Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parting Words - Forrest tipped us a Penny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post

When I say they I am being funny. But I mean within days if it was me in the lead.
    Ah, I gotcha. Be careful, it still seems pretty brutal out there.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

Ah, I gotcha. Be careful, it still seems pretty brutal out there.
      Explain

Comment

This narrative I speak of will show itself by how clearly in the lead the best solve is. Everybody's going to notice.
        I believe the part about the best solve being clearly in the lead. I'm not convinced that everybody's going to notice, as that is too broad a general claim.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post

Actually, no. He never got paid for any of his books. He's just straight up out 2 million dollars. What he got out of the deal was attention and an ego boost. He also did it for altruistic reasons (get people out exploring nature and loving it like he did).
          But not a single person out there was searching for the treasure as a favor to him. They were all doing it for themselves.
          Best,
          -Slashy
          Finding the treasure couldn't be much of a favor to Fenn, even in the best case. He got more enjoyment and benefit while the thing was not found, and the "legend" continued to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post
            I've pretty much moved on and let it go.. but still waiting to hear any news on the finder or real solution.. but it may never be revealed.. when f had an interview and in the end the reporter ask him if he had any parting words of wisdom he said "SELL" that was it.. really.. that is the best he could come up with on the fly.. well that just told me that really he was a pretty shallow soul IMO only.. but that was the best words he had.. nothing about there is always discoveries to make when you look for them or some deep conscious stirring.. brought to light.. think about it.. it was all about his legacy and now that is coming to a close like I figured it would if the treasure was found.. he will be but an asterisks like most of us. perhaps he might have influenced some one's future but an a mass scale it's over until another crazy old man decides to hide a million bucks and challenges everyone to go find it.
            Given the SELL comment, Have you ever looked at the Junkyard near Wall St. Southwest of Cody?

Pretty good waterfall there from satellite view, and an X to mark the spot as well.

Comment

This narrative I speak of will show itself by how clearly in the lead the best solve is. Everybody's going to notice.
              Maybe this is why the LS is acting like such a cocky ---hole?

Comment

Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post

Given the SELL comment, Have you ever looked at the Junkyard near Wall St. Southwest of Cody?

Pretty good waterfall there from satellite view, and an X to mark the spot as well.
                I haven't. But I'd like to see the satellite view. Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

I love being lead.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

It's not a given, but there's enough signs. Finder last contacted Forrest in 2018; Forrest had the gut feeling then. It's pretty good odds the finder had a general solve and forrest knew it. Yet at least one (or maybe two) full season went by with no find.

Forrest dumped all these scrapbooks at the end of the 2019 season, then the finder finds it almost immediately at arguably the start of the 2020 season. It's pretty logical to think the scrapbooks kicked something loose over the winter for the finder.
                    Something revealed itself that was revealed to Forrest and then he dumped the remaining scrapbooks. Except for One big one

Comment

Originally posted by Broken arrow View Post

Something revealed itself that was revealed to Forrest and then he dumped the remaining scrapbooks. Except for One big one
                      Well, Jack has since come out and said the scrapbooks don't have hints, don'tchaknow. Yet you must read everything Forrest wrote to know the man and solve the non-puzzle. It's not as onerous as it sounds. Jack found where Forrest wanted to die in a couple weeks. But if you must read everything, there must be hints as to who Forrest was in what you read, thus hints to the non-puzzle, eh?

Eh, screw it, Jack doesn't know WTF is up. What's the big one?
                      Last edited by CRM114; 02-17-2021, 11:05 AM.
                      You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

There you go again, Mr. O.P.--

No one called Forrest a Cocky ___hole. He dealt out hints and clues like a professional Western gunslinger.

I for one, admire a person that is confident in their person and solve. If that person is hinting or sharing clues, aren't they doing it at their own peril?
                        It takes either conjones or stupidity (or both) to share hints with the community, not knowing who might figure it out and beat him (or her) to that special spot.

It kind of reminds me of society's values.
                        A man who sleeps around and is a womanizer is labeled a stud.
                        A woman who does exactly the same thing...is a whore.

So LS..
                        I'm a big fan of yours. I'll walk a mile through the snow in your shoes. Just give me a call.

1f Billy
                        Last edited by Sherif Billy; 02-17-2021, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                          I think the thing that bothers me the most is that Forrest only gave us a parting words on Dal's site. Here we are for the past ten years, entertaining Forrest and all we get for a tip for years of service is a penny he left in the bottom of a used water glass. I guess I'm longing for some final words of wisdom from the man who gave us all so much joy and purpose in our lives and now he's gone like a fart in the wind, leaving us all with a faint smell of something putrid and a mess at the table. Bus boy, clean up this mess! I quit!
                          You're mistaken Mr. Lion

Forrest didn't leave us a penny, but rather a quarter.

Paraphrasing Forrest: "My friend shot a birdie on the fourth hole"
                          Now a fourth (two bits) of a dollar is a quarter.
                          You might want to look at it carefully and then look at the mojo SB.

Forrest tipped us a quarter.
                          1f Billy
                          Last edited by Sherif Billy; 02-17-2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

There you go again, Mr. O.P.--

No one called Forrest a Cocky ___hole. He dealt out hints and clues like a professional Western gunslinger.

I for one, admire a person that is confident in their person and solve. If that person is hinting or sharing clues, aren't they doing it at their own peril?
                            It takes either conjones or stupidity (or both) to share hints with the community, not knowing who might figure it out and beat him (or her) to that special spot.

It kind of reminds me of society's values.
                            A man who sleeps around and is a womanizer is labeled a stud.
                            A woman who does exactly the same thing...is a whore.

So LS..
                            I'm a big fan of yours. I'll walk a mile through the snow in your shoes. Just give me a call.

1f Billy
                            Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Is that a good call Billy... Thanks!!! The Hillbealy

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                              I think the thing that bothers me the most is that Forrest only gave us a parting words on Dal's site. Here we are for the past ten years, entertaining Forrest and all we get for a tip for years of service is a penny he left in the bottom of a used water glass. I guess I'm longing for some final words of wisdom from the man who gave us all so much joy and purpose in our lives and now he's gone like a fart in the wind, leaving us all with a faint smell of something putrid and a mess at the table. Bus boy, clean up this mess! I quit!
                              Some pennies are quite valuable. A 1943 copper penny, for example, is typically worth tens of thousands of dollars. If one of these was left on a table as a tip, I probably wouldn't pay much attention to it, unless it was lying "wheat" side up. That would probably be noticeable to me, causing me to check the date. Regarding Forrest's "parting words", I consider them to indicate that the real hunt is not over for serious searchers. Even though I'm one, I skipped this last search season due to risk of catching Covid. But I expect to be back at it (searching, that is) in about half a year.

Comment

Old Pilot I'd like to find a "mule." quarter on one side and (usually) a Sac dollar on the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X