Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"...hope they will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...hope they will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries...."

THE TREASURE HAS BEEN FOUND
    It was under a canopy of stars in the lush, forested vegetation of the Rocky Mountains and had not moved from the spot where I hid it more than 10 years ago. I do not know the person who found it, but the poem in my book led him to the precise spot.

I congratulate the thousands of people who participated in the search and hope they will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries.
    So the search is over. Look for more information and photos in the coming days. f

https://dalneitzel.com/

Like the hammer that was left under the floorboards of the cabin built by JH Sharp, has anyone wondered, after reading Forrest's announcement of the treasure being found and his expression of hoe that "...they will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries...", whether something may have been left at the spot by the Retriever?

I wonder because, as I had indicated, I had thought of leaving a Searcher coin with a note for the other Solver, should I have been able to reach the spot first.

With that in mind, but not knowing for sure if something had been left, what would you do with you solution if;

A) You live in one of the four search states or near the area in which you believe the chest to have been hidden

or

B) You live too far away to make the trip yourself

Peace,

O.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FFCoinPen.png
Views:	4117
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	171495

I doubt Forrest would steal thunder like that unless the finder suggested it. Yet surely both are smart enough to know people were going to dump their solves and would be upset if they suddenly found out this was a hint to a prize for second place.

The more logical idea would be Forrest left something extra, unbeknownst to the finder. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the bells or jars is near the treasure location.

Comment

ORION
      Searcher coin??, you cheap ass! How about 10 of those 265 golden ones!!
      HAHA, Just playing with you. Have you released the search state you think its in yet? I have not seen it if you did.

Comment

Originally posted by chesttroll View Post
        ORION
        Searcher coin??, you cheap ass! How about 10 of those 265 golden ones!!
        HAHA, Just playing with you. Have you released the search state you think its in yet? I have not seen it if you did.
        Just a Searcher coin but I'm sure you would take it just the same....

I haven't released a state yet. Still contemplating how to release my solution...The poll I created was somewhat inconclusive in that people indicated they wanted to see it released step by step but I don't think anyone commented at all on the content and images I posted in that thread...so much of those images and words put Searchers in the right frame of mind to understand the solution...and hardly a word.

I may post the location with coordinates and photos of things in the area that tie to images in Forrest's stories.

That may get people's attention, then I could walk through the Solve step by step.

We'll see.

Orion

Comment

Nobody worry about releasing solutions. The 4x8 hole was empty back in September before I detected it down to 4' and checked the entire area. No need to hold any cards anymore.

Comment

I'd probably make a GoFundMe

Comment

Originally posted by Angus_beef40 View Post
              I'd probably make a GoFundMe
              Hmmmm, this is a lil suspicious.
              Peace,
              CT

Comment

Working...
              X