A word for the Finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A word for the Finder

Consider this.....you have the power to put your anonymity aside and alleviate the burden that frivolous lawsuits and the silent ending of this hunt have put on Forrest. By coming forward you could save a ninety year old man and his family from more unwelcome encumbrances. It seems your word in the court of law could put a lot of unnecessary allegations to rest.

What if there was a bargain struck?

Forrest said that the finder could make those two calls.

I am wondering what else was on the table to bargain with?

Forrest made a promise to the finder. In my experience promises normally come in pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
      Consider this.....you have the power to put your anonymity aside and alleviate the burden that frivolous lawsuits and the silent ending of this hunt have put on Forrest. By coming forward you could save a ninety year old man and his family from more unwelcome encumbrances. It seems your word in the court of law could put a lot of unnecessary allegations to rest.
      Except that even if they did, no one would believe them.

Comment

All 30 finders have already come forward, but maybe not enough seating in the courthouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
          What if there was a bargain struck?

Forrest said that the finder could make those two calls.

I am wondering what else was on the table to bargain with?

Forrest made a promise to the finder. In my experience promises normally come in pairs.
          Could be that they are BOTH protecting something - in each of their best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
            It took Forrest 15 years to write the poem and he spent 10 years giving hints. 25 years! This is 22.5 percent of his life! Almost a 1/4. He spent more years on the chase than he did in the military.
            Yet, he lets one man dictate this 25 years. What is wrong with this picture? This so called finder has taken away 25 years from Forrest life, because he will never be able to tell the solve and this destroys his legacy. The poem is only a poem now with no solve. In time he will be mocked in the history books and they will tell of his infamous treasure hunt with disregard. Forrest knows this and I am certain he will try and wiggle his way above in some fashion, but it will take time. It may already be too late. I know there are a lot of cold people in the world, but I just can't fathom the finder being this cold hearted. If the finder is the author, then it all makes sense.
            I am in the camp that neither Forrest nor the Finder owe us anything. I also respectfully disagree with your assessment. If anything, this may be exactly what Forrest wants.. It adds so much mystery that people will be speaking about his treasure well after he is gone. If the location and solution get out, that's it. Nothing left to see here. However, this way, he leaves all to wonder for eternity, depending on what the finder decides of course. Just a thought.

Comment

Goldilocks
              Your assuming that the finder can answer questions under oath. THEY CAN'T
              Not only do they not know the answers but they might incriminate themselves if they did testify.

Think of it this way...Forrest left his rare and expensive car somewhere with the keys in it. He then told people, you can have that car for free, but you have to get to the car by completing these steps. But instead of completing the steps that Forrest said were necessary to get the car, a thief steals the answer to where the car is and drives away with it. Now you are asking that thief to come to court and answer some questions. What do you think the chance is that they will show up?You know when you testify in court the opposing party has the right to cross examine. Right? Do you really believe someone who is willing to steal the answer is going to care for the feelings of a 90 year old man? They could give a rat's ass for any of our feelings...

Sociopath...
              1. Doesn’t respect social norms or laws. They consistently break laws or overstep social boundaries.
              2. Lies, deceives others, uses false identities or nicknames, and uses others for personal gain.
              3. Doesn’t make any long-term plans. They also often behave without thinking of consequences.
              4. Shows aggressive or aggravated behavior. They consistently get into fights or physically harm others.
              5. Doesn’t consider their own safety or the safety of others.
              6. Doesn't follow up on personal or professional responsibilities. This can include repeatedly being late to work or not paying bills on time.
              7. Doesn’t feel guilt or remorse for having harmed or mistreated others.
              Last edited by Sherif Billy; 07-10-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post

I am in the camp that neither Forrest nor the Finder owe us anything. I also respectfully disagree with your assessment. If anything, this may be exactly what Forrest wants.. It adds so much mystery that people will be speaking about his treasure well after he is gone. If the location and solution get out, that's it. Nothing left to see here. However, this way, he leaves all to wonder for eternity, depending on what the finder decides of course. Just a thought.
                The only thing this strategy effects is the searchers and why would Forrest or the Finder want to play games like that, for notoriety? Everyone outside of the search community aren't all that interested in this hunt. It would've been an intriguing mystery if it was never found, but unfortunately for Forrest, it was.

Comment

I think I will write a book without an ending. Do you think it will sell? Will they make a movie? Will it be remembered?
                  Mr. Oh-
                  I think it has about the same chance as a murder mystery with the missing chapter identifying who the murderer was and how the detective solved it.

In other words, It's sure to be a best seller...
                  1f

Comment

The only thing this strategy effects is the searchers and why would Forrest or the Finder want to play games like that, for notoriety? Everyone outside of the search community aren't all that interested in this hunt. It would've been an intriguing mystery if it was never found, but unfortunately for Forrest, it was.
                    Greed

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                      Goldilocks
                      Your assuming that the finder can answer questions under oath. THEY CAN'T
                      Not only do they not know the answers but they might incriminate themselves if they did testify.

Think of it this way...Forrest left his rare and expensive car somewhere with the keys in it. He then told people, you can have that car for free, but you have to get to the car by completing these steps. But instead of completing the steps that Forrest said were necessary to get the car, a thief steals the answer to where the car is and drives away with it. Now you are asking that thief to come to court and answer some questions. What do you think the chance is that they will show up?You know when you testify in court the opposing party has the right to cross examine. Right? Do you really believe someone who is willing to steal the answer is going to care for the feelings of a 90 year old man? They could give a rat's ass for any of our feelings...

Sociopath...
                      1. Doesn’t respect social norms or laws. They consistently break laws or overstep social boundaries.
                      2. Lies, deceives others, uses false identities or nicknames, and uses others for personal gain.
                      3. Doesn’t make any long-term plans. They also often behave without thinking of consequences.
                      4. Shows aggressive or aggravated behavior. They consistently get into fights or physically harm others.
                      5. Doesn’t consider their own safety or the safety of others.
                      6. Doesn't follow up on personal or professional responsibilities. This can include repeatedly being late to work or not paying bills on time.
                      7. Doesn’t feel guilt or remorse for having harmed or mistreated others.
                      Hi Sherif Billy,
                      Ok so you're assuming it was found by someone who wasn't worthy of the chest, someone who didn't earn it. That's kind of my point in my original post. If the finder doesn't come forward and speak out to defend Forrest then there is a reason and I don't think it's because Forrest is taking one for the team and doing the Finder a favor. Someone is covering up something IMO. That doesn't mean it's something nefarious, just something that they don't want public.

Comment

It took Forrest 15 years to write the poem and he spent 10 years giving hints. 25 years! This is 22.5 percent of his life! Almost a 1/4. He spent more years on the chase than he did in the military.
                        Yet, he lets one man dictate this 25 years. What is wrong with this picture? This so called finder has taken away 25 years from Forrest life, because he will never be able to tell the solve and this destroys his legacy. The poem is only a poem now with no solve. In time he will be mocked in the history books and they will tell of his infamous treasure hunt with disregard. Forrest knows this and I am certain he will try and wiggle his way above in some fashion, but it will take time. It may already be too late. I know there are a lot of cold people in the world, but I just can't fathom the finder being this cold hearted. If the finder is the author, then it all makes sense.
                        All this tells me we‘re waiting for Forrest and his plans! You really think he invested all this time and doesn‘t have a plan for the end?

He will speak up when he wants to and he will call for the finder to step up, as soon as it fits into Forrest‘s plan!

My theory is Forrest HAS A PLAN and the finder is respectfully following it!

„It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                        G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

I think I will write a book without an ending. Do you think it will sell? Will they make a movie? Will it be remembered?
                          Actually, there have been countless films and television series that have ended with an ending that could be interpreted many ways.

Comment

I'm thinking... hmm.. f buys a painting that he knows there is an interested buyer and he hangs it in his office. He calls the buyer and the buyer sorta scoffs at it.. then the painting hangs there on his wall for a month or two ( I don't remember how the story actually went) but it bothers the buyer every time she she's it that he won't lower the price. He claims he has grown attached to it (value has nothing to do with feelings in SALES) How did the story end?

Comment

Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post

Actually, there have been countless films and television series that have ended with an ending that could be interpreted many ways.
                              The original Italian Job is a great example of a cliffhanger.

https://youtu.be/HZCaSyid4m0
                              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Working...
                              X