If you have a searching partner..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have a searching partner..

If you have a searching partner, best to have them wait in the car.

What's your interpretation of his statement above?
    Here's mine:

If you have a searching partner, best to have them weigh in the car. (car. is an abbreviation of carat). If you have a partner, and find the treasure, you have to weigh the gold in carats to split it with your partner.

Originally posted by MobyDic12345 View Post
    If you have a searching partner, best to have them wait in the car.

What's your interpretation of his statement above?
    Here's mine:

If you have a searching partner, best to have them weigh in the car. (car. is an abbreviation of carat). If you have a partner, and find the treasure, you have to weigh the gold in carats to split it with your partner.
    that's an easy one - it means "I'll be right back in a minute."
    My folks said that to us kids all the time.
    (We had the windows rolled down)

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

that's an easy one - it means "I'll be right back in a minute."
      My folks said that to us kids all the time.
      (We had the windows rolled down)
      Even after Forrest said so many times - be safe, don't go alone?

Comment

Considering my search partner, this probably meant something different to me than to anyone else.

But seriously, I actually put a lot of thought into this. Like Froggy, one idea I had was that the treasure was close to where he parked. I also thought that "Weight" might mean "W eight". At my location I took that to be a hint that the longitude was 8".

Comment

Originally posted by MobyDic12345 View Post

Even after Forrest said so many times - be safe, don't go alone?
          A minute means minute - can't go too far in that amount of time.
          Besides, prob within hearing or seeing distance, depending on where you park.

Comment

Maybe you have to park in a toe zone

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
              Maybe you have to park in a toe zone
              That's a good one!
              No worry tho - I have "connections."

Comment

There is a carr near the treasure site.

https://www.wordnik.com/words/carr

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
                  Considering my search partner, this probably meant something different to me than to anyone else.

But seriously, I actually put a lot of thought into this. Like Froggy, one idea I had was that the treasure was close to where he parked. I also thought that "Weight" might mean "W eight". At my location I took that to be a hint that the longitude was 8".
                  He said very specifically that he parked his car, walked "a few miles" (his words) and placed it on the ground. I submit that he wouldn't have walked that far carrying it if he didn't have to, especially since he had to make 2 trips.
                  I think a viable site would have to be 2-5 miles from the nearest parking.

I don't know the context of that quote, so can't properly evaluate it.
                  Best,
                  -Slashy
                  Last edited by GoSlash27; 06-29-2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

A minute means minute - can't go too far in that amount of time.
                    Besides, prob within hearing or seeing distance, depending on where you park.
                    Minute of angle =1/60

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post

He said very specifically that he parked his car, walked "a few miles" (his words) and placed it on the ground. I submit that he wouldn't have walked that far carrying it if he didn't have to, especially since he had to make 2 trips.
                      I think a viable site would have to be 2-5 miles from the nearest parking.

I don't know the context of that quote, so can't properly evaluate it.
                      Best,
                      -Slashy
                      I never saw the quote where he said he walked a few miles and placed it on the ground. Do you have a link to that? Had I been aware of that statement it would have confirmed my final solve. I had two possible final solve locations. One was about 1/8 mile from the closest parking spot and the other was across the river from it, almost a 2 mile walk from the closest parking spot. The one across the river made more sense as far as the clues, but I was hesitant to go there because I didn't think he walked that far.

Comment

Let's suppose he did say he walked a ways (you guys look up the quote) -
                        what if, he stashed the treasure and THEN WENT FOR A LEISURELY WALK?
                        Or vice versa.
                        I'm sure the scenery was beautiful and he knew that he prob wouldn't be returning to his "special" spot again.
                        He also perhaps wanted to look like the "average Joe" just out for a hike.
                        So what about this possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

I never saw the quote where he said he walked a few miles and placed it on the ground. Do you have a link to that? Had I been aware of that statement it would have confirmed my final solve. I had two possible final solve locations. One was about 1/8 mile from the closest parking spot and the other was across the river from it, almost a 2 mile walk from the closest parking spot. The one across the river made more sense as far as the clues, but I was hesitant to go there because I didn't think he walked that far.
                          RG,
                          Apologies, that's not actually what he said, I misremembered it. He actually said he walked "less than a few miles". Unfortunately, that doesn't narrow down either area for you. Apologies.
                          -Slashy

Comment

The chest was somewhere close to a place that many people frequent. The person who stays in the car is your lookout. They tell you when the coast is clear via walkie talkie or something similar. The finder can sneak back with the treasure without being spotted, then they wait with the gold while you make your second run back to get the chest. Security. (All my opinion,of course)

Comment

Originally posted by crow View Post
                              There is a carr near the treasure site.

https://www.wordnik.com/words/carr
                              That has been my best explanation for that seemingly contradictory statement -- a carr is a fen, and I've always assumed that Forrest's special place was at or near both a fen and a forest.

Comment

Working...
                              X