that would work in 50 years, but we can think about that, there might be a way.
                          I'm sure he got pics, diagrams and word descriptions that blew his mind.

Comment

I took a big leap of Faith and followed the voices to where they told me to go.
                            I looked, but didn't find the treasure.
                            Now what?
                            Perhaps I wasn't listening good enough.

Comment

You know, I know its crazy but this might actually might really be the ending.

1f

Comment

Working...
                              X