Not far, but too far to walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
    Would it "not far but too far to walk" let you know perhaps by self-checking in the poem, by way of some confirmer that it was the correct one?
    I had a few for mine:

Map is my war for me story where tint has a change in color yellow... Page 99

nine = clue

and hint of riches new and old
    and hist or richou sew asg old
    and historic house was Gold
    and was gold (dont forget the extra r from the first flip)

and (r) was gold
    asg (l) eon pard
    leon gaspard

Historic house Leon Gaspard

your quest to cease"
    hour dnext to couse
    Hoard next to Couse

I know my imagination is in overdrive but I had a lot of fun so hey lets just go with it...

"It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." ff

Contentment

Conte nt ment
    Sante uf east
    Sante fe taus

Comment

Originally posted by Spallies View Post

I had a few for mine:

Map is my war for me story where tint has a change in color yellow... Page 99

nine = clue

and hint of riches new and old
      and hist or richou sew asg old
      and historic house was Gold
      and was gold (dont forget the extra r from the first flip)

and (r) was gold
      asg (l) eon pard
      leon gaspard

Historic house Leon Gaspard

your quest to cease"
      hour dnext to couse
      Hoard next to Couse

I know my imagination is in overdrive but I had a lot of fun so hey lets just go with it...

"It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." ff

Contentment

Conte nt ment
      Sante uf east
      Sante fe taus

Nice work.

Comment

JHSharp....it's a river.

Comment

Not far but too far to walk. Count the letters and you have the mileage.
          Not far but too far to walk = A "not to walk" tab for tour,f
          Tab= Account (a count) The total of something.

Tour meaning = A journey or route to a particular place or area. (tour also spells rout) Rout is a correct spelling.

He also gives you a match on page 21 of TFTW, as the book title is part of that line. The line is taken out of context and the mileage is added, which matches the page number. But the entire page itself (in context) gives hot to warm, noting halt.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	21.JPG Views:	1 Size:	76.9 KB ID:	171470
          Or count the words after the halt line, to Brown, If you are at "halt" and need to know how far to go, to get to Brown.
          And take it in the canyon down,
          Not far but too far to walk
          Put in below the home of Brown = 21

Since the "And take it in the canyon down" line is included in the drive, it reads this: ATIITCD = Twenty one and knot can aid.
          Knot means mile.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	mile.JPG Views:	5 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	171471
          All 3 lines after the halt line tell of 21 miles, using the same method.
          Last edited by OH!!; 06-30-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
            Not far but too far to walk. Count the letters and you have the mileage.....All 3 lines after the halt line tell of 21 miles, using the same method.
            wrong. all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
              Would it "not far but too far to walk" let you know perhaps by self-checking in the poem, by way of some confirmer that it was the correct one?
              You are right. TFTW means different things to different people. For some TFTW is anything over a mile, while for others TWTW might be as far as 20 miles. Because of "Not far", I took the upper limit on TFTW to be about 20 miles. Maybe it was further. I don't think many would consider TFTW to be less than a mile or greater than 30 miles. I went with something in the middle which is around 15 miles.

Forrest's book TFTW was published in 2013. By that time people had been searching for about 3 years and Forrest had enough input to realize that more than a few searchers had figured out the first two clues. The problem was that searchers were getting stuck on the third clue. They were either not going far enough from WWWH or they were going too far. That's why he decided to give the clue in the preface to TFTW. Of course this is all IMO.

Comment

Stand still.

Comment

I thought "too far" was a subtle reference to "a bridge too far", which means overreaching. Taken together, "not far" meant the distance you needed to travel down the canyon was short, but that you had to take a higher route (over reaching) to get to the spot. This kind of made sense because Forrest said he could see the mountains. My initial search area was in the Rio Grande Gorge, and I didn't think it was possible to see any mountains if you were near the river (this was well before Forrest told us the chest wasn't near the river). There was also the story he wrote about his mom making pineapple upside down cakes, where the main message was "when things look down, look up". So, I started looking at the top of the mesa as a possible route to the chest. (edited to clean it up)
                  Last edited by nmcc; 06-30-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Stick with "2 4 2 walk." I like that. 2-4-2 is in the Fenn solve.

Comment

I'm a thinkin it's a "fur piece......"

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                        ​​​​​Platinum fox fur, perhaps?
                        "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                          What about a furrow

Comment

not far, but too far to walk. Try and step out of your own shadow, or reach the horizon, or the end of a rainbow. As the crow flies, the dead ahead. That's two for two, so brace yourself. Butt too to f(far) meaning to walk gives "foot".

Comment

of course this is what pro hackers and intimidators do, post silly memes on treasure hunt forums, when they get their feels hurted.

sad f***

Comment

Originally posted by whitefeather

You don't who Long John Silver is?
                                ​​​​​​
                                i wonder where you got your name from, sad f***

Comment

Working...
                                X