No announcement yet.

A word for the Finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize if this has been discussed previously.
    After the treasure was found I was too depressed to look at any posts. When I did start looking, I recall seeing a quote on Dal's site where Forrest said something like "The Chase is over, sob." I can't find the quote anymore, but I remember thinking sob was a strange word to use. It reminded me of p 16 of TTOTC where he says "I guess she never understood the irony of calling him a son-of-a-bitch."
    Did anyone else find this strange?

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
      After the treasure was found I was too depressed to look at any posts. When I did start looking, I recall seeing a quote on Dal's site where Forrest said something like "The Chase is over, sob." I can't find the quote anymore, but I remember thinking sob was a strange word to use. It reminded me of p 16 of TTOTC where he says "I guess she never understood the irony of calling him a son-of-a-bitch."
      I wasn't sure what to make of it. He could've been saying sob, like he was sad, or son of a b**** like he was upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Anon Anon View Post

I wasn't sure what to make of it. He could've been saying sob, like he was sad, or son of a b**** like he was upset.
        I kinda wonder. It seems like a lot of the things he says have at least two meanings.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
          What if I was to say....
          "Come on people, get on board."
          Don't believe he was sad or upset; he was making a point.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

What if I was to say....
            "Come on people, get on board."
            Don't believe he was sad or upset; he was making a point.
            Maybe. I should point out that I can't remember the exact wording or punctuation so I might have misquoted him. I just thought it seemed strange at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

The original Italian Job is a great example of a cliffhanger.

https://youtu.be/HZCaSyid4m0
              So is the Diary of Anne Frank......
              Last edited by Sherif Billy; 07-10-2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Tears

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                  Tears
                  Tears come in many forms and hospice is no joke.
                  Last edited by Strawshadow; 07-10-2020, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I am 105% sure the finder is doing exactly whatever (s)he thinks FF wants them to do.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                      I am 105% sure the finder is doing exactly whatever (s)he thinks FF wants them to do.
                      I agree. People are not doing the "if...then" analysis.
                      They want answers without consideration of some adverse ends.
                      Think.

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                        What if there was a bargain struck?

Forrest said that the finder could make those two calls.

I am wondering what else was on the table to bargain with?

Forrest made a promise to the finder. In my experience promises normally come in pairs.
                        Of course there was a bargain.....there is a synergistic effect on the money making opportunities if the finder and Fenn collaborate. This was a business to Fenn just like the art he sold. Frankly, the story is what is the valuable piece here.

Comment

My guess is that there's a move afoot to boost the perceived value (to collectors) of the trove. That should benefit me after I find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

All this tells me we‘re waiting for Forrest and his plans! You really think he invested all this time and doesn‘t have a plan for the end?

He will speak up when he wants to and he will call for the finder to step up, as soon as it fits into Forrest‘s plan!

My theory is Forrest HAS A PLAN and the finder is respectfully following it!
                            Staying silent if the finder wanted it was always Forrest's public plan. The only question now is: does the finder have any plan? Silence speaks volumes. Not even a "stay tuned."

Comment

Originally posted by Strawshadow View Post
                              Tears come in many forms and hospice is no joke.
                              Strawshadow--
                              Whaaaat? Do you know the truth about most hospice organizations?? Do you know that it's big business now? What's wrong with dying the old fashioned way? The average time from entering hospice until death? NINE days! Wow

My father-in-law was 92yrs. and lost his hearing fighting in the battle of the bulge. He fought against those that believed in eugenics and Lebensunwertes Leben. So I was dismayed when my sister-in-law said that he had to go into hospice. When I asked why. she replied "it was just his time." When I continued to push her she told me SHE "was just tired of all this" When I offered to let him live with us she wouldn't let me take him.

That is just the beginning of the story....it was a nightmare. When I was young I often used to wonder who among us could be a guard at a Nazi concentration camp? ...and then I met them...the doctor (dedicated to hospice care) who writes the hospice medications and the hospice nurses who administers them. Those people really do believe some lives are not worthy of living. Don't get me started...
                              1f

What do you know? https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...anasia-patient
                              Last edited by Sherif Billy; 07-11-2020, 12:10 AM.

Comment

We are of the following opinions:

1. The finding/ending of the treasure/hunt provides Forrest's family the impetus they require to ask him to step away, and it is clear that he has.

2. Forrest can use his previous public statements as justifications for his lack of action, implying he's not being held hostage by the finder, he's using the situation to his own advantage.

3. The finder is doing what any financial manager and/or attorney would tell any of us to do had we found the treasure:

a. mitigate personal risk,

b. mitigate legal risk, and

c. develop a wealth-building plan - all of which take time.

There is nothing in any of the above that either requires or forces the finder to announce anything until they are ready. We'll read about his decisions in the media in 6 to 12 months.

Fenn and the finder are acting in their own respective best interests - not uncommon behavior for the average human. We see nothing wrong with that.

t.

Comment

Working...
                                X